Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    That’s not what I asked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your question verbatim was... "Can someone tell be what Portland did wrong since loyal Dame signed his deal 1 year ago?"

Dame signed his current contract extension July 6th 2019...

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Your question verbatim was... "Can someone tell be what Portland did wrong since loyal Dame signed his deal 1 year ago?"

Dame signed his current contract extension July 6th 2019...
    If I type it again do you think that will help?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

If I type it again do you think that will help?

He didn't sign it last year so no LOLOLOLOL

He didn't sign it last year so no LOLOLOLOL
    Technicality

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Technicality

It's not though, he signed this extension 2+ years ago. A lot has happened since then [emoji1745]

You guys are being difficult just to be difficult. What Ewing means is, Lilliard signed his deal with basically the same team in place and now all of the sudden, they’re not good enough. They were good enough to sign a huge deal with but now he wants out? He hasn’t even started the new extended contract!

I wish these guys had some self respect for themselves and left to start the Bird Rights over if they don’t like their situations. LBJ got (figuratively) crucified for leaving Cleveland but at least he didn’t sign the big contract and then demand a trade; he started over contract salary wise. Lilliard wants out? Cancel the extension then and become a free agent.

Oh, that’d screw over the Blazers, who would have traded him at the deadline if they knew he was going to cry like this? I think a player with nine years of experience can sign a max with a new team starting at about $33.7 million. Lilliard’s first year with this extension is about $43.7 million. Simple: if Lilliard wants out, the Blazers should be able to trade him and Lilliard’s contract reverts down to the “sign with a new team” terms. You want out Lilliard? Give up almost $50 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    You guys are being difficult just to be difficult. What Ewing means is, Lilliard signed his deal with basically the same team in place and now all of the sudden, they’re not good enough. They were good enough to sign a huge deal with but now he wants out? He hasn’t even started the new extended contract!

I wish these guys had some self respect for themselves and left to start the Bird Rights over if they don’t like their situations. LBJ got (figuratively) crucified for leaving Cleveland but at least he didn’t sign the big contract and then demand a trade; he started over contract salary wise. Lilliard wants out? Cancel the extension then and become a free agent.

Oh, that’d screw over the Blazers, who would have traded him at the deadline if they knew he was going to cry like this? I think a player with nine years of experience can sign a max with a new team starting at about $33.7 million. Lilliard’s first year with this extension is about $43.7 million. Simple: if Lilliard wants out, the Blazers should be able to trade him and Lilliard’s contract reverts down to the “sign with a new team” terms. You want out Lilliard? Give up almost $50 million.
    No he didn't, he was sign and traded to the Heat; that's how he was able to sign for 6 years.

No he didn't, he was sign and traded to the Heat; that's how he was able to sign for 6 years.
    That was after he chose to leave and the Cavs wanted a bit back. They could’ve said **** it. You really think Lebron would’ve stayed if the Cavs said they weren’t down for a trade?

That was after he chose to leave and the Cavs wanted a bit back. They could’ve said **** it. You really think Lebron would’ve stayed if the Cavs said they weren’t down for a trade?
    You said LeBron restarted his salary, he didn't. He maintained his bird rights. Telling Dame to go out on the market to make less money makes no sense, given the instance.

But a lot in the world, the league, the franchise, and Dame's life have changed since signing the extension.

Dame publicly rebuffed the trade rumors, said he thinks he'll be a Blazer next season, and wants to win a title in the Blazer uniform. He just doesn't believe his team as currently constructed is good enough, and they're not. The 5 first round exits (4 in the last 5 years) plus 2 second round exits shows that.

He said he didn't think they're just 1 coach away from competing, and I agree. They have no draft picks and zero cap space, Dame isn't being unreasonable, even if he ultimately requests a trade.
    Last edited by NBA all the way; 07-20-2021 at 06:27 AM.

You said LeBron restarted his salary, he didn't. He maintained his bird rights. Telling Dame to go out on the market to make less money makes no sense, given the instance.

But a lot in the world, the league, the franchise, and Dame's life have changed since signing the extension.

Dame publicly rebuffed the trade rumors, said he thinks he'll be a Blazer next season, and wants to win a title in the Blazer uniform. He just doesn't believe his team as currently constructed is good enough, and they're not. The 5 first round exits (4 in the last 5 years) plus 2 second round exits shows that.

He said he didn't think they're just 1 coach away from competing, and I agree. They have no draft picks and zero cap space, Dame isn't being unreasonable, even if he ultimately requests a trade.
    The point with Lebron was, he left and it wasn’t up to him to keep up his Bird Rights. He even took a slight pay cut if I remember correctly (max contracts have shot up about two fold in the past ten years). If Cle didn’t want assets back, he still would’ve left. He didn’t sign a max with Cle and then want out before it took affect.

The point with Lilliard is, it’s the same team from when he signed the deal and he wasn’t complaining when he signed the extension. It’s not like he signed the extension two years ago and since then Portland traded all of their quality guys for future assets when Lilliard is in win now mode. If anything, they got better. He’s going to be taking up, what, 40% of the team salary? They’re already over the cap.

And the thing about the coach is, he signed off on Billups but Billups hasn’t been a HC yet. Not like he wanted a proven guy. Heck, he also allegedly wanted Kidd who has sucked as a HC.

The point with Lebron was, he left and it wasn’t up to him to keep up his Bird Rights. He even took a slight pay cut if I remember correctly (max contracts have shot up about two fold in the past ten years). If Cle didn’t want assets back, he still would’ve left. He didn’t sign a max with Cle and then want out before it took affect.

The point with Lilliard is, it’s the same team from when he signed the deal and he wasn’t complaining when he signed the extension. It’s not like he signed the extension two years ago and since then Portland traded all of their quality guys for future assets when Lilliard is in win now mode. If anything, they got better. He’s going to be taking up, what, 40% of the team salary? They’re already over the cap.

And the thing about the coach is, he signed off on Billups but Billups hasn’t been a HC yet. Not like he wanted a proven guy. Heck, he also allegedly wanted Kidd who has sucked as a HC.
    Shoot, I'd rather a guy sign a max then want out than deplet my franchise of all youth, draft picks, and cap space (having to sign his undeserving buddies to garbage contracts) just to dip in free agency. Of course the Cavs wanted some sorta assets, their cupboard was bare. LBJ has did that to the Cavs twice, the Heat, and the Lakers. If he for whatever reason ever left the Lakers, he would do the same thing at his next stop too.

It's not the same team at all from when Dame signed 2+ years ago. CJ, Nurk (on a non guaranteed expiring, who is publicly pissed at the franchise and can't stay healthy to save his life), and Simons are the only dudes still there. His head coach is gone. The new owner wants to sell the team because she doesn't care for sports.

Portland needs to shake it up, it's 4 first round exits in the past 5 years. This team isn't working. Yet they have zero draft picks and no cap space... The 2 easiest ways to improve a team.

Yeah, he signed off on Billups then was crucified by the fans... It isn't this dude's fault the fan base are ignorant, why spit hate at him?

Counterpoint:

We will never know this because of what happens behind closed doors but this could be about what didn’t change based on promises from him resigning.

Like what if they told him they planned on getting him a PF/C that could be his AD? And then in season they just failed to deliver?

What if they talked about having bench scoring and then moving Garry Harris made them not as great as anticipated?

What if the promised more defensive minded guys and RoCo was the only change?

I think a failure to make promises changes here can be just as valid as the “he signed knowing the team” argument.

Shoot, I'd rather a guy sign a max then want out than deplet my franchise of all youth, draft picks, and cap space (having to sign his undeserving buddies to garbage contracts) just to dip in free agency. Of course the Cavs wanted some sorta assets, their cupboard was bare. LBJ has did that to the Cavs twice, the Heat, and the Lakers. If he for whatever reason ever left the Lakers, he would do the same thing at his next stop too.

It's not the same team at all from when Dame signed 2+ years ago. CJ, Nurk (on a non guaranteed expiring, who is publicly pissed at the franchise and can't stay healthy to save his life), and Simons are the only dudes still there. His head coach is gone. The new owner wants to sell the team because she doesn't care for sports.

Portland needs to shake it up, it's 4 first round exits in the past 5 years. This team isn't working. Yet they have zero draft picks and no cap space... The 2 easiest ways to improve a team.

Yeah, he signed off on Billups then was crucified by the fans... It isn't this dude's fault the fan base are ignorant, why spit hate at him?
    He won a title for each of those franchises. Woe is them…

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    He won a title for each of those franchises. Woe is them…
    He also said he would retire with each one of those franchises...

I think it's well known now that these players can ask out whenever. Sometimes staying in one place is a decline of the league around you is making big money moves (see trade for Harden).

Why would the blazers care about his money? If anything, they're happy its at least hurting another teams cap number

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast