Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    That's just it though... There is a clear double-standard. They expect cops to be perfect and when they aren't, race is automatically the go-to motive for the police officer's mistake. This is a PERFECT example of that.
    Is LeBron James' preferred pronoun they?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

That's just it though... There is a clear double-standard. They expect cops to be perfect and when they aren't, race is automatically the go-to motive for the police officer's mistake. This is a PERFECT example of that.
    I don't agree with "if you are trying to stab someone you don't deserve to live tidbit," and quite honestly that's one of the large problems with how people view policing.

You had so many people try to justify what Chauvin did because George Floyd had some substances in his body.

If someone is schizophrenic and having a metal episode, would they not deserve to live?
    If someone was in danger and being attacked by multiple people, would they not deserve to live?

Things are not always as black and white as they seem...and the reason people so quickly jump to race is because there are YEARS and YEARS of systematic racism. Did this case have anything to do with race? Does not seem like it at all, but precedent has already been set for people of color to EXPECT issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    I don't agree with "if you are trying to stab someone you don't deserve to live tidbit," and quite honestly that's one of the large problems with how people view policing.

You had so many people try to justify what Chauvin did because George Floyd had some substances in his body.

If someone is schizophrenic and having a metal episode, would they not deserve to live?
    If someone was in danger and being attacked by multiple people, would they not deserve to live?

Things are not always as black and white as they seem...and the reason people so quickly jump to race is because there are YEARS and YEARS of systematic racism. Did this case have anything to do with race? Does not seem like it at all, but precedent has already been set for people of color to EXPECT issues.
    I agree that it's moot to bring up Floyd's drug use or the fact he held a gun to a pregnant woman's stomach... Floyd was a piece of trash, but that has nothing to do with how police aren't properly trained all over the US, nor does it have anything to do with the murderer Derek Chauvin kneeling on his neck for damn near 9 minutes.

There is NO excuse for quickly jumping to race as the motivating factor, just as there is no excuse for kneeling on someone's neck for 9 minutes when the guy is pinned down and was already complaining he couldn't breathe prior to being restrained. There is no excuse for a pedophile molesting children, even if that pedophile was himself molested as a child which is often the case.

We can make sense of why people do stupid and disgusting things, but there isn't an excuse. I 100% understand why there is a culture that blames everything on race, but it doesn't excuse it one bit.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

I agree that it's moot to bring up Floyd's drug use or the fact he held a gun to a pregnant woman's stomach... Floyd was a piece of trash, but that has nothing to do with how police aren't properly trained all over the US, nor does it have anything to do with the murderer Derek Chauvin kneeling on his neck for damn near 9 minutes.

There is NO excuse for quickly jumping to race as the motivating factor, just as there is no excuse for kneeling on someone's neck for 9 minutes when the guy is pinned down and was already complaining he couldn't breathe prior to being restrained. There is no excuse for a pedophile molesting children, even if that pedophile was himself molested as a child which is often the case.

We can make sense of why people do stupid and disgusting things, but there isn't an excuse. I 100% understand why there is a culture that blames everything on race, but it doesn't excuse it one bit.
    You see how you compared killing someone else to a tweet about race jumping to conclusions right? What Lebron did is comparable to what news networks and other media do on a daily basis. It's the approach Westbrook36 noted in looking for any reason to attack someone like bringing up Floyds history such as how you did with the gun/pregnant woman. Lebron made a dumb comment that you likely see on Fox/CNN, some forum, twitter etc. and while there isn't much of an excuse it is far far far away from killing someone/pedophilia that you are using in comparison to it.

We are a culture with extreme racial issues that are far from solved at this time, racism has been prevalent throughout our history. When you have a culture based on systematic racism and you see the numbers in the justice system and videos of black people being attacked or killed by cops while defenseless etc. there is likely to be push back. I think this stuff is the real issue that needs to be addressed and some of the over the top reactions while not good are far from this real issue.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I usually don't take sports figures, movie stars or directors, or celebrities seriously anyway. Talking about a sheltered life especially if you are mega-rich.

And no, All top players get cut a lot of slack because of their drawing power.

And no, the cop who saved that young girl from being knifed isn't being called out like the other cops. People are calling it a tragedy, not a murder. That is why dumbarse LeBron took his tweet down. Just like republicans have knee jerk reactions, so do the left.
    you must have missed the news in the days after this was in the media.

LeBron said exactly why he took the tweet down.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...-tweet-police/
    LeBron James says his deleted tweet about police shooting was ‘being used to create more hate’
    “ANGER does any [sic] of us any good and that includes myself! Gathering all the facts and educating does though!” James, an Akron, Ohio, native, wrote in two tweets. “My anger still is here for what happened that lil girl. My sympathy for her family and may justice prevail!

“I’m so damn tired of seeing Black people killed by police. I took the tweet down because its being used to create more hate. This isn’t about one officer. it’s about the entire system and they always use our words to create more racism. I am so desperate for more ACCOUNTABILITY.”
    this "lil girl" was not a victim, was not something related to race or racism.

LeBron's tweet was the hate, accountability for what? this police officer did his job and saved a girl's life.

even if YOU did not see this, thousands of people did, and these are the type of people that are influenced and sometimes radicalized by what these high profile celebrities spread.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    You see how you compared killing someone else to a tweet about race jumping to conclusions right? What Lebron did is comparable to what news networks and other media do on a daily basis. It's the approach Westbrook36 noted in looking for any reason to attack someone like bringing up Floyds history such as how you did with the gun/pregnant woman. Lebron made a dumb comment that you likely see on Fox/CNN, some forum, twitter etc. and while there isn't much of an excuse it is far far far away from killing someone/pedophilia that you are using in comparison to it.

We are a culture with extreme racial issues that are far from solved at this time, racism has been prevalent throughout our history. When you have a culture based on systematic racism and you see the numbers in the justice system and videos of black people being attacked or killed by cops while defenseless etc. there is likely to be push back. I think this stuff is the real issue that needs to be addressed and some of the over the top reactions while not good are far from this real issue.
    I'm not comparing the acts, but rather, the reasoning for why the person did x, y, or z. The reasoning doesn't excuse them, regardless of how severe their action was. This is a terrible attempt at deflecting the point I'm making that just because Chauvin murdered Floyd, doesn't give him the liberty to assume the cop is automatically guilty of murdering another Black person especially when he didn't know the facts.

I also didn't mean to bring up the gun to a pregnant woman's stomach to exonerate Chauvin. I said it's moot. Reread what I said before responding please. Floyd was a piece of s--t for what he did, but it is 100% irrelevant to his murder.
    Last edited by Redrum187; 05-03-2021 at 01:01 PM.

San Antonio Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    you must have missed the news in the days after this was in the media.

LeBron said exactly why he took the tweet down.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...-tweet-police/

this "lil girl" was not a victim, was not something related to race or racism.

LeBron's tweet was the hate, accountability for what? this police officer did his job and saved a girl's life.

even if YOU did not see this, thousands of people did, and these are the type of people that are influenced and sometimes radicalized by what these high profile celebrities spread.
    Apparently only people who voted for Trump can be radicalized. I've even heard some idiots lump Antifa with the right wing.

San Antonio Spurs

I'm not comparing the acts, but rather, the reasoning for why the person did x, y, or z. The reasoning doesn't excuse them, regardless of how severe their action was. This is a terrible attempt at deflecting the point I'm making that just because Chauvin murdered Floyd, doesn't give him the liberty to assume the cop is automatically guilty of murdering another Black person especially when he didn't know the facts.

I also didn't mean to bring up the gun to a pregnant woman's stomach to exonerate Chauvin. I said it's moot. Reread what I said before responding please. Floyd was a piece of s--t for what he did, but it is 100% irrelevant to his murder.
    I never said it does mean he is automatically and given your main point the examples seemed very very different to the point of almost being irrelevant comparisons (I can see why people have a much bigger issue/speak out with someone kneeling and murdering someone than someone sending a tweet they shouldn't have). I am not excusing or deflecting I am just noting that in the entirety of this discussion what Lebron did was very very minimal and the anger should be more at the system/those killing others.

The issue is that race is such a big factor in our culture that it will almost always be brought up. Whether it be to attack Lebron in this manner or cops in the other. In the other thread Special is ranting about BLM acting like every other organization around and no one has any idea why. Our culture is the reason race is a focal point and it is related to the systematic racism/killing by police etc. that we often discuss/see. Sure we don't always know the facts but that just means people will interpret it differently with some seeing racism and others not but we often very rarely will find out the true intent. The real issue as I have been noting is society/systematic racism and until that is fixed race will continue to be more of a hot topic as people will not just sit back and watch these cops murder people etc. and with our justice systems response/rhetoric/actions often time aimed back it is part of a culture war at this point. I am noting how this is what happens as a response to our actual issues and frustration from those feeling attacked constantly is bound to go over the top at times.

I think you need to just acknowledge someone else's response instead of being so defensive. My points still stand and you "not meaning" to do whatever doesn't take away from the fact you did it. Maybe Lebron didn't mean to X and that is why he deleted the tweet but it still happened regardless of the intention.

I never said it does mean he is automatically and given your main point the examples seemed very very different to the point of almost being irrelevant comparisons (I can see why people have a much bigger issue/speak out with someone kneeling and murdering someone than someone sending a tweet they shouldn't have). I am not excusing or deflecting I am just noting that in the entirety of this discussion what Lebron did was very very minimal and the anger should be more at the system/those killing others.

The issue is that race is such a big factor in our culture that it will almost always be brought up. Whether it be to attack Lebron in this manner or cops in the other. In the other thread Special is ranting about BLM acting like every other organization around and no one has any idea why. Our culture is the reason race is a focal point and it is related to the systematic racism/killing by police etc. that we often discuss/see. Sure we don't always know the facts but that just means people will interpret it differently with some seeing racism and others not but we often very rarely will find out the true intent. The real issue as I have been noting is society/systematic racism and until that is fixed race will continue to be more of a hot topic as people will not just sit back and watch these cops murder people etc. and with our justice systems response/rhetoric/actions often time aimed back it is part of a culture war at this point. I am noting how this is what happens as a response to our actual issues and frustration from those feeling attacked constantly is bound to go over the top at times.

I think you need to just acknowledge someone else's response instead of being so defensive. My points still stand and you "not meaning" to do whatever doesn't take away from the fact you did it. Maybe Lebron didn't mean to X and that is why he deleted the tweet but it still happened regardless of the intention.
    We can agree to disagree if what LeBron did was "minimal". I think it is extremely inflammatory to the real racism and social inequalities that presently exist and mischaracterizes the state in which cops kill Black people unjustifiably. I guess because he's just a basketball player, he doesn't influence anyone by what he says... he isn't seem as any type of leader =/. I agree he SHOULDN'T be a social justice leader because he only argues for one group of people's social justice and ignores others, but he nevertheless is a symbol of social justice to many passionate people who seem to think cops are shooting Black people left and right for no reason.

I will be defensive when a cop unnecessarily kills man (Floyd). I don't care if Floyd was a piece of trash, the cop deserved to get punished for what he did. I will also be defensive when people paint a picture in broad strokes about cops and assume guilt without even knowing the facts.

Just as the good cops NEED to call out the bad cops, people who truly are fighting for social justice need to call out people who show a clear bias on an extreme level towards cops.

San Antonio Spurs

We can agree to disagree if what LeBron did was "minimal". I think it is extremely inflammatory to the real racism and social inequalities that presently exist and mischaracterizes the state in which cops kill Black people unjustifiably. I guess because he's just a basketball player, he doesn't influence anyone by what he says... he isn't seem as any type of leader =/. I agree he SHOULDN'T be a social justice leader because he only argues for one group of people's social justice and ignores others, but he nevertheless is a symbol of social justice to many passionate people who seem to think cops are shooting Black people left and right for no reason.

I will be defensive when a cop unnecessarily kills man (Floyd). I don't care if Floyd was a piece of trash, the cop deserved to get punished for what he did. I will also be defensive when people paint a picture in broad strokes about cops and assume guilt without even knowing the facts.

Just as the good cops NEED to call out the bad cops, people who truly are fighting for social justice need to call out people who show a clear bias on an extreme level towards cops.
    He is a popular sports player he has the same responsibility as all other famous people with major platforms which is not much. In fact we just had an actual potus doing far far more damage to our society with his constant outburst, the highest official in the country often went more extreme than Lebron as an athlete. I wonder why it is the same news outlets supporting one are now attacking Lebron. Media plays a big part in these narratives and the attention, Lebron actually deleted the tweet and gave an explanation for it.

I think we need to be far more outrage about the actual killings and over the top policing. The systematic racism. Once we actually care and take steps to solve these issues there is going to be less of a response back.

I do agree what Lebron said was wrong. He also deleted it. There is still outrage and threads and special is demanding I answer about him (I said it was wrong previously in that discussion as did others so no one is denying that). I just wonder where this effort/outrage is topic to topic when the system/racism/police killings come up from the same people so focused on minor things like an athletes deleted tweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess when you are hip, and in the know, you get to call him "Bron."

Yeah, I guess you should stick to calling him "boy" or some sort of derogative nickname.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I think that is the pot you're smoking, son.
    Drug/alcohol free...gym rat

I bet the Black girl that was saved by the cop is grateful they don't have to find out...
    But the girl who actually called the cops, lost her life because she called the cops. So...

Only Redrum would compare murder to a wrong assumption. What your saying is wrongly accusing a cop is as bad as killing a black man. That line of thinking only comes from someone with a higher level of expected privilege. This is the kind of language that just disgusts me and shows how little he thinks of equality between black and white people.

Again...black death is comparable to white disrespect to this guy. What an embarrassment

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast