Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Well the thing is, it DOES happen all the time. Pretty much any black male in adulthood will tell you they have experienced being treated differently by law enforcement. Pretty much EVERY single black person has experienced it either directly or indirectly.

That's what systemic racism is. It's a system which exerts itself in a racist manner. How could black people possibly live under a racist system and not deal with racism on a regular basis? American culture is arguably the most racist culture in the world.

Seems you are the one THINKING things here rather than recognizing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    You're moving the goalpost. How do you compare "being treated different" to "unjustifiably killing someone"? The narrative is that cops are killing Blacks unjustifiably left and right. It does happen on rare occasions. I agree that if it happens even once, it's once too many, but when I say "rare", I mean in relation to the total incidents where there was a loss of life.

We can't use the Floyd murder and assume that is the status quo.

Have you ever seen Schindler's List? I can take a screen shot of Schindler at his own birthday party and he smiles as some Jews give him a birthday cake. Lets say I showed it to someone who has never heard or seen of Schindler's List... Then you ask the person, "This is a screen shot taken from a movie. Would you guess this is a happy movie or a sad movie?"

In case my point goes over your head again, my point is that a snapshot of a particular incident (albeit tragic and unnecessary) does not reflect the norm. Go back to the 2020 data... they literally took the time to account for the deaths to prove this point.

If you want to have a SEPARATE discussion about how more than just a few cops treat Blacks differently, I 100% agree with you. They use racial profiling. They institute stop and frisk which is 100% unconstitutional. You will not hear anything on the contrary from me. That isn't what we are talking about though.
    Last edited by Redrum187; 05-04-2021 at 06:42 PM.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    You're moving the goalpost. How do you compare "being treated different" to "unjustifiably killing someone"? The narrative is that cops are killing Blacks unjustifiably left and right. It does happen on rare occasions. I agree that if it happens even once, it's once too many, but when I say "rare", I mean in relation to the total incidents where there was a loss of life.

Have you ever seen Schindler's List? I can take a screen shot of Schindler at his own birthday party and he smiles as some Jews give him a birthday cake. Lets say I showed it to someone who has never heard or seen of Schindler's List... Then you ask the person, "This is a screen shot taken from a movie. Would you guess this is a happy movie or a sad movie?"

In case my point goes over your head again, my point is that a snapshot of a particular incident (albeit tragic and unnecessary) does not reflect the norm. Go back to the 2020 data... they literally took the time to account for the deaths to prove this point.

If you want to have a SEPARATE discussion about how more than just a few cops treat Blacks differently, I 100% agree with you. They use racial profiling. They institute stop and frisk which is 100% unconstitutional. You will not hear anything on the contrary from me. That isn't what we are talking about though.
    It IS what we are talking about, the entire reason people are vocal about this is because they are treated differently, and being treated differently by law enforcement carries very real consequences with it, including things like being sent to prison or being killed.

That doesnt mean being killed is the only measurable negative consequence, but it will be highlighted, naturally.

@nastynice

America is far from being even close to the most racist country in the world in 2021. My guess is you don't really follow world news, history, nor have you traveled much.

I don't know what is "the most racist country", but I would guess India has to be damn near the top. I'm not sure if you're only passionate about America and Americans, but if this sort of thing intrigues you, read up on India's class system.

Or since I bring up China and their crimes against humanity, read up on what China is doing to slow down birth rates to it's minority groups. Here's a link: https://apnews.com/article/ap-top-ne...41a514f78d764c

I get it... grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. The NBA and the players keeping quiet about China... blame it on ignorance and "out of sight, out of mind".

San Antonio Spurs

Careful now. nasty is a fiercely loyal Chinese apologist that's been completely brainwashed by CGTN.

It IS what we are talking about, the entire reason people are vocal about this is because they are treated differently, and being treated differently by law enforcement carries very real consequences with it, including things like being sent to prison or being killed.

That doesnt mean being killed is the only measurable negative consequence, but it will be highlighted, naturally.

No, the narrative is "I'm tired of White cops killing Blacks for no reason." That EXACTLY what I meant when I said LeBron does a disservice to the REAL racism and social inequalities going on in America in 2021... injustices like the ones you just mentioned.

You can't equate those types of inequalities with "cops are unjustifiably killing Blacks left and right". That isn't true nor can it even be argued statistically. However, statistically, we CAN prove that the criminal justice system is absolutely slamming the hammer down harder on minorities (in particular Blacks) than they are on Whites.

This is why I say Trump doesn't get the credit he deserves. He is the only president in our lifetime to pass meaningful criminal justice reform! Clinton and Biden called Blacks "super predators"... Biden helped write the 3 strikes and you're out bill!!! This law is a HUGE reason why so many Blacks are in prison now. He can say in hindsight he messed up, but it doesn't take a genius to know who would be affected the most prior to the bill becoming a law. This was in MY life time! Wake the f--k up!

San Antonio Spurs

Unfortunately, the statistics gathered tell a different story. In fact, they did a break down of Black people killed in 2020. The rare times a cop killed a Black person unjustifiably, the cop was punished.

The problem has more to do with cops not being vetted thoroughly enough and overall bad police training. I'm not saying a cop needs to pass the bar, but they should know the basics of what is and isn't legal, especially as it pertains to physical force. They need to have periodic psychological evaluations... many of them are vets who have some insane PTSD. That isn't to say I think vets are bad, but PTSD is a sad side effect of being in war...

If there is evidence to race being a motivating factor for why a cop kills someone unjustifiably, I WANT TO SEE IT. I want to see anything that substantiates cops abuse their power because they are racists rather than just power hungry and ignorant of the law. We can't just make blanketed assumptions of a group of people... cops, Black people, etc...

I remember sharing a video of a police officer blasting a poor unarmed White kid on his knees in a hallway... he was walking on his knees with his hands up towards the officers (as instructed), but then he fell forward and reached to grab his pants from falling and he was executed. I don't think the cop did it because he hates White people... why would race be the first thing I think about? In the video, the cop is threatening to blast him if the kid does an order in a different way than he instructed. The cop was a freaking lunatic.
    I specifically said “shot in the back”...not killed. The fact that she was “shot in the back” is what can trigger the black audience. And especially when you unload 4 and it’s a woman.

1.Shot in the back
    2. 4 times
    3. It was a women

Equals a “wtf” based on the the current landscape of what we have seen lately. I can def understand anyone jumping to conclusions no matter what color you are. And then Bron took it down. Then the cop tried to sue Lebron. Bron ain’t apologizing to someone trying to sue him. Taking it down is enough. Ain’t apologizing for 4 shots to the back.

It’s not a separate discussion though. It’s all intertwined. Since we know many cops treat black people different just because they are black, then when a black person gets “shot in the back”, there is going to be some knee jerk reactions. That’s just common sense.

If a white woman is walking down the street and she sees a bunch of dudes huddled together ahead, I don’t blame her for having a knee jerk reaction of crossing the damn street.

No, the narrative is "I'm tired of White cops killing Blacks for no reason." That EXACTLY what I meant when I said LeBron does a disservice to the REAL racism and social inequalities going on in America in 2021... injustices like the ones you just mentioned.

You can't equate those types of inequalities with "cops are unjustifiably killing Blacks left and right". That isn't true nor can it even be argued statistically. However, statistically, we CAN prove that the criminal justice system is absolutely slamming the hammer down harder on minorities (in particular Blacks) than they are on Whites.

This is why I say Trump doesn't get the credit he deserves. He is the only president in our lifetime to pass meaningful criminal justice reform! Clinton and Biden called Blacks "super predators"... Biden helped write the 3 strikes and you're out bill!!! This law is a HUGE reason why so many Blacks are in prison now. He can say in hindsight he messed up, but it doesn't take a genius to know who would be affected the most prior to the bill becoming a law. This was in MY life time! Wake the f--k up!
    Lolololol. Dude. In order to make a pizza, you need for, sauce and cheese. What you are saying is that this is about how Pizza taste, not about how the mozzarella or the pepperonis taste. It’s about all of the above because one creates the other. Makes zero sense unless you are just that disconnected. Maybe you being not black can separate it, but I promise every black person puts it together as one big issue...so your opinion really doesn’t matter because it’s false and doesn’t have anything to do with you whatsoever.

In order for us to get tired of racist cops shooting black people in the back, we first needed racist cops that treat black people worse because they are black.

If there were no racist cops, or put another way no cops that treated black people worse for being black, there would be a lot less black people getting killed by cops and A black person doesn’t get executed on live and tv and people aren’t triggered.

On one hand you think Lebrons words are volatile and can create violence, but you are in no position to make that claim seeing as how you have zero clue about how black people feel or think or what issues they think are separate.

Maybe you would of gotten violent hearing Brons words, but no black people did. This wasn’t a Trump hate speech bruh. This wasn’t a commanding of brainless minions. This was a plea from a leader in a community in need. You wouldnt couldn’t understand and based on everything you’ve said, you have no clue how the black community is going to react. Violence had zero part in what Lebron tweeted about. Just a bad take by someone on the way way way outside looking in...you Redrum.
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 05-04-2021 at 08:53 PM.

@nastynice

America is far from being even close to the most racist country in the world in 2021. My guess is you don't really follow world news, history, nor have you traveled much.

I don't know what is "the most racist country", but I would guess India has to be damn near the top. I'm not sure if you're only passionate about America and Americans, but if this sort of thing intrigues you, read up on India's class system.

Or since I bring up China and their crimes against humanity, read up on what China is doing to slow down birth rates to it's minority groups. Here's a link: https://apnews.com/article/ap-top-ne...41a514f78d764c

I get it... grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. The NBA and the players keeping quiet about China... blame it on ignorance and "out of sight, out of mind".
    American culture was literally born in genocide and slavery. In the 1950's there were public exhibits around the country (including things such as the St Louis fair) referring to black people as the missing link between ape and man. This sort of the thing is somewhat exclusive to the american flavor of racism.

There is racism in other cultures as well, but in america the fundamental nature of the racism is palpably different. It seems to be much more ingrained into neutral individuals perspectives, rather than just extreme.

Last edited by nastynice; 05-04-2021 at 09:05 PM.

White cops killing unarmed black men is just an extension of racism you seem to acknowledge, criminal justice.

You tryina play both sides the fence here.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    I specifically said “shot in the back”...not killed. The fact that she was “shot in the back” is what can trigger the black audience. And especially when you unload 4 and it’s a woman.

1.Shot in the back
    2. 4 times
    3. It was a women

Equals a “wtf” based on the the current landscape of what we have seen lately. I can def understand anyone jumping to conclusions no matter what color you are. And then Bron took it down. Then the cop tried to sue Lebron. Bron ain’t apologizing to someone trying to sue him. Taking it down is enough. Ain’t apologizing for 4 shots to the back.
    What significance do these variables make? Of course her damn back was to the cop... she was charging another girl with a f--king knife!!! When someone is shot once, they don't die or stop moving instantly... This isn't like the movies where the good guys can get shot 50 times before they die but the bad guys die after 1 shot to the leg. He shot as many times as necessary to stop the psychotic girl from stabbing another girl to death. And who cares if it was a female? Meaning it's more acceptable to shoot more bullets if it's a man?

This isn't a rhetorical question... what significance is it? Furthermore, do any of these variables make it an unjustified shooting? Have you even watched the video?

San Antonio Spurs

White cops killing unarmed black men is just an extension of racism you seem to acknowledge, criminal justice.

You tryina play both sides the fence here.

If I "play both sides of the fence", it's because the truth is almost never on the right (Republican) or left (Democrat) side of the isle. It's always a mixture of the two. People who want police reform and criminal justice reform voted for president a guy who f--ked Black people the hardest by passing the 3 strikes law. People in prison for life for drug related offenses... non-violate offenses...

All the media has to do is say "orange man bad" and you feed right into their hand and vote for the guy who hurt Black people more than any other candidate. I digress.

But this is why I can't stand Republicans AND Democrats.

San Antonio Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Lolololol. Dude. In order to make a pizza, you need for, sauce and cheese. What you are saying is that this is about how Pizza taste, not about how the mozzarella or the pepperonis taste. It’s about all of the above because one creates the other. Makes zero sense unless you are just that disconnected. Maybe you being not black can separate it, but I promise every black person puts it together as one big issue...so your opinion really doesn’t matter because it’s false and doesn’t have anything to do with you whatsoever.

In order for us to get tired of racist cops shooting black people in the back, we first needed racist cops that treat black people worse because they are black.

If there were no racist cops, or put another way no cops that treated black people worse for being black, there would be a lot less black people getting killed by cops and A black person doesn’t get executed on live and tv and people aren’t triggered.

On one hand you think Lebrons words are volatile and can create violence, but you are in no position to make that claim seeing as how you have zero clue about how black people feel or think or what issues they think are separate.

Maybe you would of gotten violent hearing Brons words, but no black people did. This wasn’t a Trump hate speech bruh. This wasn’t a commanding of brainless minions. This was a plea from a leader in a community in need. You wouldnt couldn’t understand and based on everything you’ve said, you have no clue how the black community is going to react. Violence had zero part in what Lebron tweeted about. Just a bad take by someone on the way way way outside looking in...you Redrum.
    Right, this issue has nothing to do with me... . My wife is Black (mixed), my kids will be Black, my firm represents more minorities collectively than they do Whites, but I'm disconnected and this has nothing to do with me... K...

If you want to use that insane pizza analogy, it's more like this.

There is a pizzeria restaurant that makes pizza. This pizzeria has franchises all over the United States, totally 50,000 restaurants. Out of the 10,000,000 pizzas they served in 2019, 10 pizzas were served without any sauce or toppings... of those 10 pizzas, 9 of them were ordered that way and only 1 pizza was not, it was a legitimate mistake.

Rational conclusion: While this stat only counts pizzas that were missing sauce and toppings, it doesn't take into account orders that were messed up, burned or undercooked pizzas etc... Nevertheless, the stats presented do not seem like the franchise pizzeria willingly serves pizzas without sauce or toppings intentionally and in any significant numbers.

Your conclusion: This pizzeria is serving Americans all over the United States pizza without any sauce or toppings on it left and right! You ask for extra sauce and extra toppings, they just give you crust and cheese!

The false narrative is that the pizzeria serves people pizzas without sauce or toppings left and right, even when people order extra sauce and toppings. This is equivalent to saying "cops are murdering Blacks left and right".

I used the statistics from 2019 in which 10 Black unarmed people were killed by the police. Of those, all but 1 or 2 were unjustified killings but the cop was punished in some way.

If you want more toppings, sauce, and cheese on your pizza, STOP MAKING INACCURATE FALSE CLAIMS which makes you lose credibility and deflects from the real issues at hand. Maybe out of those 10,000,000 pizzas made, 2,000,000 of them were under or over cooked. That's a significant percentage... Perhaps we can address the issue by pointing it out instead of forcing a false narrative that ISN'T FACTUALLY OR STATISTICALLY true.

San Antonio Spurs

What significance do these variables make? Of course her damn back was to the cop... she was charging another girl with a f--king knife!!! When someone is shot once, they don't die or stop moving instantly... This isn't like the movies where the good guys can get shot 50 times before they die but the bad guys die after 1 shot to the leg. He shot as many times as necessary to stop the psychotic girl from stabbing another girl to death. And who cares if it was a female? Meaning it's more acceptable to shoot more bullets if it's a man?

This isn't a rhetorical question... what significance is it? Furthermore, do any of these variables make it an unjustified shooting? Have you even watched the video?
    Dude you can’t be this disconnected.

I guessed you missed the cops who shot black people in the back while they were running away?

I assume you have heard the term back stab?

Have you ever heard the term front stab...me either

Let me in on a little secret you seem to be unaware of. Black people understand that there are bad black people in the world and that they are rightfully shot by cops because they pose a threat to the cops life. We also understand that when someone is running away they aren’t trying to pose a threat yet and still the black community still sees cops shooting black people in the back running away. This especially pisses is off because there is no excuse for that.

Obviously you live a sheltered life based on you not being aware of this.

Just stop trying to read into any tweet made by a black person. There is much to large of a cultural gap between you and any black person speaking out against racism.

Right, this issue has nothing to do with me... . My wife is Black (mixed), my kids will be Black, my firm represents more minorities collectively than they do Whites, but I'm disconnected and this has nothing to do with me... K...

If you want to use that insane pizza analogy, it's more like this.

There is a pizzeria restaurant that makes pizza. This pizzeria has franchises all over the United States, totally 50,000 restaurants. Out of the 10,000,000 pizzas they served in 2019, 10 pizzas were served without any sauce or toppings... of those 10 pizzas, 9 of them were ordered that way and only 1 pizza was not, it was a legitimate mistake.

Rational conclusion: While this stat only counts pizzas that were missing sauce and toppings, it doesn't take into account orders that were messed up, burned or undercooked pizzas etc... Nevertheless, the stats presented do not seem like the franchise pizzeria willingly serves pizzas without sauce or toppings intentionally and in any significant numbers.

Your conclusion: This pizzeria is serving Americans all over the United States pizza without any sauce or toppings on it left and right! You ask for extra sauce and extra toppings, they just give you crust and cheese!

The false narrative is that the pizzeria serves people pizzas without sauce or toppings left and right, even when people order extra sauce and toppings. This is equivalent to saying "cops are murdering Blacks left and right".

I used the statistics from 2019 in which 10 Black unarmed people were killed by the police. Of those, all but 1 or 2 were unjustified killings but the cop was punished in some way.

If you want more toppings, sauce, and cheese on your pizza, STOP MAKING INACCURATE FALSE CLAIMS which makes you lose credibility and deflects from the real issues at hand. Maybe out of those 10,000,000 pizzas made, 2,000,000 of them were under or over cooked. That's a significant percentage... Perhaps we can address the issue by pointing it out instead of forcing a false narrative that ISN'T FACTUALLY OR STATISTICALLY true.
    Wrong. Because you said that black people getting wrongfully shot by police is a separate issue from black people be treated differently by police. So my anology was correct in saying you are trying to separate the pizza from the sauce.

Now your pizza analogy would work great if I said all cops are racist. Nobody said that, in fact I even said the cop was right.

So either you don’t understand how to make a proper analogy. Or you are trying to make a point that nobody is trying to counter.

Side question, does your wife agree with you that trump deserves more credit?

10 unarmed black people killed by police? I just looked at data that says 25 unarmed killed. Your stats are only from those shot and it’s still low because at least 13 were shot and killed. And being justified depends on who tells the story. Your stats suck and are wrong.

Nobody is making the argument that all cops are bad. The only argument we are making is that the ones that do go to far be held accountable. Your the one trying to create a new argument that you can win. As soon as black people want accountability there’s always someone like you trying to shut that down by answering a different question by saying not all cops are racist. No sh— Sherlock. But let’s lock up the the 25 cops out of 50,000 that are f-ing it up for the good ones. That’s all we’re saying. Accountability for the few that normally get away with it.

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast