Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should Alejandro Kirk Be The Starting Catcher?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 100.00%
  • No

0 0%

It's Time For Alejandro Kirk To Be The Starter

After 1 month I think it's pretty clear that a change needs to be made at C. Kirk and Jansen have been splitting duties for the month of April. After last night Kirk has more HRs than Jansen has total hits. Jansen's OPS is lower than Kirk's BA.

Yes, Jansen was a GG nominee two years ago but that's about it. He's an automatic out/rally killer at the plate. To the surprise of many, Kirk is showing that he actually knows how to play the position he's been playing professionally for years. I'm not saying cut Jansen but it's time for him to become the backup. Kirk should be catching 4 or 5 games a week from here on out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I donít disagree. I would still be doing some type of split. But Jansen needs to put more focus on his hitting. Maybe having some off days allows him to study the upcoming opponents on both sides of the ball?

I donít disagree. I would still be doing some type of split. But Jansen needs to put more focus on his hitting. Maybe having some off days allows him to study the upcoming opponents on both sides of the ball?
    I have Kirk in my pool, so I want him starting as much as possible

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

He had all off season. I don't get it.

Now Kirk is potentially hurt. We can't catch a break.

The 9 hitter is going to see a lot of fastballs. Pitchers won't mess around with the catcher when Springer, Bo and Vladdy are the next 3 hitters. Kirk and his short swing can hit almost any fastball. I'd have him catching 3/5 games when he returns to the lineup.

He should be when he comes back. Danny is just terrible at the plate. Auto out. Can't have that.

The Lost Boys of PSD