Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    It is hard for me to grade the Lions draft given the dearth of talent on the team and that it is year 1 of a long rebuild. They would have to take special teams guys only or the least athletic player available at every pick to fail this draft in my eyes. Given the players we got and the areas of focus I am a fan of what the draft produced. I was really rooting for Chase to fall but getting Sewell was a nice "second" option. The only pick I didn't like was Jemar Jefferson and I can't be bothered to get that upset about a 7th round pick. I wanted a WR earlier but landing Amon-Ra in the 4th was still pretty solid. Maybe too heavy on DT's in a weak DT class but even then the guys we got I was a fan of so I can't be too mad at that. I assume that means Da'Shawn Hand might be on the move or just carry him and run with Brockers/Hand/Onwuzurike/McNeill/Penisini which looks better than the crap we've had at the position lately.

Force me to choose I'd say my meaningless grade sure to change by the end of the season would be an A-.
    I thought Detroit had a great draft. They may pick in the top 5 next year, but this was a great building block draft.
    Last edited by Claymation; 05-03-2021 at 03:19 PM.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

People are really low on the Cowboys draft. I actually liked it.

#24ever

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    People are really low on the Cowboys draft. I actually liked it.
    Cause their draft is filled with questionable character guys otherwise NYG front office would have drafted Micah instead of trading down. Then again Dallas wouldn't have traded with the Eagles as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...tracker?espv=1

Philadelphia Eagles

Devonta Smith - A
    High end: Marvin Harrison
    Comparison: Tyler Lockett V2.0

Silky smooth speed, hips, feet, and route running. Players like Lockett and Mooney who can beat the press and make plays at the NFL level, Smith should not have any real issues. Just a complete player with ability to beat you at all three levels of the defense similar to Calvin Ridley or a better version of Tyler Lockett.

Landon Dickerson - C+
    High end: Frank Ragnow
    Comparison: Pouncey twins

Recruited as offensive tackle who has great flexibility on the inside now. Massive amount of potential based on his play and talent level, but the injuries will make or break him. Jeff Stoutland is one of the best O-Line coaches in the league and he came from Alabama so I'll have to trust what he sees in this kid. Just a massive human being with broad everything and enough athleticism to be productive at both levels. If he's the heir to the center position it'll be a vastly different experience from one of the smallest to one of the largest.

Milton Williams - B
    High end: Geno Atkins
    Comparison: Shelby Harris

Went with the high upside, athletic player with versatility again. He's really a 3-tech that can play some base end if he develops properly. If Dickenson and Williams both pan out it'll dramatically decrease our rebuild time given the upside they both have. I like the idea of him getting to sit behind Cox and Hargraves for two years before really needing to make his impact as a true starter. We also rotate our defensive line a ton so he'll see immediate opportunity for snaps. His main concern is technique, improving that first step, and building up his strength ten fold.

His percentiles are off the charts:
    10 Yard Split 1.65s* 93
    20 Yard Split 2.65s* 94
    40 Yard Dash 4.67s* 99
    Vertical Jump 38½"* 99
    Broad Jump 121"* 99
    3-Cone Drill 6.96s* 99
    20 Yard Shuttle 4.33s* 93
    Bench Press 34 reps* 87

Zech McPhearson - C+
    High end:
    Comparison:

One of our biggest needs and likely profiles as a long term fit on the inside. He has versatility to play both positions with a long 82 inch wingspan that should alleviate any height concerns. Seems very competent with his ball skills and twitchy at the point of attack. Not overly fast or anything though so we'll have to see if he can improve his technique enough to overcome that. Another win for him is that he's a positive athlete that became better each season and already comes in as a special teams ace. I foresee him getting immediate playing time and have some bumps along the way as most young corners do.

Kenneth Gainwell - B+
    High end: Austin Ekeler
    Comparison: Devin Singletary / Nyheim Hines love child

Slasher type of receiver/runner with great instincts and change of direction skills. Not overly explosive as a home run hitter with the long speed. Wouldn't say he's Ekeler on the contact balance, but he has enough of it with his above average burst and tackle breaking ability to make plays. Should really excel with this offense and someone who can do a lot of the same things Sanders can. Don't really need a power back in the short term when you have Hurts and not having to change the offense much with either back in should help all around.

Need to digest the later guys a little more

Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    Cause their draft is filled with questionable character guys otherwise NYG front office would have drafted Micah instead of trading down. Then again Dallas wouldn't have traded with the Eagles as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...tracker?espv=1
    There were a couple of times they also reached on a player instead of taking BPA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    There were a couple of times they also reached on a player instead of taking BPA.

Perhaps the BPA didn't have enough any character flaws and needed to reach for them. Cowboys are outlaws in the Wild West.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    Philadelphia Eagles

Devonta Smith - A
    High end: Marvin Harrison
    Comparison: Tyler Lockett V2.0

Silky smooth speed, hips, feet, and route running. Players like Lockett and Mooney who can beat the press and make plays at the NFL level, Smith should not have any real issues. Just a complete player with ability to beat you at all three levels of the defense similar to Calvin Ridley or a better version of Tyler Lockett.

Landon Dickerson - C+
    High end: Frank Ragnow
    Comparison: Pouncey twins

Recruited as offensive tackle who has great flexibility on the inside now. Massive amount of potential based on his play and talent level, but the injuries will make or break him. Jeff Stoutland is one of the best O-Line coaches in the league and he came from Alabama so I'll have to trust what he sees in this kid. Just a massive human being with broad everything and enough athleticism to be productive at both levels. If he's the heir to the center position it'll be a vastly different experience from one of the smallest to one of the largest.

Milton Williams - B
    High end: Geno Atkins
    Comparison: Shelby Harris

Went with the high upside, athletic player with versatility again. He's really a 3-tech that can play some base end if he develops properly. If Dickenson and Williams both pan out it'll dramatically decrease our rebuild time given the upside they both have. I like the idea of him getting to sit behind Cox and Hargraves for two years before really needing to make his impact as a true starter. We also rotate our defensive line a ton so he'll see immediate opportunity for snaps. His main concern is technique, improving that first step, and building up his strength ten fold.

His percentiles are off the charts:
    10 Yard Split1.65s*93
    20 Yard Split2.65s*94
    40 Yard Dash4.67s*99
    Vertical Jump38½"*99
    Broad Jump121"*99
    3-Cone Drill6.96s*99
    20 Yard Shuttle4.33s*93
    Bench Press34 reps*87

Zech McPhearson - C+
    High end:
    Comparison:

One of our biggest needs and likely profiles as a long term fit on the inside. He has versatility to play both positions with a long 82 inch wingspan that should alleviate any height concerns. Seems very competent with his ball skills and twitchy at the point of attack. Not overly fast or anything though so we'll have to see if he can improve his technique enough to overcome that. Another win for him is that he's a positive athlete that became better each season and already comes in as a special teams ace. I foresee him getting immediate playing time and have some bumps along the way as most young corners do.

Kenneth Gainwell - B+
    High end: Austin Ekeler
    Comparison: Devin Singletary / Nyheim Hines love child

Slasher type of receiver/runner with great instincts and change of direction skills. Not overly explosive as a home run hitter with the long speed. Wouldn't say he's Ekeler on the contact balance, but he has enough of it with his above average burst and tackle breaking ability to make plays. Should really excel with this offense and someone who can do a lot of the same things Sanders can. Don't really need a power back in the short term when you have Hurts and not having to change the offense much with either back in should help all around.

Need to digest the later guys a little more
    I am giving the Eagles draft a C+ cause of the risky 2nd round pick. I would have taken Creed if I wanted a C at this spot.

Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    Perhaps the BPA didn't have enough any character flaws and needed to reach for them. Cowboys are outlaws in the Wild West.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    based on.....?
    Doing the same thing last time.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...-replaced/amp/

Loser: QB Carson Wentz
    Wentz was, to put it kindly, not thrilled the last time his team took a quarterback in the draft. Well, his new team just did it again, with the Colts selecting Texas passer Sam Ehlinger at the tail end of the sixth round. Hopefully now that he's back with Frank Reich and company, Wentz can keep his composure and not let the selection of a developmental quarterback behind him throw his entire game off the rails.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post

Wentz was, to put it kindly, not thrilled the last time his team took a quarterback in the draft. Well, his new team just did it again, with the Colts selecting Texas passer Sam Ehlinger at the tail end of the sixth round. Hopefully now that he's back with Frank Reich and company, Wentz can keep his composure and not let the selection of a developmental quarterback behind him throw his entire game off the rails.
    Not absolving Wentz of all responsibility for how things went in Philly but it’s LAUGHABLE to compare a 2nd round pick on a QB to a late 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Not absolving Wentz of all responsibility for how things went in Philly but it’s LAUGHABLE to compare a 2nd round pick on a QB to a late 6th.
    Jared Dubin is a New York lawyer and writer. He joined CBSSports.com in 2014 and has since spent far too much of his time watching film and working in spreadsheets.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/contributors/jared-dubin/

https://twitter.com/jadubin5?lang=en

Shrug. I'm sure he's better paid than any of us for his opinion.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Jared Dubin is a New York lawyer and writer. He joined CBSSports.com in 2014 and has since spent far too much of his time watching film and working in spreadsheets.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/contributors/jared-dubin/

https://twitter.com/jadubin5?lang=en

Shrug. I'm sure he's better paid than any of us for his opinion.
    This Dubin guy is either obsessed with Wentz or inventing stories for clickbait. Why else would he say something negative about Wentz?

Y’all are obsessed with talking about Wentz.

He really is polarizing.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast