Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 400
  1. #286
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,072
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Seriously? The relevance is you saying Dame hasn't give the Blazers any rings...
    That’s not a knock on Lillard, it’s a factual statement. LeBron brought each of those franchises rings.

  2. #287
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Yeah, it’s better from a player standpoint. The same from an ownership standpoint and he signed off on the new coach. You’re making it sound like losing non-core guys should matter as much as anything else.

    He was on Lliard’s list.

    They should’ve before Lilliard signed the extension. But he was apparently ok with them being his main running guys until…….what changed?

    Again, if it’s not working for your first contract, ok. Then your RFA contract? Ok. Then you want the money for your UFA contract? Get it. But after you sign that one, then you ***** and moan that you want out? Nothing got worse.
    I'd say the team starting 29 and 37 pre pandemic, followed by losing to a shorthanded Nuggets team in the first round "post" pandemic. I'm sure Nurk playing a combined total of 56 games since Dame signed his extension are all pretty big variables that would change anyone's mind.

  3. #288
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,072
    Does anyone here think the Lakers would rather LeBron demand a trade now to get assets back for him rather than keep him until the expiration of his contract?

  4. #289
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    That’s not a knock on Lillard, it’s a factual statement. LeBron brought each of those franchises rings.
    Not by himself he didn't... Even LBJ, MJ, or Kobe ain't bringing a title to Portland all by their lonesome.

  5. #290
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Does anyone here think the Lakers would rather LeBron demand a trade now to get assets back for him rather than keep him until the expiration of his contract?
    That's not the comparison, the comparison was him walking in free agency for nothing, but hell yeah, way to spin it.

  6. #291
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,072
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    That's not the comparison, the comparison was him walking in free agency for nothing, but hell yeah, way to spin it.
    Well yes it is the comparison because you’re saying that instead of walking away in Free Agency he should have demanded a trade so the team got assets back. So the choice for LA would very much be him walking for nothing at the conclusion of his contract… or him demanding a trade halfway through so LA could get assets in return.

    But hell yeah, way to miss the point…

  7. #292
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,072
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Not by himself he didn't... Even LBJ, MJ, or Kobe ain't bringing a title to Portland all by their lonesome.
    Well if Portland did get Bron they’d mortgage their future to bring in high priced vets to compete for a title. You know, like you were criticizing LeBron for forcing his teams to do when he gets there…

  8. #293
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well yes it is the comparison because you’re saying that instead of walking away in Free Agency he should have demanded a trade so the team got assets back. So the choice for LA would very much be him walking for nothing at the conclusion of his contract… or him demanding a trade halfway through so LA could get assets in return.

    But hell yeah, way to miss the point…
    Ummmm nah, bc Dame's extension hasn't even kicked in... The equivalent is at the end of THIS contract would people rather LeBron walk for nothing in free agency or sign an extension with the team then asked to be traded... To then receive 5 first round picks and 5 swaps.

    But hell yes, way to DOUBLE miss the point brother!

  9. #294
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,228
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Not by himself he didn't... Even LBJ, MJ, or Kobe ain't bringing a title to Portland all by their lonesome.
    Guys want to play with Lebron and ride coattails. Not much of that happening in Portland. Carmelo I’d about the only name that comes to mind.

  10. #295
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,228
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I'd say the team starting 29 and 37 pre pandemic, followed by losing to a shorthanded Nuggets team in the first round "post" pandemic. I'm sure Nurk playing a combined total of 56 games since Dame signed his extension are all pretty big variables that would change anyone's mind.
    You’re making it sound like that WCF year was the norm, not the outlier. This is what the team is. Why what it ok in July of 2019 but not in July of 2021?

  11. #296
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Guys want to play with Lebron and ride coattails. Not much of that happening in Portland. Carmelo I’d about the only name that comes to mind.
    Blazers haven't given anyone a reason to want to go there. As you and many others have said, all they've did is build/rebuild around the fringe outside of the roster.

    Losing Aldridge, Batum, Lopez and Matthews in the same summer was the worst thing to happen to the Blazers.

  12. #297
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,228
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Does anyone here think the Lakers would rather LeBron demand a trade now to get assets back for him rather than keep him until the expiration of his contract?
    The funny thing is, the only reason Lebron is being brought up is because I said when he wants out, he leaves. He doesn’t sign an extension and then force a trade. Does a trade happen so his previous team gets something in return? Sure. But that’s not what we’re talking about. That’s an “after the decision” transaction add-on.

    So him *****ing about how Lebron leaves is irrelevant to how Lilliard signed his max and now wants out.

  13. #298
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,072
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Ummmm nah, bc Dame's extension hasn't even kicked in... The equivalent is at the end of THIS contract would people rather LeBron walk for nothing in free agency or sign an extension with the team then asked to be traded... To then receive 5 first round picks and 5 swaps.

    But hell yes, way to DOUBLE miss the point brother!
    Well we KNOW the Lakers would rather keep him and risk losing him for nothing than trade him prior to the end of his contract to get assets because his contract expires next year and they definitely aren’t trading him.

    I also think the Lakers would rather have been in their position than the Blazers the last few years (even if Bron walks at the end of this contract) and the Blazers get a haul for Lillard.

    I didn’t miss your point: it’s just really dumb. No team would rather Bron ask for a trade and trade him before his contract ends. They’d rather keep him to compete for titles and hope he re-signs with them…

  14. #299
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well we KNOW the Lakers would rather keep him and risk losing him for nothing than trade him prior to the end of his contract to get assets because his contract expires next year and they definitely aren’t trading him.

    I also think the Lakers would rather have been in their position than the Blazers the last few years (even if Bron walks at the end of this contract) and the Blazers get a haul for Lillard.

    I didn’t miss your point: it’s just really dumb. No team would rather Bron ask for a trade and trade him before his contract ends. They’d rather keep him to compete for titles and hope he re-signs with them…
    Post #261.

  15. #300
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,072
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Post #261.
    Post #266.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •