Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

R2 Pick 42: OT Liam Eichenberg

Thought it would be Creed, but Eichenberg is a plug and play starter. Dudes just solid.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Eichenberg is a straight up football player, type you want at OL. He might kick in to OG. Hunt played well at RT and the reports only said they where thinking of moving him.

Yea Iím so curious where he plays. Iíd imagine that this is moving him to RT.

Eichenberg was one of the cleanest OTs in this class. I constantly saw him mocked to either the Bills or Colts since they just have obvious LT holes. I know a few people who said after the top 2 he was the most pro ready guy.

Graded out as an 8.57 on RAS which ranks 165 out of 1143 OTs since 1987.

Dude didnít allow a SINGLE SACK THE PAST TWO YEARS. If he slides to RT it is perfect for Tuaís blindside. Not the mauler I prefer, but give Tua the protection he needs.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 04-30-2021 at 09:06 PM.

Eichenberg said in his PC that he is open to playing all 5 spots.....

Is this dude our center? It might explain why they suddenly went away from their Oline mold.

Pretty much all the guys we have taken can lineup anywhere, thats big in the game nowadays. Allows you to get matchups that are in your favor.

I saw him mocked in the first a few times so Iím really happy to get him at 42. I donít think we gave up too much to trade up and we need to start turning these picks into starters.

When we made the trade we knew there was going to be a run of offensive linemen. For us, it was important to get up. We spent a lot of time getting to know Liam. We like his toughness and character," GM Chris Grier said. "It was important to get up and get in."

Dolphins coach Brian Flores says Liam Eichenberg has versatility to play LT, RT, G. "He has to earn his role on this team," coach says.

We're always willing to move up and down. We're willing to be aggressive. For us, there is no certainty for next year," Dolphins GM Chris Grier. "For us, as we're looking and working to build our team. When Brian and I were talking Liam was a player we wanted."

So we talk about Miami getting sniped at RB, they instead decided to do the sniping on OT.

Is he worth it to give up a 3rd round pick next year though? So we spent a second and a third round pick on this guy. He better be legit.

Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    Is he worth it to give up a 3rd round pick next year though? So we spent a second and a third round pick on this guy.
    No, of course he isn't.... But it'll still be defended to the death.

When they could have just taken Teven Jenkins, who was a first round talent, instead of reaching for a safety and probably still got Holland later.

****ing ridiculous but no one here will tell you that.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    No, of course he isn't.... But it'll still be defended to the death.

When they could have just taken Teven Jenkins, who was a first round talent, instead of reaching for a safety and probably still got Holland later.

****ing ridiculous but no one here will tell you that.
    You legit think every pick the Phins make is a reach, dude relax and look them up. And don't read some trash like Walterfootball, that dude that runs than site doesn't know anything about football. Any scout or legit talent evaluator will say the same. PFF is trash as well overall, its best to just use the stats they have not the "grades"

Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    Is he worth it to give up a 3rd round pick next year though? So we spent a second and a third round pick on this guy. He better be legit.
    Outside of the top 2, I considered Eichenberg as the most pro ready OT. I was a little confused with the pick purely because he didnít fit the mold of what we drafted last year, but that doesnít mean itís a bad pick. Eichenberg is incredibly consistent as a pass blocker, and is tough in the run game. Heís just not a monster human being like Hunt and Kindley are, so heís not the most dominate in the run game. Thatís why I thought Jenkins would make sense, but thereís apparently some serious concerns with his motivation and character. Hes also shaky in pass pro.

Eich adds a safe and steady pick. I donít think youíre looking at an all pro caliber OT, but heís going to be in the league for years and I would love him at RT. Think of the exact opposite of Juwaun James. Maybe wonít have the super high peaks, but you know exactly what youíre going to get week after week.

Dolphins clearly think theyíre going to be picking late next year. The fall from their 3rd wonít be that far from the comp pick. I think itís worth it to give up that 3rd to get a guy who clearly wouldnít have been there at 50 and will probably play on the line for 10+ years. I absolutely love Eichenberg.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 05-01-2021 at 09:38 PM.

They had to deal up to get a tackle they loved, they saw the run happening. We had an extra 3 next year so not the biggest of losses if he pans out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

He should pan out. I was actually just watching some video. He is very technically sound. Active feet and hands. Great 2 hand punch. Understands leverage and takes advantage of it when the opponent shows a weak point. Understands other parts of the game well as far as recognition (stunts). Even recovers well when he is knocked off balance.
    Kind of like Phillips, our edge guy, he has all of the moves he needs in his arsenal. Anyone else see the trend?
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 05-02-2021 at 11:43 AM.

I like the pick and get the pick, another pick that reminds me of a New England pick.

Hard worker, super productive, played a lot of games in college, all business.

I just dont know where hes going to play, I don't see him as a fulltime tackle at the nfl level. Can def play there when needed but full time, probably not.

I'm super happy that all our drafted lineman have position versatility though, thats huge.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I like the pick and get the pick, another pick that reminds me of a New England pick.

Hard worker, super productive, played a lot of games in college, all business.

I just dont know where hes going to play, I don't see him as a fulltime tackle at the nfl level. Can def play there when needed but full time, probably not.

I'm super happy that all our drafted lineman have position versatility though, thats huge.
    Even if heís a guard, heís a damn good guard. Putting him next to Jackson would help give Jackson a stable force next to him. Iíd expect them to do something similar to Hunt. Give him the opportunity to fail at RT first. See if he gets whooped by Ogbah or Phillips and then move him to guard.

Outside of his own struggles, moving him to RT does force two other guys to move around. So itís probably not going to be as fluid as Iíd hope.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast