Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 475
  1. #106
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,142
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    bold might be the smartest thing I've ever seen from you. everything else is unnecessary gibberish.




    because when I call out Trump nobody wants to argue with me against it.

    Trump is an *******, argue against me.
    So you are trolling for arguments then?

    This might be the closest you have come to giving an answer why you do what you do.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,664
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yes, they are.

    But that's beside the point. The point is your argument sounds very racist because you only look to deride black groups and black equality. You don't deride white groups for the same thing. It says america in their name, yet it doesnt bother you that they ignore American victims. But it does when it comes to BLM ignoring black victims. This is why we all know your argument is not sincere.

    This hypocrisy seems to be based on race. So naturally, people will view you as someone who supports racist approach.


    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Wait if MAGA is a group, are you including all presidential slogans?

    Was "Yes we can!" a group?

    What about "Tippecanoe and Tyler Too"?

    You could make this point using real right-leaning groups maybe. The religious right or the tea party but MAGA was nothing more than a presidential campaign slogan and there's a ton of these...

  3. #108
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,279
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    in general not all the time. that is a problem too, some are quick to think it's always about race every single time while having no interest in anything else.

    we can't have an honest conversation about this because some see race and nothing else, assume race is the only factor, and don't want to hear about anything that contradicts that. when people bring up anything else then they are accused of being racist and/or supporting racism.
    You hit the nail right on the head. This proof is in the pudding with this LeBron tweet. All gopher, iknowhoops, and nastynice can do is use the WhatAboutIsm with Trump. I give them credit for at least acknowledging LeBron was in the wrong even though they try to justify his influence over people who ignore statistics and think cops are killing Black people unjustifiably left and right.

    Having a discussion on a LeBron tweet is the ultimate crucifixion apparently... "Why does LeBron's deleted tweet deserve this much attention?!" Because his platform is huge and has the ability to incite people who believe the false unproven narrative that cops are unjustifiably killing unarmed Black people left and right maybe??!! Because the narrative gets louder and and more hostile the more the lie is pushed as we experienced last summer??!!

    For once, the entire country ignored their political party and agreed that what Chauvin did was absolutely reprehensible. THAT was extremely short-lived... Then the narrative came that it was race related without any substantive support. Then this 16 year old girl gets shot, the narrative gets a lethal blow in that the cop was actually a hero... and it's suddenly, "Well yeah LeBron was totally wrong posting a picture of a cop who saved a Black girl's life saying 'You're nexted' and yeah LeBron didn't completely apologize, or apologize at all for that matter to the cop he took a s--t on, and yeah LeBron's voice carries a lot of weight with people because of his platform... but it ain't so bad... does it warrant any type of discussion? No way bro!"
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  4. #109
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    You hit the nail right on the head. This proof is in the pudding with this LeBron tweet. All gopher, iknowhoops, and nastynice can do is use the WhatAboutIsm with Trump. I give them credit for at least acknowledging LeBron was in the wrong even though they try to justify his influence over people who ignore statistics and think cops are killing Black people unjustifiably left and right.

    Having a discussion on a LeBron tweet is the ultimate crucifixion apparently... "Why does LeBron's deleted tweet deserve this much attention?!" Because his platform is huge and has the ability to incite people who believe the false unproven narrative that cops are unjustifiably killing unarmed Black people left and right maybe??!! Because the narrative gets louder and and more hostile the more the lie is pushed as we experienced last summer??!!

    For once, the entire country ignored their political party and agreed that what Chauvin did was absolutely reprehensible. THAT was extremely short-lived... Then the narrative came that it was race related without any substantive support. Then this 16 year old girl gets shot, the narrative gets a lethal blow in that the cop was actually a hero... and it's suddenly, "Well yeah LeBron was totally wrong posting a picture of a cop who saved a Black girl's life saying 'You're nexted' and yeah LeBron didn't completely apologize, or apologize at all for that matter to the cop he took a s--t on, and yeah LeBron's voice carries a lot of weight with people because of his platform... but it ain't so bad... does it warrant any type of discussion? No way bro!"
    Lol says the guy that couldn't even respond to me but feels the need to give a +1 to the biggest troll in the political forum. If you would see him constantly attacking BLM, Lebron and others despite supporting far worse from his hero Trump you would understand exactly why people will call out the obvious hypocrisy.

    It isn't crucifixion it is just obvious hypocritical extreme partisan politics which is why special is so focused on it (he demanded I answer on this topic before your thread too) and why there would even be a thread/those demanding answers for a celebrities deleted tweet he has answered about. This is a unique approach towards a specific athlete the same people focused on it have previously had issues with such as the shut up and dribble stuff. It's just pointing out the obvious, everyone not completely down the rabbit hole can see what this fake outrage is really about. It isn't just that his huge platform it is the political stance taken and that he is viewed as a social justice type. It's a chance to own the libs with a mistake on a political topic by saying look he did bad.

    Calling out was fine. Harping on it weeks after it was deleted in this manner is insane and extremely partisan.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,279
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Lol says the guy that couldn't even respond to me but feels the need to give a +1 to the biggest troll in the political forum. If you would see him constantly attacking BLM, Lebron and others despite supporting far worse from his hero Trump you would understand exactly why people will call out the obvious hypocrisy.

    It isn't crucifixion it is just obvious hypocritical extreme partisan politics which is why special is so focused on it (he demanded I answer on this topic before your thread too) and why there would even be a thread/those demanding answers for a celebrities deleted tweet he has answered about. This is a unique approach towards a specific athlete the same people focused on it have previously had issues with such as the shut up and dribble stuff. It's just pointing out the obvious, everyone not completely down the rabbit hole can see what this fake outrage is really about. It isn't just that his huge platform it is the political stance taken and that he is viewed as a social justice type. It's a chance to own the libs with a mistake on a political topic by saying look he did bad.

    Calling out was fine. Harping on it weeks after it was deleted in this manner is insane and extremely partisan.
    I didn't respond to the page or two because it's pointless to have an intellectual conversation when I clearly state I wasn't comparing Trump and LeBron indirectly inciting their respective following but that they both nevertheless do have a following. Then Iknowhoops keeps saying I am somehow not bothered by what Chauvin did when I've clearly said the exact opposite. I guess it's easier to just twist people's words and play dumb as to what the other person is actually saying.

    We agree this is partisan politics. But you feel LeBron is getting "too much" attention without acknowledging the ramifications of his FUBAR tweet. You feel he's exonerated becaused he deleted it... that isn't how it works. I don't care to have a discussion about what Trump did, said, etc... unless it's to discuss how like LeBron, his words have the ability to incite people to do insane things.

    I want social justice and equality for everyone and acknowledge there NEEDS to be changes for this in order to happen. However, I want the false narrative that cops are unjustifiably killing unarmed Blacks left and right to stop being repeated... An attorney named Ben Crump wrote a book calling the police violence against Black people "genocide".... GENOCIDE... really?!?! I'm all for criminal justice reform and police reform... but I'm getting off that wagon if that is the narrative. You're free to stay on...
    Last edited by Redrum187; 05-05-2021 at 08:43 PM.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  6. #111
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    I didn't respond to the page or two because it's pointless to have an intellectual conversation when I clearly state I wasn't comparing Trump and LeBron indirectly inciting their respective following but that they both nevertheless do have a following. Then Iknowhoops keeps saying I am somehow not bothered by what Chauvin did when I've clearly said the exact opposite. I guess it's easier to just twist people's words and play dumb as to what the other person is actually saying.

    We agree this is partisan politics. But you feel LeBron is getting "too much" attention without acknowledging the ramifications of his FUBAR tweet. You feel he's exonerated becaused he deleted it... that isn't how it works. I don't care to have a discussion about what Trump did, said, etc... unless it's to discuss how like LeBron, his words have the ability to incite people to do insane things.

    I want social justice and equality for everyone and acknowledge there NEEDS to be changes for this in order to happen. However, I want the false narrative that cops are unjustifiably killing unarmed Blacks left and right... An attorney named Ben Crump road a stupid book calling the police violence against Black people "genocide".... GENOCIDE... really?!?! I'm all for criminal justice reform and police reform... but I'm getting off that wagon if that is the narrative. You're free to stay on...
    It's hard to take the first part serious when you get into what IKH said, I said you didn't respond to me. You don't have to compare to Trump for him to be relevant. He also spoke out about this issue using his major platform so he inserted himself into the conversation as he called this racist himself which is part of what news stations are mirroring.

    I actually have acknowledged the ramifications of his tweet as being bad at least 5 times over the past 2 weeks now. Every time it has been brought up including this thread (it's literally stated in the post you ignored even). That is different than a 2 week long attack/campaign by these extreme partisans who don't actually care but are just playing gotcha in hypocritical manner (like Trump or Special for example or news like fox). All celebrities have the ability to incite people to do insane things and if we want to go there again Jan 6th comes to mind from actual POTUS. The POTUS, followers like special, Fox are the ones that are focusing on and attacking Lebron in this manner so it is hypocritical whether you want that discussion or not it's a reality. Lebron posted a tweet seemingly calling for accountability I am not sure we have reached anything close to him inciting people to do insane things.

    I agree with you on this we need to do a better job on not rushing to judgements all around. That doesn't start by choosing one side or the other and always making assumptions or focusing on trying to play gotcha etc. it involves actually listening and a want to make change. I am not on board with those always assuming cops are racist or those playing hypocritical partisan games attacking the libs like this. I think both routes are unproductive.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,279
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    It's hard to take the first part serious when you get into what IKH said, I said you didn't respond to me. You don't have to compare to Trump for him to be relevant. He also spoke out about this issue using his major platform so he inserted himself into the conversation as he called this racist himself which is part of what news stations are mirroring.

    I actually have acknowledged the ramifications of his tweet as being bad at least 5 times over the past 2 weeks now. Every time it has been brought up including this thread (it's literally stated in the post you ignored even). That is different than a 2 week long attack/campaign by these extreme partisans who don't actually care but are just playing gotcha in hypocritical manner (like Trump or Special for example or news like fox). All celebrities have the ability to incite people to do insane things and if we want to go there again Jan 6th comes to mind from actual POTUS. The POTUS, followers like special, Fox are the ones that are focusing on and attacking Lebron in this manner so it is hypocritical whether you want that discussion or not it's a reality. Lebron posted a tweet seemingly calling for accountability I am not sure we have reached anything close to him inciting people to do insane things.

    I agree with you on this we need to do a better job on not rushing to judgements all around. That doesn't start by choosing one side or the other and always making assumptions or focusing on trying to play gotcha etc. it involves actually listening and a want to make change. I am not on board with those always assuming cops are racist or those playing hypocritical partisan games attacking the libs like this. I think both routes are unproductive.


    Good post.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Wait if MAGA is a group, are you including all presidential slogans?

    Was "Yes we can!" a group?

    What about "Tippecanoe and Tyler Too"?

    You could make this point using real right-leaning groups maybe. The religious right or the tea party but MAGA was nothing more than a presidential campaign slogan and there's a ton of these...
    Understood. And if thats the slogan for that group, well that slogan says America in it and so why are they not standing up for American victims?

    Slice it anyway you want, specials argument is hypocritical. Either call them out or dont. When you only consistently call out the black group, it comes off racist.


    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    You hit the nail right on the head. This proof is in the pudding with this LeBron tweet. All gopher, iknowhoops, and nastynice can do is use the WhatAboutIsm with Trump. :
    I'm not comparing trump to lebron, I'm comparing MAGA to BLM. In the context of special criticizing these groups for not doing what they stand for.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 05-05-2021 at 09:55 PM.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,557
    LeBron deleted the tweet because his lawyer called and told him he could potentially face a lawsuit. He didn't delete it because it was 'wrong.' He received backlash from both sides when he was expecting people to applaud him.

    Let's face the facts:

    1) LeBron still hasn't spoken up against China but had the audacity to state that Morey was 'uneducated' about the subject.

    2) LeBron talks about injustice but he is the beneficiary of a billion dollar contract via Nike using low wage factory workers which have documented evidence of poor working conditions and in some cases, the use of child labor.

    3) LeBron only cares about the social aspect of issues because it has improved his brand. Name one stance LeBron took that affected his bottom line... Muhammad Ali fought against the government. Bill Russell played at a time when racial tensions were high. What is LeBron really risking out here because supporting BLM seems to be a great financial decision for celebrities. But ya'll can go ahead and act like LeBron is some sort of holy figure who resurrected himself to save the world all you want. Like the police officer who made that TikTok video stated... 'Yeah, I'll listen to you LeBron... since you're a great basketball player.' Why are we treating LeBron as some expert because he's a legendary basketball player?

    4) Meanwhile, this same LeBron who can't take 30 seconds off his day to research the shooting of Bryant. While it was unfortunate and tragic that someone died, blaming the police officer is hysterically a virtue signaling stance. We all know LeBron has private security (most of whom were former police officers/army) and uses the services of police officers when he attends events. To publicly shame a police officer for doing his job to his 50+ million Twitter followers is disgusting considering the police officer was left in a position where he had to use deadly force. You know, ten years ago, that police officer would have been applauded as a hero for potentially having saved a life. Today, he is victimized with people like LeBron calling for #accountability. Oh, LeBron, when will you be held accountable? And to those who state that LeBron didn't incite any violence via the tweet, there are ramifications to his words. While he didn't explicitly call for violence, you already know that the police officer was going to be stalked, harassed, and his family would be potential victims of phone spamming, threats, etc., Are you guys that foolish to think it wouldn't happen? And what message is LeBron sending when he implies that wrongdoing was done when an officer shoots someone who was about to stab someone?

    Jesus Christ, you guys are ridiculous defending him. LeBron doesn't care about you - get over it. Right now, he's promoting his Lobos drink which he clearly doesn't drink, about to make another few hundred million dollars when Lobos gets sold and you guys truly think LeBron cares about social issues? If he did, why won't LeBron speak out against the tremendous BLACK-ON-ASIAN hate crimes going on? It seems awfully convenient that the only subject LeBron will touch is a white police officer shooting a black person but won't ever confront the actual issues that plague the black community. The police officer who shot Bryant wasn't randomly strolling around looking to shoot black people. They were dispatched there because someone called 911. How about not giving any reason to need to call 911 if you want to avoid police officers?

    I mean, what don't people get?
    You resist arrest, you put your life in the hands of police officers.
    You try to stab someone, you will likely get shot.

    Keep playing these games and you'll be a winner of stupid prizes.

    Also, if police officers are systemically racist, why do so few black women die as compared to white males? Hint: Because while some police officers are racist, the overwhelming massive majority of police officers are simply doing their job and males, particularly black males, are by far the individuals most involved with criminal activity and thus, a more frequent involvement of police officers and statistically, that means a higher % of something going wrong.

    But keep preaching nonsense. I love when you bums still argue about the same **** for the past year instead of getting your life together.
    Last edited by OceanSpray; 05-05-2021 at 10:15 PM.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    58,963
    When's the book being released?

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,664
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Understood. And if thats the slogan for that group, well that slogan says America in it and so why are they not standing up for American victims?

    Slice it anyway you want, specials argument is hypocritical. Either call them out or dont. When you only consistently call out the black group, it comes off racist.


    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Id argue Trump did stand up for all Americans. His policies especially impacted black people in a positive way but you aren't ready for that conversation.

    The BLM movement only points out the flaws in logic with the current argument coming from the left...

    Black lives matter... except those black lives. Only the very few that are wrongfully killed by cops.

    My body, my choice when it comes to abortion but when it comes to the covid vaccine or masks, "do as we do"

    Cops are evil murderers but we will call them when we need help still.

    Boarder fences are racist. Except if they are around the white house.

    Meanwhile, cancel culture has sought to remove all examples of brown people from the marketplace. Land O' Lakes lady, Aunt Jamima, etc all gone. But the white symbols remain in tact. If i were racist, id be pleased with the current climate.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,082
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    LeBron deleted the tweet because his lawyer called and told him he could potentially face a lawsuit. He didn't delete it because it was 'wrong.' He received backlash from both sides when he was expecting people to applaud him.

    Let's face the facts:

    1) LeBron still hasn't spoken up against China but had the audacity to state that Morey was 'uneducated' about the subject.

    2) LeBron talks about injustice but he is the beneficiary of a billion dollar contract via Nike using low wage factory workers which have documented evidence of poor working conditions and in some cases, the use of child labor.

    3) LeBron only cares about the social aspect of issues because it has improved his brand. Name one stance LeBron took that affected his bottom line... Muhammad Ali fought against the government. Bill Russell played at a time when racial tensions were high. What is LeBron really risking out here because supporting BLM seems to be a great financial decision for celebrities. But ya'll can go ahead and act like LeBron is some sort of holy figure who resurrected himself to save the world all you want. Like the police officer who made that TikTok video stated... 'Yeah, I'll listen to you LeBron... since you're a great basketball player.' Why are we treating LeBron as some expert because he's a legendary basketball player?

    4) Meanwhile, this same LeBron who can't take 30 seconds off his day to research the shooting of Bryant. While it was unfortunate and tragic that someone died, blaming the police officer is hysterically a virtue signaling stance. We all know LeBron has private security (most of whom were former police officers/army) and uses the services of police officers when he attends events. To publicly shame a police officer for doing his job to his 50+ million Twitter followers is disgusting considering the police officer was left in a position where he had to use deadly force. You know, ten years ago, that police officer would have been applauded as a hero for potentially having saved a life. Today, he is victimized with people like LeBron calling for #accountability. Oh, LeBron, when will you be held accountable? And to those who state that LeBron didn't incite any violence via the tweet, there are ramifications to his words. While he didn't explicitly call for violence, you already know that the police officer was going to be stalked, harassed, and his family would be potential victims of phone spamming, threats, etc., Are you guys that foolish to think it wouldn't happen? And what message is LeBron sending when he implies that wrongdoing was done when an officer shoots someone who was about to stab someone?

    Jesus Christ, you guys are ridiculous defending him. LeBron doesn't care about you - get over it. Right now, he's promoting his Lobos drink which he clearly doesn't drink, about to make another few hundred million dollars when Lobos gets sold and you guys truly think LeBron cares about social issues? If he did, why won't LeBron speak out against the tremendous BLACK-ON-ASIAN hate crimes going on? It seems awfully convenient that the only subject LeBron will touch is a white police officer shooting a black person but won't ever confront the actual issues that plague the black community. The police officer who shot Bryant wasn't randomly strolling around looking to shoot black people. They were dispatched there because someone called 911. How about not giving any reason to need to call 911 if you want to avoid police officers?

    I mean, what don't people get?
    You resist arrest, you put your life in the hands of police officers.
    You try to stab someone, you will likely get shot.

    Keep playing these games and you'll be a winner of stupid prizes.

    Also, if police officers are systemically racist, why do so few black women die as compared to white males? Hint: Because while some police officers are racist, the overwhelming massive majority of police officers are simply doing their job and males, particularly black males, are by far the individuals most involved with criminal activity and thus, a more frequent involvement of police officers and statistically, that means a higher % of something going wrong.

    But keep preaching nonsense. I love when you bums still argue about the same **** for the past year instead of getting your life together.
    Kareem Abdul Jabbar disagrees with you.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    16,285
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Id argue Trump did stand up for all Americans. His policies especially impacted black people in a positive way but you aren't ready for that conversation.

    The BLM movement only points out the flaws in logic with the current argument coming from the left...

    Black lives matter... except those black lives. Only the very few that are wrongfully killed by cops.

    My body, my choice when it comes to abortion but when it comes to the covid vaccine or masks, "do as we do"

    Cops are evil murderers but we will call them when we need help still.

    Boarder fences are racist. Except if they are around the white house.

    Meanwhile, cancel culture has sought to remove all examples of brown people from the marketplace. Land O' Lakes lady, Aunt Jamima, etc all gone. But the white symbols remain in tact. If i were racist, id be pleased with the current climate.
    Yup
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,557
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Kareem Abdul Jabbar disagrees with you.
    Wow, I guess he must be right then. You are a genius. KAJ also thinks his wife is hotter than yours and that he's more handsome than Brad Pitt. Everything KAJ says or thinks must be true.

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •