Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Kind of needed a tackle...Campbell can't cut it anymore!!!!!
    Yeah well it's a well known fact that Leatherwood does not have the footwork to be a good pass blocker in this league. That's why some teams saw him as a guard instead of a tackle. They think that they can hide this deficiency by playing him at right tackle. Problem is that he was primarily used as a left tackle and right guard in college. From now until the start of the season Leatherwood is gonna have to learn how to wipe his *** with the other hand.

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    Heads will still roll. It just hasn't happened yet. But it won't be Gruden because of his contract and his relationship with Mark Davis. And it won't be Mayock because he knows his business when it comes to draft picks. The lesser coaches are the ones responsible for bad draft picks. Cable wanted Leatherwood and that will be his undoing.
    This makes no sense Eric, you have to realize that.
    Last edited by Wolfe-Raider; 06-04-2021 at 11:24 AM.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Heads will still roll. It just hasn't happened yet. But it won't be Gruden because of his contract and his relationship with Mark Davis. And it won't be Mayock because he knows his business when it comes to draft picks. The lesser coaches are the ones responsible for bad draft picks. Cable wanted Leatherwood and that will be his undoing.
    “Word in league circles is a major shake-up in the Las Vegas Raiders’ front office will be coming soon after the draft and significant heads are expected to roll,”

I don’t think a position coach qualifies as a major shake up in the front office. That’s just reaching. As was the whole article. Never made sense to begin with. Only way it makes sense is if one of gruden or mayock made the pick without the others consent. In that case- the one who didn’t agree with the pick could either quit, or talk to mark davis to fire the other person. Seems like a stretch though.

And they probably did give cable a big say in who was drafted. This is the trust he’s earned by getting Miller and the rest of the OL to play well thru an injury plagued season. This could end up leading to cables departure. But there’s no way (zero chance) they get rid of him until he’s gotten a chance to coach up leatherwood. Looking at miller’s progression, I’d guess that cable would be given 2 years. This year he’d have some slack as Miller wasnt that good year 1 either.
    Last edited by FarOutIos; 06-05-2021 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    “Word in league circles is a major shake-up in the Las Vegas Raiders’ front office will be coming soon after the draft and significant heads are expected to roll,”

I don’t think a position coach qualifies as a major shake up in the front office. That’s just reaching. As was the whole article. Never made sense to begin with. Only way it makes sense is if one of gruden or mayock made the pick without the others consent. In that case- the one who didn’t agree with the pick could either quit, or talk to mark davis to fire the other person. Seems like a stretch though.

And they probably did give cable a big say in who was drafted. This is the trust he’s earned by getting Miller and the rest of the OL to play well thru an injury plagued season. This could end up leading to cables departure. But there’s no way (zero chance) they get rid of him until he’s gotten a chance to coach up leatherwood. Looking at miller’s progression, I’d guess that cable would be given 2 years. This year he’d have some slack as Miller wasnt that good year 1 either.
    They are not gonna fire Mayock or Gruden. Leatherwood is gonna give up alot of sacks because unlike Miller he does not have the natural ability to be a good pass blocker. He'll wind up at guard and Cable will be fired. Like everyone else position coaches don't last long. Cable has been here longer than Mayock and was considered one of the worst coaches in the league because of his total disregard for his quarterback's safety. He's a run first coach. Always has been.

They are not gonna fire Mayock or Gruden. Leatherwood is gonna give up alot of sacks because unlike Miller he does not have the natural ability to be a good pass blocker. He'll wind up at guard and Cable will be fired. Like everyone else position coaches don't last long. Cable has been here longer than Mayock and was considered one of the worst coaches in the league because of his total disregard for his quarterback's safety. He's a run first coach. Always has been.
    Ok. But would firing cable be considered a major front office shake up?

Answer: No

That story you linked was implying gruden or mayock. You yourself said we aren’t firing either. Which leads me to believe, you doubt the content of that story as well.

Ok. But would firing cable be considered a major front office shake up?

Answer: No

That story you linked was implying gruden or mayock. You yourself said we aren’t firing either. Which leads me to believe, you doubt the content of that story as well.
    The story also made it seem like this “major shakeup” was going to happen right after the draft.

A “major shakeup” of any front office will always be true if it just means at ANY time in the future.

It won't be a major shakeup, but somebody will be canned! That's for sure. Leatherwood won't make it as a tackle because of his problems in pass blocking. He'll be moved inside to guard eventually along with Simpson. These two will be our future starting guards.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    The story also made it seem like this “major shakeup” was going to happen right after the draft.

A “major shakeup” of any front office will always be true if it just means at ANY time in the future.
    Haha. Seriously. That one didn’t act well.

It won't be a major shakeup, but somebody will be canned! That's for sure. Leatherwood won't make it as a tackle because of his problems in pass blocking. He'll be moved inside to guard eventually along with Simpson. These two will be our future starting guards.
    I 100% agree with you. One of the raiders coaches will eventually be fired. One day. Heads will roll!

I 100% agree with you. One of the raiders coaches will eventually be fired. One day. Heads will roll!
    ...and when that day comes...lookout...somebody!

LOL. The story was already declared by EVERYONE to be complete fabrication a few days after it was published. For the love of St. Genesius , Patron Saint of clowns.

"...prone to stoogery.".

I think leatherwood will be fine. If he would have came out last year, he would have been the top ot taken. People forget that he was dominant in 2019. Zero sacks given up. And was a dominant run blocker.

Slater and Sewell had good years in 2019 and didn’t plAy this year. If leatherwood would have opted out like they did, he would have been a top 10 pick. He had a very explosive pro day. And he played a full season without. Pre season. The kid wants to be on the field and has a drive to be the best. It would have killed this kid to take a year off without playing. I like the pick. I would have rather had darrisaw. But I like the pick

The only issues I saw with Leatherwood’s pass protection technique was his hands which he would put out far too early and keep them extended rather than punch and recoil (especially his outside left when at left OT) allowing defenders to cross chop him and gain his edge quicker and at times he would have too wide a base with his feet. Apart from that he protected well in the footage I have watched including having a good anchor when defenders would try to bullrush him. Very good athlete, who is dedicated and should get better. We will see when the bullets start firing though.

I don’t think anyone really dislikes leatherwood as a player. I think most people think darrisaw might have been the better pick. But more importantly, I think most of us would have wanted to trade down to get leatherwood.

We had an offer on the table and passed out of fear. And that fear was proven unwarranted. He still would have been there. The compensation was the excuse, but I think it was more of the compensation not being worth the risk. In hindsight, there was no risk. So the compensation would be “free money”.

Now… I understand that hindsight is 20/20. But the issue isn’t the lack of mazxumixing value on one pick- it’s maximizing value in general. It’s the sum of all the picks where we’ve reached. Every story on our draft points to not giving us the benefit of the doubt- as we’ve consistently proven to reach for players not worth reaching for.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678