Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

R7 Pick 244: Gerrid Doaks RB

WE DID IT BOYS! The mad man actually did it! Dreams really do come true!

Im so excited to see people flame Grier for not drafting Kylie Hill because Simon Clancy said he was good.

Prospect summary - gerrid doaks

after redshirting in 2016, gerrid doaks led cincinnati in rushing as a redshirt freshman in 2017 despite missing three games due to injury. He then missed all of 2018 with an injury he suffered in practice. Doaks returned in 2019 and was a steady producer for the bearcats offense for the next two seasons. Doaks is a big and powerful back that runs angry and explodes into contact. Hes outstanding in pass protection and is aggressive with everything he does on the field. While he was underutilized as a receiving threat in college, the opportunities he did receive to catch the football produced impressive results and i believe there is some untapped potential regarding that component of his game. For a bigger back, doaks has more quickness and elusiveness than expected. What tempers the evaluation for doaks is the injury history and that he was never consistently a catalyst for offensive production at cincinnati despite some really impressive flashes. Situation and opportunity could end up being major factors in the career doaks ends up having, but there is a lot to like about him and what he brings to the table.

Ideal role: Versatile rb2.

Scheme fit: Any.

Watching some of his cuts, this dude is fun. Graded out as an 8.32 RAS ranking 252 out of 1490. Super physical back, looks like hes got some decent vision, and good 3rd down back. He tweeted out this morning if you dont want your QB hit, draft me.

If he can stay healthy, I think hes got a shot on the roster. Hes the exact type of back I love.

My running back!
    Nice they invested a 7th in this position, I guess they admitted they needed some help lol.
    In all seriousness, I hope he can be a hammer for us.

Reading on him, the thing that is most alarming is the hesitant at the line of scrimmage" part. Otherwise he looks like he'd be a good thumper.

Strengths

Shows a surprising burst to beat linebackers to the edge. Can plant his foot in the ground and explode, showing better straight-line speed than expected.
    North-South runner with good leg drive and physicality.
    Has good burst to and through the hole. A patient runner with good vision and burst for the cutback. Squares his shoulders and can knock the defender back onto his heels. Good leg drive and forward lean to gain extra yardage after contact.
    Balanced runner maintains low pad level and has the power to keep moving after initial contact.
    Has good footwork for a back of his size with moderate quickness to avoid tacklers. Runs determined and has reliable hands.

Weaknesses

Too indecisive and hesitant at the line of scrimmage.
    Has surprising burst for a back with his build but, despite some long runs over his career, has limited straight-line speed and can be caught from behind.
    A one-speed, straight-line runner without much wiggle or shiftiness - won't make defenders miss in small areas and lacks the long speed to outrun them.
    Needs to show better patience to allow blocks to develop and is too often running up the backs of his blockers. He isn't naturally explosive as a runner and lacks elusiveness in the open field.
    Almost too bulky; plays stiff and tighthipped. Not an explosive player with little burst. Has suspect acceleration and needs more than a few steps to reach his top-end speed.
    https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...-RB-Cincinnati
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 05-02-2021 at 11:12 AM.

Plague should like him being he tweeted "If you don't want your quarterback hit, Draft me" haha

But he's a very athletic back for his size, maybe we finally have a dude who can get that short yardage.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk