Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Shoot, I'd rather a guy sign a max then want out than deplet my franchise of all youth, draft picks, and cap space (having to sign his undeserving buddies to garbage contracts) just to dip in free agency. Of course the Cavs wanted some sorta assets, their cupboard was bare. LBJ has did that to the Cavs twice, the Heat, and the Lakers. If he for whatever reason ever left the Lakers, he would do the same thing at his next stop too.

It's not the same team at all from when Dame signed 2+ years ago. CJ, Nurk (on a non guaranteed expiring, who is publicly pissed at the franchise and can't stay healthy to save his life), and Simons are the only dudes still there. His head coach is gone. The new owner wants to sell the team because she doesn't care for sports.

Portland needs to shake it up, it's 4 first round exits in the past 5 years. This team isn't working. Yet they have zero draft picks and no cap space... The 2 easiest ways to improve a team.

Yeah, he signed off on Billups then was crucified by the fans... It isn't this dude's fault the fan base are ignorant, why spit hate at him?
    Like Valade said: they won titles. Iím sure theyíre fine.

And yes, of course itís not the same exact team but itís not way off, either. Theyíre always about who they are. With the exception of that one WCF year, theyíre not any better or any worse then theyíve been. Like War said in the other thread, Adams for Nurkic seems good. Then maybe they flip CJ for an upgrade at the PF position. Theyíre not dead yet like the Rockets basically were when Harden wanted out.

Billups has baggage. You might not care and Lilliard might not care but once the fans turn (and Portland is a pretty liberal place in case you didnít know), then thatís not good. To simply say that they are ignorant is obtuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Like Valade said: they won titles. Iím sure theyíre fine.

And yes, of course itís not the same exact team but itís not way off, either. Theyíre always about who they are. With the exception of that one WCF year, theyíre not any better or any worse then theyíve been. Like War said in the other thread, Adams for Nurkic seems good. Then maybe they flip CJ for an upgrade at the PF position. Theyíre not dead yet like the Rockets basically were when Harden wanted out.

Billups has baggage. You might not care and Lilliard might not care but once the fans turn (and Portland is a pretty liberal place in case you didnít know), then thatís not good. To simply say that they are ignorant is obtuse.
    What do you mean it's not way off? New coaching staff, new owner, and 13 new teammates... That is about as different as it gets from July 6th 2019 when Dame put ink to paper.

Ignorant was me being nice, those liberal fans are flat out idiots for dragging a man for something another man did 25 years ago... Dame was 6 years old when it happened, has not a darn thing to do with the franchise cornerstone.

He also said he would retire with each one of those franchises...
    Do you think any of those franchises regret getting LeBron?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Do you think any of those franchises regret getting LeBron?
    Nope, but in the realm of the conversation I think every single one would prefer he ask out after signing a max and end up with 5 first round picks and 5 picks swaps, versus him walking away in free agency for nothing.

[emoji1745]

Nope, but in the realm of the conversation I think every single one would prefer he ask out after signing a max and end up with 5 first round picks and 5 picks swaps, versus him walking away in free agency for nothing.

[emoji1745]
    I donít think they would because that would mean he would have left sooner, prior to the rings he got those franchises. As an example, Iím pretty sure LA would rather LeBron stay with LA until the end of his contract and possibly re-sign than him demand a trade right now and get assets back.

I donít think they would because that would mean he would have left sooner, prior to the rings he got those franchises. As an example, Iím pretty sure LA would rather LeBron stay with LA until the end of his contract and possibly re-sign than him demand a trade right now and get assets back.
    Is the current Blazers good enough to win a ring? If you believe Lillard thatís a no.

If not what moves can they do to win one? I imagine thatís why Lillard wanted to meet with the FO.

So what do you think should be the move?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really though, LeBron got a ring year 2 and 3 with the Heat, a ring year 2 with the Cavs second time around, and a ring year 2 with the Lakers.

Dame has been with the Blazers for 9 seasons, 5 of which have resulted in first round exits and never made a final appearance.

What do you mean it's not way off? New coaching staff, new owner, and 13 new teammates... That is about as different as it gets from July 6th 2019 when Dame put ink to paper.

Ignorant was me being nice, those liberal fans are flat out idiots for dragging a man for something another man did 25 years ago... Dame was 6 years old when it happened, has not a darn thing to do with the franchise cornerstone.
    The coaching staff just changed over and the team went with who Lilliard wanted. Paul Allen died in 2018. His Trust has ran the team since with his sister running the Trust. And the main guys have been there for at least these two years. CJ even signed his extension before Lilliard did. Who did they lose since then? Ariza, who didnít go to the bubble with them? Harkless? Herzonja? Rodney Hood? They gained Whiteside (who ended up busting), Carmelo, Covington, Kanter, Powell. Again, youíre making it sound like they traded CJ for peanuts and Nurkic for dimes. Those guys arenít catapulting any team to the promised land but itís nothing like Portland isnít trying. Without high picks of a desirable free agent destination and with two huge contracts eating up what room they do have, itís no wonder theyíre not getting to the next level.

And itís 2021. If you donít think a manís past would be factored in by one of the most liberal cities in America than I guess you havenít been paying attention to our country.

Not really though, LeBron got a ring year 2 and 3 with the Heat, a ring year 2 with the Cavs second time around, and a ring year 2 with the Lakers.

Dame has been with the Blazers for 9 seasons, 5 of which have resulted in first round exits and never made a final appearance.
    Lilliard is also not on Lebronís level.

Then Lilliard should have not re-signed with them instead of signing the extension. Which is what Iíve been saying. He wanted his money but now that that deal is inked, he wants to play for someone else if they canít get anyone better. But they canít get anyone better partly because he makes that much money and will only make more.

But Dame hasnít given the Blazers any rings. As a Blazer fan I can tell you Iíd rather have had LeBron for those few seasons leaving the way he did but a ring than the last 9 years of the Blazers.

Sounds like you just hate LeBron and are finding a way to criticize him to be honest. The second I hear Lakers, Cavs, or Heat fans complain about their ring with Bron Iíll listen to your complaints, but for now it seems like pissing into a very strong wind.

The coaching staff just changed over and the team went with who Lilliard wanted. Paul Allen died in 2018. His Trust has ran the team since with his sister running the Trust. And the main guys have been there for at least these two years. CJ even signed his extension before Lilliard did. Who did they lose since then? Ariza, who didnít go to the bubble with them? Harkless? Herzonja? Rodney Hood? They gained Whiteside (who ended up busting), Carmelo, Covington, Kanter, Powell. Again, youíre making it sound like they traded CJ for peanuts and Nurkic for dimes. Those guys arenít catapulting any team to the promised land but itís nothing like Portland isnít trying. Without high picks of a desirable free agent destination and with two huge contracts eating up what room they do have, itís no wonder theyíre not getting to the next level.

And itís 2021. If you donít think a manís past would be factored in by one of the most liberal cities in America than I guess you havenít been paying attention to our country.

Lilliard is also not on Lebronís level.

Then Lilliard should have not re-signed with them instead of signing the extension. Which is what Iíve been saying. He wanted his money but now that that deal is inked, he wants to play for someone else if they canít get anyone better. But they canít get anyone better partly because he makes that much money and will only make more.
    I was simply telling you the team changed, if you think the changes are insignificant, that's fine, but the team isn't the same as when he inked the extension.

Also, like you said, he wanted Kidd, then just said he was fine with them getting Billups, not like Dame went out and hand picked Billups.

They should trade both CJ and Nurk.

To your second quote, it's an excuse. The man just now is about to start a super max contract. And he should want to leave if they can't acquire 2 or 3 solid playes to go with Dame. That undersized back court hasn't worked since it started, time for a different experiment.

But Dame hasnít given the Blazers any rings. As a Blazer fan I can tell you Iíd rather have had LeBron for those few seasons leaving the way he did but a ring than the last 9 years of the Blazers.

Sounds like you just hate LeBron and are finding a way to criticize him to be honest. The second I hear Lakers, Cavs, or Heat fans complain about their ring with Bron Iíll listen to your complaints, but for now it seems like pissing into a very strong wind.
    That's what you took away from that? lol nice!

Dame is one guy, there are 16 other players on your team.

That's what you took away from that? lol nice!

Dame is one guy, there are 16 other players on your team.
    What else was I supposed to take away from 5 straight comments trying to critique LeBron for leaving via free agency?

And what do you mean by Dame is one guy and there are other players on the team. Iím aware. But what is the relevance?

I was simply telling you the team changed, if you think the changes are insignificant, that's fine, but the team isn't the same as when he inked the extension.
    Yeah, itís better from a player standpoint. The same from an ownership standpoint and he signed off on the new coach. Youíre making it sound like losing non-core guys should matter as much as anything else.

Also, like you said, he wanted Kidd, then just said he was fine with them getting Billups, not like Dame went out and hand picked Billups.
    He was on Lliardís list.

They should trade both CJ and Nurk.
    They shouldíve before Lilliard signed the extension. But he was apparently ok with them being his main running guys untilÖÖ.what changed?

To your second quote, it's an excuse. The man just now is about to start a super max contract. And he should want to leave if they can't acquire 2 or 3 solid playes to go with Dame. That undersized back court hasn't worked since it started, time for a different experiment.
    Again, if itís not working for your first contract, ok. Then your RFA contract? Ok. Then you want the money for your UFA contract? Get it. But after you sign that one, then you ***** and moan that you want out? Nothing got worse.

What else was I supposed to take away from 5 straight comments trying to critique LeBron for leaving via free agency?

And what do you mean by Dame is one guy and there are other players on the team. Iím aware. But what is the relevance?
    Seriously? The relevance is you saying Dame hasn't give the Blazers any rings...

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast