Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Carl Nassib of Las Vegas Raiders announces he is gay

As I posted in the Raiders general thread if anyone has any comments please be respectful.

Thanks

Hopefully, in todayís age, this wonít be too big of a deal and cause a huge ruckus. Thatís all I care about, just stick to football.

Yea really shouldnít be a thing and itís unfortunate it is but Iím glad he felt comfortable enough to come out. I hope more and more active players do as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolls View Post
    Hopefully, in todayís age, this wonít be too big of a deal and cause a huge ruckus. Thatís all I care about, just stick to football.
    Stick to football? Someone forgot to give Nassib that message....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

He also made a $100,000 donation to the Trevor Project, which is a great gesture.

What does sexual preference have anything to do with being a professional football player? And why is this even news.! .

Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    What does sexual preference have anything to do with being a professional football player? And why is this even news.! .
    Itís news because some will treat him differently or even hate him for it.

Everyoneís point is that society will be more evolved when this is not news.

Congratulations on coming out Carl. Hopefully this helps others feel strong enough to come out in the future then we can move past this type of thing being news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this point I think you have to expect there to be other members of the LGBTQ+ community on active rosters, or employed by teams in other capacities around the league. Good for Nassib for coming out and openly stating what we all should probably already know: Yes, there are gays in the NFL ... and the Raiders have never ever shied away from being the trendsetters in this league.

Like Nassib said in his Instagram video, hopefully one day such announcements won't be necessary. But so long as there are kids out there committing suicide because they lack the support and the tools to live their truths, prominent people like Nassib need to step up and be that visible beacon for their community. I wish him the best, because it won't be easy.

Thought we had it rough. Wait to see the jokes that come from this one!

TBH who cares? Play football!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

I don't care what your sexual orientation is, why does it have to be officially announced?

It was announced because itís a big deal. It obviously makes a lot of people uncomfortable, but thatís too bad, if you have a problem with him or with him announcing it then donít worry, he probably wonít be a Raider for very long. You can then go back to cheering on terrible, underperforming and losing teams that have an all-straight roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    It was announced because itís a big deal. It obviously makes a lot of people uncomfortable, but thatís too bad, if you have a problem with him or with him announcing it then donít worry, he probably wonít be a Raider for very long. You can then go back to cheering on terrible, underperforming and losing teams that have an all-straight roster.
    I thought being gay was not supposed to be a big deal? Let me get something straight, I said I didn't care what his sexual orientation was....so I hope this message wasn't direct towards me. Read comments a little better before attacking.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast