Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 475
  1. #316
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,855
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    I don't know about you but if my favorite restaurant is filled with people yelling and screaming, even though it isn't illegal or violent, I'm not eating there. The let the market do their thing only applies if all things are equal.
    All things are equal. People are free to organize and boycott or call any company they wish and let them know how they feel. Itís the businesses choice to listen or not.

  2. #317
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,826
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    When you say stay out of politics do you mean completely or do you mean like McConnellís still give money but shut up philosophy? Because I think if an entity spends as much money on politics as these businesses do, they have the right to comment.

    But thatís besides the point, because these companies arenít speaking up about politics because they are true believers. They are speaking up because itís good business. Theyíve calculated itís better to be on the side of progress than the side of outdated bigotry.

    In essence, them speaking out is them reading the free market.
    Businesses shouldn't even be allowed to lobby the government with huge donations. That's definitely a no from me.

    As for it being good business, I don't think it really is. Sure, it might work for Nike and Home Depot but it might not work for the small businesses who by far, make up the highest amount of people employed when you add up employment altogether. It's just a toxic environment being created.

  3. #318
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    13,293
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I just showed you dozens of Native American organizations that had a problem with it. Why do you keep ignoring them?
    There were conflicting surveys that were made public every couple of years. One would come out saying 90% of native americans have no problem with the name, then 2 years later one would come out saying 90% of native american wanted the name to change, and that repeated itself for it felt like 25/30 years.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2021 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  4. #319
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,826
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    All things are equal. People are free to organize and boycott or call any company they wish and let them know how they feel. Itís the businesses choice to listen or not.
    That has nothing to do with a restaurant being victimized by people harassing them which in turn, loses customers.

  5. #320
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,855
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Bingo, I have plenty of friends and acquaintances Myself included that when the announced the official name change was out on the team as a fan (fanatic). I supported them, and pulled for them however didnt invest in new gear, take 3 hours out of my Sunday to make sure I watched them ect. When they released Haskins I got back on because it seems as this front office actual has a backbone compared to other front offices that seemed to be yes-men to Snyder.

    Go look in the Washington Football Team forum... I mean theres no posts. It was somewhat active with about 20 fans, but now its dead... and has been since the name change. I'm the only one posting as a Football Team fan in any of the NFCE threads.
    There used to be dozens posting in the 49er forum too and now itís almost dead. That has nothing to do with the name change.

  6. #321
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    13,293
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    There used to be dozens posting in the 49er forum too and now itís almost dead. That has nothing to do with the name change.
    Na it does, because it was discussed among us.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2021 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  7. #322
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,855
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    That has nothing to do with a restaurant being victimized by people harassing them which in turn, loses customers.
    Well the difference is no one is being victimized in real life. Nobody went into the Washington offices and yelled at Snyder to change their name.

    Or are you saying any attempt to contact a business and let them know how you feel is victimization?

  8. #323
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,855
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Na it does, because it was discussed among us.
    If someone stopped being a fan of the team because they dropped the name Redskins, the NFL and Washington are well rid of them.

    Also, the Washington Football Team still increased in value after the name change, so theyíre probably fine with their decision.

  9. #324
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,059
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    And if youíre so upset with the name change, do what those white liberals did and petition and write Snyder letting him know how much it meant to you to call them the Redskins, see if heíll change it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I just showed you dozens of Native American organizations that had a problem with it. Why do you keep ignoring them?
    Native american organizations are not "fans" of the Redskins team. Furthermore, its in their companies interest to have an issue with it. For instance, i work for a substance abuse recovery center. It's in my companies best interest for drugs to stay illegal. It's my personal belief that all drugs should be legal.

  10. #325
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    That is not the market working. The market is organic. If i stand outside a mom and pop store and say im going to shoot anyone who goes in, sales will go down. Is this the market working?

    The idea that some people had an issue with a product name therefore contacted sponsors of said product and threatened boycotts is not the market working. Its literally the same thing as high jacking a customer base.
    If people are listening to those wanting to boycott, that isnt the market working?

    It's up to the consumer to listen or ignore those people making complaints. If people are listening, then that's how the market is responding.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  11. #326
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Bingo, I have plenty of friends and acquaintances Myself included that when the announced the official name change was out on the team as a fan (fanatic). I supported them, and pulled for them however didnt invest in new gear, take 3 hours out of my Sunday to make sure I watched them ect. When they released Haskins I got back on because it seems as this front office actual has a backbone compared to other front offices that seemed to be yes-men to Snyder.

    Go look in the Washington Football Team forum... I mean theres no posts. It was somewhat active with about 20 fans, but now its dead... and has been since the name change. I'm the only one posting as a Football Team fan in any of the NFCE threads.
    lmao, so fans left because they changed their name? Guess the team was willing to lose those fans. Capitalism.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  12. #327
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,855
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Native american organizations are not "fans" of the Redskins team. Furthermore, its in their companies interest to have an issue with it. For instance, i work for a substance abuse recovery center. It's in my companies best interest for drugs to stay illegal. It's my personal belief that all drugs should be legal.
    Yes it is in Native Americans interests not to have racist team names and caricatures of them...

    Fans arenít the only ones who can have a say on a product. Brand perception is huge in marketing because it determines value and future growth potential.

  13. #328
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,059
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Ya so consumers get a say and if a lot of consumers are speaking up that's part of the market. It all depends on the bottom line and if you think something is going to hurt that you will make changes. If the product makes the consumer feel bad it is less likely that product sells than something similar making them feel good, no?

    Chick-fil-A has gotten backlash they just decided it wasn't enough to make changes because they also still sell plenty. That's up to each company. You just seem to have an issue when the company is responding to what you consider a specific group of people as "mostly white liberals". Otherwise nothing here is different than how the market normally works
    Consumers get a say by not purchasing a product. That dont get a say in the CEOs personal and political. There's no evidence that the redskins lost revenue do to their name being what it was.

  14. #329
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    13,293
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If someone stopped being a fan of the team because they dropped the name Redskins, the NFL and Washington are well rid of them.

    Also, the Washington Football Team still increased in value after the name change, so theyíre probably fine with their decision.
    Well you have to understand where us as fans were coming from... The team has been nothing but a clusterfluff since Snyder took over the team and all we had was our history to dwell on. Now in essence the history was still there, but it cant really be talked about.

    Like I if I were to wear my Darrell Green Jersey in public would I be considered a racist since it has the old team name on it?
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2021 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  15. #330
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,059
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    If people are listening to those wanting to boycott, that isnt the market working?

    It's up to the consumer to listen or ignore those people making complaints. If people are listening, then that's how the market is responding.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    So if i threaten to shoot anyone who goes into a store and people listen is this the market working? Its only a threat after all. Its up to the people to listen or not.

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •