Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    [QUOTE=NBA all the way;33936329]What we thought about Harden too.[/QUOTE

Differ situation. Houston owner is an ***

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    But Portlandís owner isnít a prick who takes personal jabs over improving his team.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Guess I can put this rumor about Terry Stottsí time in Portland coming to an end unless they make a deep postseason run here:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...Tqx?li=BBnbfcL

No idea how legit this is.
    He is a good coach.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    He meant if Portland blows it up and resets their team. Knicks can throw together a pretty good rebuild offer
    I know; trading for Lillard would be a stupid, short-sighted move for the Knicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it comes down to it, I see the Blazers keeping Dame. However, CJ is another story. I think McCollum as your co-star, there is no way you are winning titles up in Portland with him and Dame playing together. Only way you win a title is if you sacrifice CJ but then who do you get in return to pair up with Lillard, Powell, Carmelo and Nurk?

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I know; trading for Lillard would be a stupid, short-sighted move for the Knicks.

I disagree with 5 first rounders in the next 3 years they can put together a formidable package without dismantling the core which is basically randle and barrett. They also have space so salary matching isnít a concern I believe?

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If it comes down to it, I see the Blazers keeping Dame. However, CJ is another story. I think McCollum as your co-star, there is no way you are winning titles up in Portland with him and Dame playing together. Only way you win a title is if you sacrifice CJ but then who do you get in return to pair up with Lillard, Powell, Carmelo and Nurk?
    I've long argued for trading McCollum to get a better forward. Now is the time, with all the years left on his contract. Then take the moeny you save on McCollum and re-sign Powell, who provides a similar level of offense and shooting, gets to the line more and plays better defense.
    I'm almost willing to take a risk on a guy like Hayward, who should be available with how well Miles Bridges has filled in. If the Clippers fall apart, I might also make a run at George, although I wouldn't trust him for a second to stay in Portland. Then again, I don't trust many players to stay in Portland, which is part of the appeal of Lillard and McCollum.

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    I disagree with 5 first rounders in the next 3 years they can put together a formidable package without dismantling the core which is basically randle and barrett. They also have space so salary matching isnít a concern I believe?
    I don't see a realistic way for the Knicks to get Lillard without trading Barrett. Those picks will all suck if the Knicks are getting into the playoffs every year. It'd take Toppin, Knox, Robinson and all of those picks to get it done. And then New York won't have any depth or a real rim protector.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I don't see a realistic way for the Knicks to get Lillard without trading Barrett. Those picks will all suck if the Knicks are getting into the playoffs every year. It'd take Toppin, Knox, Robinson and all of those picks to get it done. And then New York won't have any depth or a real rim protector.
    So without other additions
    Noel/?/gibson
    Randle/?/?
    Barrett/burks
    Bullock/quickley
    Lillard/rose/viladoza

Obviously have to fill out the bench but that could make some noise in the East. Noel is a fine rim protector

But you are probably right barrett would be required. Probably can look at the pg 13 deal as a basic frame work

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Barrett is 20, a workaholic, and rapidly improving. Simmons looks like he has peaked
    peaked simmons might still be better than whatever barrett might become sorry. You got a 16/8/8 pg who likely wins dpoy... I hate that he doesnt shoot more but lets not be dumb now. Just because barrett might score a few more points doesnt mean it will help the team which is a wait and see... there is no chance he will be a better player over simmons anytime soon because defense matters, Ben simmons on the knicks would be a much scarier team then barrett on the knicks sorry... also ben has literally locked his *** down and made him his ***** daily.

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post

you think the sixers cant beat that with simmons/thyb/maxey and all of their firsts just to put him with joel? we also have a ton of 2nds etc along with shake milton and our gleague player of the year. He isnt going anywhere my dude... the blazers will trade CJ first period

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    lol why did you mention Melo? No matter how you slice it the dude is a net negative out there.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    you think the sixers cant beat that with simmons/thyb/maxey and all of their firsts just to put him with joel? we also have a ton of 2nds etc along with shake milton and our gleague player of the year. He isnt going anywhere my dude... the blazers will trade CJ first period
    If the 76ers are willing to give that much up for Lillard, then hallelujah. But I don't think it would take those three guys and all the firsts. If the Blazers can get Simmons, either Thybulle or Milton and two first rounders for Lillard, they should count themselves lucky. Lillard is a one-way scoring guard on the wrong side of 30 making nearly $40 million a season.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Sure they could but Iím not sure Philly would do that.

Simmons + Thybulle + Milton + 1st and NYK 2nd for Dame and !st

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast