Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 475
  1. #346
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,664
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Why cant I use the n word? Why cant my team mascot be a racist slur?

    These are strange complaints.



    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    If the n word is as bad as the word redskins than say the word.

  2. #347
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    ??

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  3. #348
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    40,701
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    At the time of kaepernick kneeling i said i understand if the league reacts upon losing revenue. I just said the same thing regarding the Redskins. That's the market making an impact. I'd have an issue calling sponsors demanding action because of kaepernick.

    Let's look at the current example with LeBron. I dont support what he did. It was foolish even if his intentions were good. If people decided not to go to nba games or buy Lakers gear because of LeBron, that would be the market working. But if some people called up sponsors of the lakers and demanded LeBron be suspended or fired, i wouldn't support that action.
    Trump literally tweeted about the Kaepernick situation ad Nausuem and demanded a boycott of the NFL over it. And you were completely silent. Was that acceptable and if not, why no condemnation of that?

  4. #349
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,664
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Youíre saying no one should get a say in a product unless they have directly purchased it? In that case, since you donít buy deadskins products, you should probably stop talking about them.
    You shouldn't get a say period. You're only reourse is whether or not you buy the product. If the product is good, people would still buy it.

    Again, ill use my miracle juice. If it cured cancer and someone you loved was going to die of cancer would you buy it if i named it n***** juice? I guarantee you would and so would most people, of all races.

  5. #350
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,664
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Trump literally tweeted about the Kaepernick situation ad Nausuem and demanded a boycott of the NFL over it. And you were completely silent. Was that acceptable and if not, why no condemnation of that?
    I go through periods when im not on the site much. I think trump is wrong on this.

  6. #351
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    40,701
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    You shouldn't get a say period. You're only reourse is whether or not you buy the product. If the product is good, people would still buy it.

    Again, ill use my miracle juice. If it cured cancer and someone you loved was going to die of cancer would you buy it if i named it n***** juice? I guarantee you would and so would most people, of all races.
    Yes there comes a point when everyone will accept help from a racist if their life is on the line, that proves nothing since the Redskins are not saving any lives.

    The fact you need to go to such extreme lengths in your analogies like life saving drugs or attempted murder and kidnapping to make your point actually helps my argument.

    We can use a more recent example where many Conservative politicians criticized the MLB for moving their All-Star game. Should they have had a say if they donít buy MLB products?

  7. #352
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,664
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Yes there comes a point when everyone will accept help from a racist if their life is on the line, that proves nothing since the Redskins are not saving any lives.

    The fact you need to go to such extreme lengths in your analogies like life saving drugs or attempted murder and kidnapping to make your point actually helps my argument.

    We can use a more recent example where many Conservative politicians criticized the MLB for moving their All-Star game. Should they have had a say if they donít buy MLB products?
    Personally, i dont believe what the mlb did was right. From the little i heard about it, they really put a hurt on the economy in Atlanta, which was already planning on the game being there.

    That being said, i dont believe in boycotting the mlb or their sponsors. Youre allowed to have an opinion an issue. Dont like the name redskins? That's fine. Don't believe lebron james acts intelligently with his tweets? Thats fine too. Wanting either to be banned, that's too far.

  8. #353
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    59,084
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    I'm mad at LeBron for not researching when he fully had the ability to do so. If that upsets you, we're done here. Enjoy your day. Please don't respond to me pushing this dead discussion forward. You as a mod should at least respect that considering I cannot ignore you.

  9. #354
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    59,084
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    There is no double standard because your analogy regarding Trump here is horrible.

    Trust me, I ain't running away from you. Send me your phone # and we can have a discussion. I just don't care to waste effort typing out responses to someone who regurgitates the same response every reply. 'Countered with logic'. Don't flatter yourself. I've dealt with kids who have generated better discussions. With that being said, send me your number or voice audio info and let's have a legit discussion. Otherwise, you're being a horrible moderator for continuing to bait.
    Creepy.

  10. #355
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    59,084
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Bingo, I have plenty of friends and acquaintances Myself included that when the announced the official name change was out on the team as a fan (fanatic). I supported them, and pulled for them however didnt invest in new gear, take 3 hours out of my Sunday to make sure I watched them ect. When they released Haskins I got back on because it seems as this front office actual has a backbone compared to other front offices that seemed to be yes-men to Snyder.

    Go look in the Washington Football Team forum... I mean theres no posts. It was somewhat active with about 20 fans, but now its dead... and has been since the name change. I'm the only one posting as a Football Team fan in any of the NFCE threads.
    Blaming the lack of activity in a PSD forum on Washington's name change is hilarious.

  11. #356
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    59,084
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Na it does, because it was discussed among us.
    Sounds like some real fairweather fans if this has any truth at all to it.

  12. #357
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    13,100
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Sounds like some real fairweather fans if this has any truth at all to it.
    There's no such thing bc the weather is only fair about once or twice every 10 years with that team.

    It wasn't just because of the name change, that was basically the last straw due to the incompetence of the front office, Daniel Snyders lack of knowledge in building a team ect...

  13. #358
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    13,100
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Blaming the lack of activity in a PSD forum on Washington's name change is hilarious.
    I mean it was discussed at length among us, iduno what to tell you

  14. #359
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    59,084
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    I mean it was discussed at length among us, iduno what to tell you
    Well you've already changed it from the name change being the sole reason for a lack of activity to "it wasn't just that". Can't say I trust your word on this issue, especially seeing as how basically every forum on this site has become way less active over the last few years or so.

  15. #360
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    I donít think he should be locked up or charged but I think if Trump tweeted out a picture of a black officer and said ďyouíre nextĒ there would be a different tune about the situation in here


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not if he shot a white girl in the back 4 times.

    Also trump has tweeted out much much worse about people for simply believing different than him.

    Didnít trump make fun of a mentally handicapped person and his followers still loved him after?

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •