Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Blazers haven't given anyone a reason to want to go there. As you and many others have said, all they've did is build/rebuild around the fringe outside of the roster.

Losing Aldridge, Batum, Lopez and Matthews in the same summer was the worst thing to happen to the Blazers.
    And thatís the ****ing point, dude. All of that happened pre-extension. Lilliard signed his extension knowing this was who they are; With no cap space and no one wanting to go there partly because Portland isnít Miami or LA and partly because Lilliard isnít Lebron on Curry or KD.

Lilliard knew it would be hard to win but he took the money anyway. And then a few new guys came in, he got one of his coaching wants AND you can make an argument that if Allenís sister sells the team it might be a blessing. (Whoís buying teams these days? Competitive Billionaires that have too much money to know what to do withÖ..although that didnít help PA seal a winner). Maybe Billups and Olshey switch things up and make some moves but I just donít think it matters. Lilliard wants to play with the KDs, ADs, and Currys, not the McCollums, LaVines, and Haywards.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    And thatís the ****ing point, dude. All of that happened pre-extension. Lilliard signed his extension knowing this was who they are; With no cap space and no one wanting to go there partly because Portland isnít Miami or LA and partly because Lilliard isnít Lebron on Curry or KD.

Lilliard knew it would be hard to win but he took the money anyway. And then a few new guys came in, he got one of his coaching wants AND you can make an argument that if Allenís sister sells the team it might be a blessing. (Whoís buying teams these days? Competitive Billionaires that have too much money to know what to do withÖ..although that didnít help PA seal a winner). Maybe Billups and Olshey switch things up and make some moves but I just donít think it matters. Lilliard wants to play with the KDs, ADs, and Currys, not the McCollums, LaVines, and Haywards.
    Agree to disagree, we've talked this circle 5 times now.

Hopefully they get him help this summer or trade him away for some assets.

Thereís a report that the Kings tried to call and offer Hield, Bagley, Haliburton, 9, and 3 protected picks for Lillard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Thereís a report that the Kings tried to call and offer Hield, Bagley, Haliburton, 9, and 3 protected picks for Lillard.

I wonder if Portland goes for that? If Lillard ends up in Sacramento with De Aaron Fox, who joins them in Sacramento though?

Rumor is Portland is gonna shop CJ and prefers a player package over a pick based package.

Rumor is Portland is gonna shop CJ and prefers a player package over a pick based package.

The only 3 teams that could realistically trade for CJ McCollum are the Mavericks, 76ers and Celtics

If they won't move Dame, bout the only other choice they have.

Tobi for CJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Tobi for CJ?
    Thats actually very intriguing.
    Random Highlight of the Month: * RARE - Zo DUNKS on Shaq *

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Thats actually very intriguing.
    When I first saw all the Simmons for CJ trades I said Iíd rather Portland trade CJ for Harris.

Dame , Powell, RoCo, Harris, Nurk.

Pretty much the same talent wise but we get rid of our undersized backcourt.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    When I first saw all the Simmons for CJ trades I said Iíd rather Portland trade CJ for Harris.

Dame , Powell, RoCo, Harris, Nurk.

Pretty much the same talent wise but we get rid of our undersized backcourt.
    Powell opted out, didnít he? Is he staying?

Powell opted out, didnít he? Is he staying?
    He opted out because it was only for $11 mil, but the Blazers plan to re-sign him (assuming he doesnít want to go anywhere else).

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    He opted out because it was only for $11 mil, but the Blazers plan to re-sign him (assuming he doesnít want to go anywhere else).
    So since he opted out, heíll still have his Bird Rights with Portland (from what Iíve gathered). Theyíre over the cap so they can basically give him whatever he wants (or sign and trade him elsewhere). Thatís going to be a hefty tax bill if theyíre not careful.

Portland will make Powell a priority especially if they move CJ.

So since he opted out, heíll still have his Bird Rights with Portland (from what Iíve gathered). Theyíre over the cap so they can basically give him whatever he wants (or sign and trade him elsewhere). Thatís going to be a hefty tax bill if theyíre not careful.
    It will be but they pretty much have to go into the tax to appease Dame. They canít start penny pinching and claim they are trying to build a contender at all costs.

They definitely plan to re-sign him, theyíd have never traded Gary Trent Jr if they had planned to let Powell leave.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast