Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It will be but they pretty much have to go into the tax to appease Dame. They canít start penny pinching and claim they are trying to build a contender at all costs.

They definitely plan to re-sign him, theyíd have never traded Gary Trent Jr if they had planned to let Powell leave.
    Powellís gonna get PAID. If he walks, there is no alternative but to blow it up. And you know Powell and his agent are salivating right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Powellís gonna get PAID. If he walks, there is no alternative but to blow it up. And you know Powell and his agent are salivating right about now.
    Max contract incoming from the Blazers!

for beal or dame what team could honestly beat simmons/thyb/3 firsts and multiple 2nds plus a shake milton? If we were forced we could even throw in maxey.

Hearing a lot now Lillard to either the Raptors or Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Hearing a lot now Lillard to either the Raptors or Warriors
    stop... wtf... what could the warriors offer for dame that beats any offer from the sixers/heat/celtics that doesnt invole klay? nobody is taking wiseman and picks... STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    for beal or dame what team could honestly beat simmons/thyb/3 firsts and multiple 2nds plus a shake milton? If we were forced we could even throw in maxey.
    maybe Jamal Murray+MPJ+picks

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    When I first saw all the Simmons for CJ trades I said Iíd rather Portland trade CJ for Harris.

Dame , Powell, RoCo, Harris, Nurk.

Pretty much the same talent wise but we get rid of our undersized backcourt.
    Iíd add 28 just to get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Depends if the Blazers/Wizards want to go full tear down. If so, that 76ers package is easily topped.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Depends if the Blazers/Wizards want to go full tear down. If so, that 76ers package is easily topped.
    The Wizards strike me more likely to go full tank than the Blazers. I think the Blazers two big issues in the Dame era (ongoing ATM) is the failures in the draft and continual churning of role players and not hitting on that one guy.

2015 - Traded the pick that became Rondae Hollis-Jefferson for Mason Plumlee
    2016 - Traded away the pick that became Malik Beasley for Aaron Afflalo
    2017 - Picked Zach Collins over Donovan Mitchell and Bam Adebayo. Also picked Caleb Swanigan over Kyle Kuzma and Derrick White.
    2018 - Anfernee Simons (good pick)
    2019 - Nasier Little

So even in that 5 draft stretch letís say they donít trade for Afflalo and make different 2017 picks:

Lillard
    McCollum
    Little (?)
    Kuz/FA
    Adebayo

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    maybe Jamal Murray+MPJ+picks
    I wouldn't do it just because Murray has shown to be just as good or arguably a better playoff performer than Dame. Sure Nuggets will get a better regular season record with Dame, but not sure they are better in the playoffs with him. Not at the price of a an asset like MPJ imo.

I'd look to get in on a 3 way trade with Boston and Washington if rumors are true that Beal wants to team with Tatum as they are bffs. MPJ and salary filler for Jaylen, maybe add more to juice it up. Washington probably wants to rebuild and MPJ would give them a young scorer to pair with Rui.

Brown would give Denver more defense to surround Jokic and Murray and is a high end 3rd option on a title contender.

Try to sign and 3 & D guy like Danny Green to round out the starting line up.

Murray-Green-Brown-Gordon-Jokic is a title team IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    The Wizards strike me more likely to go full tank than the Blazers. I think the Blazers two big issues in the Dame era (ongoing ATM) is the failures in the draft and continual churning of role players and not hitting on that one guy.

2015 - Traded the pick that became Rondae Hollis-Jefferson for Mason Plumlee
    2016 - Traded away the pick that became Malik Beasley for Aaron Afflalo
    2017 - Picked Zach Collins over Donovan Mitchell and Bam Adebayo. Also picked Caleb Swanigan over Kyle Kuzma and Derrick White.
    2018 - Anfernee Simons (good pick)
    2019 - Nasier Little

So even in that 5 draft stretch letís say they donít trade for Afflalo and make different 2017 picks:

Lillard
    McCollum
    Little (?)
    Kuz/FA
    Adebayo

The drafting has hurt (only having pick #46 in last year + this year combined) but I don't think that is the biggest obstacle. Where the Blazers got hung up was overpaying a bunch of bums.

They had ~$75M locked up between Crabbe, Turner, Leonard, Harkless, Aminu, Ezeli, and Davis on a $94M cap.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    The drafting has hurt (only having pick #46 in last year + this year combined) but I don't think that is the biggest obstacle. Where the Blazers got hung up was overpaying a bunch of bums.

They had ~$75M locked up between Crabbe, Turner, Leonard, Harkless, Aminu, Ezeli, and Davis on a $94M cap.
    The drafting hurts more when you struggle with contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    I wouldn't do it just because Murray has shown to be just as good or arguably a better playoff performer than Dame. Sure Nuggets will get a better regular season record with Dame, but not sure they are better in the playoffs with him. Not at the price of a an asset like MPJ imo.

I'd look to get in on a 3 way trade with Boston and Washington if rumors are true that Beal wants to team with Tatum as they are bffs. MPJ and salary filler for Jaylen, maybe add more to juice it up. Washington probably wants to rebuild and MPJ would give them a young scorer to pair with Rui.

Brown would give Denver more defense to surround Jokic and Murray and is a high end 3rd option on a title contender.

Try to sign and 3 & D guy like Danny Green to round out the starting line up.

Murray-Green-Brown-Gordon-Jokic is a title team IMO.
    lol what? How would you even defend Dame/Jokic dribble handoffs? Dame is one of the best shooters of all time, and one of the best PnR players of all time. He's miles ahead of Murray in every regard on offense. Idk what's driven you to conclude that Murray is as good of a playoff performer as Dame, unless you think his bubble performance is sustainable?

lol what? How would you even defend Dame/Jokic dribble handoffs? Dame is one of the best shooters of all time, and one of the best PnR players of all time. He's miles ahead of Murray in every regard on offense. Idk what's driven you to conclude that Murray is as good of a playoff performer as Dame, unless you think his bubble performance is sustainable?
    While Murray played pretty well in their playoff run yeah I canít see how anyone could think Murray would be as valuable as Dame in the playoffs. And Murrayís impact was alongside Jokic, imagine how much easier things would be for Dame next to the literal MVP.

That's all speculation if he would mesh better with Jokic. Murray is better off the ball and has proven he could play a dominant role off of Jokic(In aplayoff series). No guarantees a ball dominant player like Dame plays/feeds better off of Jokic. He might even take away touches off of Jokic as he is used to being the offensive catalyst and engine. Dame may be a better primary option but that doesn't guarantee he would be a better option vs. Murray as the secondary guy. Dame's shooting numbers decline in the playoffs, whereas Murray's rises. Murray has probably just as much dominant series as Dame does in his career.

Dame is the better regular season player.

Numbers and reality shows that Murray is a better playoff perfomer. Until Dame proves me wrong.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast