Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 400
  1. #301
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,249
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Blazers haven't given anyone a reason to want to go there. As you and many others have said, all they've did is build/rebuild around the fringe outside of the roster.

    Losing Aldridge, Batum, Lopez and Matthews in the same summer was the worst thing to happen to the Blazers.
    And thatís the ****ing point, dude. All of that happened pre-extension. Lilliard signed his extension knowing this was who they are; With no cap space and no one wanting to go there partly because Portland isnít Miami or LA and partly because Lilliard isnít Lebron on Curry or KD.

    Lilliard knew it would be hard to win but he took the money anyway. And then a few new guys came in, he got one of his coaching wants AND you can make an argument that if Allenís sister sells the team it might be a blessing. (Whoís buying teams these days? Competitive Billionaires that have too much money to know what to do withÖ..although that didnít help PA seal a winner). Maybe Billups and Olshey switch things up and make some moves but I just donít think it matters. Lilliard wants to play with the KDs, ADs, and Currys, not the McCollums, LaVines, and Haywards.

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    And thatís the ****ing point, dude. All of that happened pre-extension. Lilliard signed his extension knowing this was who they are; With no cap space and no one wanting to go there partly because Portland isnít Miami or LA and partly because Lilliard isnít Lebron on Curry or KD.

    Lilliard knew it would be hard to win but he took the money anyway. And then a few new guys came in, he got one of his coaching wants AND you can make an argument that if Allenís sister sells the team it might be a blessing. (Whoís buying teams these days? Competitive Billionaires that have too much money to know what to do withÖ..although that didnít help PA seal a winner). Maybe Billups and Olshey switch things up and make some moves but I just donít think it matters. Lilliard wants to play with the KDs, ADs, and Currys, not the McCollums, LaVines, and Haywards.
    Agree to disagree, we've talked this circle 5 times now.

    Hopefully they get him help this summer or trade him away for some assets.

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    66,669
    Thereís a report that the Kings tried to call and offer Hield, Bagley, Haliburton, 9, and 3 protected picks for Lillard.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,150
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Thereís a report that the Kings tried to call and offer Hield, Bagley, Haliburton, 9, and 3 protected picks for Lillard.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wonder if Portland goes for that? If Lillard ends up in Sacramento with De Aaron Fox, who joins them in Sacramento though?

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    66,669
    Rumor is Portland is gonna shop CJ and prefers a player package over a pick based package.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,150
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Rumor is Portland is gonna shop CJ and prefers a player package over a pick based package.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    The only 3 teams that could realistically trade for CJ McCollum are the Mavericks, 76ers and Celtics

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Rumor is Portland is gonna shop CJ and prefers a player package over a pick based package.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If they won't move Dame, bout the only other choice they have.

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,292
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Rumor is Portland is gonna shop CJ and prefers a player package over a pick based package.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tobi for CJ?

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    48,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Tobi for CJ?
    Thats actually very intriguing.
    Random Highlight of the Month: * RARE - Zo DUNKS on Shaq *

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Thats actually very intriguing.
    When I first saw all the Simmons for CJ trades I said Iíd rather Portland trade CJ for Harris.

    Dame , Powell, RoCo, Harris, Nurk.

    Pretty much the same talent wise but we get rid of our undersized backcourt.

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,249
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    When I first saw all the Simmons for CJ trades I said Iíd rather Portland trade CJ for Harris.

    Dame , Powell, RoCo, Harris, Nurk.

    Pretty much the same talent wise but we get rid of our undersized backcourt.
    Powell opted out, didnít he? Is he staying?

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Powell opted out, didnít he? Is he staying?
    He opted out because it was only for $11 mil, but the Blazers plan to re-sign him (assuming he doesnít want to go anywhere else).

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,249
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    He opted out because it was only for $11 mil, but the Blazers plan to re-sign him (assuming he doesnít want to go anywhere else).
    So since he opted out, heíll still have his Bird Rights with Portland (from what Iíve gathered). Theyíre over the cap so they can basically give him whatever he wants (or sign and trade him elsewhere). Thatís going to be a hefty tax bill if theyíre not careful.

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,292
    Portland will make Powell a priority especially if they move CJ.

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    So since he opted out, heíll still have his Bird Rights with Portland (from what Iíve gathered). Theyíre over the cap so they can basically give him whatever he wants (or sign and trade him elsewhere). Thatís going to be a hefty tax bill if theyíre not careful.
    It will be but they pretty much have to go into the tax to appease Dame. They canít start penny pinching and claim they are trying to build a contender at all costs.

    They definitely plan to re-sign him, theyíd have never traded Gary Trent Jr if they had planned to let Powell leave.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •