Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 475
  1. #301
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,826
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Do you see how you start going into what COULD have happened? Not what did or not what Lebron did in deleting it quickly, you are focused on what if some people went to the most extremes?

    Trump's rhetoric and approach for months lead to people actually dying yet you are going over the top to avoid putting any responsibility on him lol. This is a reality of what happened and you are mad at Lebron for what if's over much much much less. It's insanity/ridiculous and clearly extreme double standards towards one of the two.

    If people want to ignore that a black person was just killed by a cop and Lebron likely posted that emotionally calling for more accountability in response etc. they can do that. The moment anyone took it as anything more would have been on those individuals in the same way if you want to play that dumb game to defend Trump just use the exact same logic towards Lebron. The issue is some are actively defending Trump while portrying Lebron in the way you have (obviously yourself included now) and that hypocrisy deserves to be pointed out and noted. This whole thing is very obviously part of the Cult's game and Fox News is focused on brainwashing their viewers over it etc. but the reality is this is very minor in comparison.
    I'm mad at LeBron for not researching when he fully had the ability to do so. If that upsets you, we're done here. Enjoy your day. Please don't respond to me pushing this dead discussion forward. You as a mod should at least respect that considering I cannot ignore you.

  2. #302
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,973
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    I'm mad at LeBron for not researching when he fully had the ability to do so. If that upsets you, we're done here. Enjoy your day. Please don't respond to me pushing this dead discussion forward. You as a mod should at least respect that considering I cannot ignore you.
    That doesn't upset me at all lol. I was just noting the extreme double standards/hypocrisy some of you take on issues like this.

    We don't need to continue the discussion but I would ask moving forward if you want to engage me like here and the other thread on BLM you not run away/tell me to stop when your points are countered with logic. I would much prefer conversations where people can have back and forths and discuss the topic so if you can't then it's likely best if you just don't engage in the first place instead of doing this over and over. Thanks.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 05-10-2021 at 04:32 PM.

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,826
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    That doesn't upset me at all lol. I was just noting the extreme double standards/hypocrisy some of you take on issues like this.

    We don't need to continue the discussion but I would ask moving forward if you want to engage me like here and the other thread on BLM you not run away/demand I stop when your points are countered with logic. Thanks.
    There is no double standard because your analogy regarding Trump here is horrible.

    Trust me, I ain't running away from you. Send me your phone # and we can have a discussion. I just don't care to waste effort typing out responses to someone who regurgitates the same response every reply. 'Countered with logic'. Don't flatter yourself. I've dealt with kids who have generated better discussions. With that being said, send me your number or voice audio info and let's have a legit discussion. Otherwise, you're being a horrible moderator for continuing to bait.

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    There is no hypocrisy with what Trump said. He never claimed they should storm the capitol and attack government officials.


    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Lebron never claimed anyone should kill anyone either or anything like that. So what's the outrage for inciting about?

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    LeBron implying that the officer did something wrong knowing that emotions were very tense sets a bad representation of a police officer who did his job very well.
    Umm. Earlier you said OTHERS were using emotional arguments? [emoji23]

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  5. #305
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,973
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    There is no double standard because your analogy regarding Trump here is horrible.

    Trust me, I ain't running away from you. Send me your phone # and we can have a discussion. I just don't care to waste effort typing out responses to someone who regurgitates the same response every reply. 'Countered with logic'. Don't flatter yourself. I've dealt with kids who have generated better discussions. With that being said, send me your number or voice audio info and let's have a legit discussion. Otherwise, you're being a horrible moderator for continuing to bait.
    Lol you told me to drop it then get into discussing the point being made and I didn't discuss the topic for you just to see this. More hypocrisy I see. The analogy was just fine it is your extreme agenda that's clouding your judgement.

    Internet tough guy too I see. The real issue is when logic is presented your arguments always fall apart.

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,826
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Lol you told me to drop it then get into discussing the point being made and I didn't discuss the topic for you just to see this. More hypocrisy I see. The analogy was just fine it is your extreme agenda that's clouding your judgement.

    Internet tough guy too I see. The real issue is when logic is presented your arguments always fall apart.
    You sir, have a great rest of your day. Thank you for the discussion.

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,059
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Those ďwhite liberals that rode in on their white horsesĒ is the market. What about that arenít you getting? The market is free to criticize or petition or demand whatever it wants, companies either agree to change or do not. In these cases the companies decided the negative publicity on their products wasnít worth the names and logos they were using so they changed it.

    You love the free market until it does something you donít like, then you become more socialist than Bernie Sanders.
    That is not the market working. The market is organic. If i stand outside a mom and pop store and say im going to shoot anyone who goes in, sales will go down. Is this the market working?

    The idea that some people had an issue with a product name therefore contacted sponsors of said product and threatened boycotts is not the market working. Its literally the same thing as high jacking a customer base.

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,826
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    That is not the market working. The market is organic. If i stand outside a mom and pop store and say im going to shoot anyone who goes in, sales will go down. Is this the market working?

    The idea that some people had an issue with a product name therefore contacted sponsors of said product and threatened boycotts is not the market working. Its literally the same thing as high jacking a customer base.
    That's an interesting response but I firmly believe businesses should stay out of politics so that this mess isn't happening to them to begin with. It's bad for the economy, bad for the people being employed, and just not needed. Nike is a big example of this. They claim they want to fight for social injustice but have no issue profiting off of horrible worker practices.

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,059
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    And if youíre so upset with the name change, do what those white liberals did and petition and write Snyder letting him know how much it meant to you to call them the Redskins, see if heíll change it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Are you one of those people?

    So why didnt they vocalize themselves? Why didnt they campaign stronger for the use of a racial slur as a mascot?


    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I could care less about the name change. Im an Eagles fan so to me, they will always be the Deadskins. I literally couldn't care. My point is, many of the fans of the team supported the name. Im not sure if one actual fan supported the removal of the name.

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,059
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    That's an interesting response but I firmly believe businesses should stay out of politics so that this mess isn't happening to them to begin with. It's bad for the economy, bad for the people being employed, and just not needed. Nike is a big example of this. They claim they want to fight for social injustice but have no issue profiting off of horrible worker practices.
    Totally agree. Not to mention the NBAs support of China

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,843
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    That is not the market working. The market is organic. If i stand outside a mom and pop store and say im going to shoot anyone who goes in, sales will go down. Is this the market working?

    The idea that some people had an issue with a product name therefore contacted sponsors of said product and threatened boycotts is not the market working. Its literally the same thing as high jacking a customer base.
    No, they are not comparable at all. Your examples involve literal violence and crime, nothing about what people are doing is illegal or violent. Honestly, the comparisons are ridiculous.

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,843
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I could care less about the name change. Im an Eagles fan so to me, they will always be the Deadskins. I literally couldn't care. My point is, many of the fans of the team supported the name. Im not sure if one actual fan supported the removal of the name.
    I just showed you dozens of Native American organizations that had a problem with it. Why do you keep ignoring them?

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,843
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    That's an interesting response but I firmly believe businesses should stay out of politics so that this mess isn't happening to them to begin with. It's bad for the economy, bad for the people being employed, and just not needed. Nike is a big example of this. They claim they want to fight for social injustice but have no issue profiting off of horrible worker practices.
    When you say stay out of politics do you mean completely or do you mean like McConnellís still give money but shut up philosophy? Because I think if an entity spends as much money on politics as these businesses do, they have the right to comment.

    But thatís besides the point, because these companies arenít speaking up about politics because they are true believers. They are speaking up because itís good business. Theyíve calculated itís better to be on the side of progress than the side of outdated bigotry.

    In essence, them speaking out is them reading the free market.

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,826
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    No, they are not comparable at all. Your examples involve literal violence and crime, nothing about what people are doing is illegal or violent. Honestly, the comparisons are ridiculous.
    I don't know about you but if my favorite restaurant is filled with people yelling and screaming, even though it isn't illegal or violent, I'm not eating there. The let the market do their thing only applies if all things are equal.

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    13,293
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I could care less about the name change. Im an Eagles fan so to me, they will always be the Deadskins. I literally couldn't care. My point is, many of the fans of the team supported the name. Im not sure if one actual fan supported the removal of the name.
    Bingo, I have plenty of friends and acquaintances Myself included that when the announced the official name change was out on the team as a fan (fanatic). I supported them, and pulled for them however didnt invest in new gear, take 3 hours out of my Sunday to make sure I watched them ect. When they released Haskins I got back on because it seems as this front office actual has a backbone compared to other front offices that seemed to be yes-men to Snyder.

    Go look in the Washington Football Team forum... I mean theres no posts. It was somewhat active with about 20 fans, but now its dead... and has been since the name change. I'm the only one posting as a Football Team fan in any of the NFCE threads.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2021 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •