Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 475
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,557
    I don't hear about abortion cases across the country. It only comes up during election time.

    When I hear about BLM every other day but at the same time, read up about the skyrocketing black deaths in a black community caused by gang violence but it being conveniently ignored by individuals who support BLM, then there is clearly a huge disconnect as to why I wouldn't support BLM. They are within their right to fight for the issues that they selectively choose. But don't expect or frown upon others who see them as an opportunistic organization rather than one that actually plans on progressing the life of a black person.

    It's not just BLM that refuses to speak about it. It's people on the left who don't want to confront the reality that you are more likely to die by a black person, as a black person, than by a police officer. If police officers were racist, can someone tell me why black women die at a lower rate than white men? Clearly if it were a racial problem, black women (52% of the black population in America) should have comparable rates to black men. At some point, the data doesn't support your theory. So instead of focusing on the root problems such as poor education, drugs, violence, single-parent household, let's focus on a topic that really doesn't improve the life of a black person. 6% of the population (black men) commit nearly 40% of all homicides in America. Why don't we talk about reducing that statistic like ever?

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Yes, everyone's opinion should be counted equally. It's such a dangerous game to suggest otherwise. Do you think during slavery or Jim Crow white people considered the opinions of black people? Hey, do you all want to be slaves or free? Do you all want to vote or nah? You are creating a society in which the loudest voices and only the loudest voices are heard. I understand it because with pop culture and the media it seems like the majority share your opinion. They don't but in creating this type of society, you are opening yourself up for a major downfall.
    Not everyone's opinion should be counted equal. If we are discussing black issues then we should consider their opinion above others'. If we are discussing asian issues then we should consider their opinion above others. If we are considering medical issues we should consider medical professionals opinions above others.

    I strongly disagree with your take.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    16,341
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    How does that help your argument? Lol

    He played when civil rights were at the forefront and he thinks Lebron is a great ambassador for the nba and for black America. His thoughts on Lebron hold more weight than yours or anyone’s on this site.
    How does that help your ****ing argument. Seriously.

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,664
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Not everyone's opinion should be counted equal. If we are discussing black issues then we should consider their opinion above others'. If we are discussing asian issues then we should consider their opinion above others. If we are considering medical issues we should consider medical professionals opinions above others.

    I strongly disagree with your take.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yes, medical professionals opinions should be heavily related regarding medical issues. However, medical issues are typically objective. Will this treatment help cure my medical issues?

    But someone's race does not give their opinion more weight. Furthermore, if we as a society are looking at issues in regards to race, we have already failed. Black issues or asian issues are American issues. Obviously, race plays a role in how one views an issue. But that does not qualify the issue to any degree. We are a nation of laws, not feelings or beliefs.

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    40,700
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Yes, everyone's opinion should be counted equally. It's such a dangerous game to suggest otherwise. Do you think during slavery or Jim Crow white people considered the opinions of black people? Hey, do you all want to be slaves or free? Do you all want to vote or nah? You are creating a society in which the loudest voices and only the loudest voices are heard. I understand it because with pop culture and the media it seems like the majority share your opinion. They don't but in creating this type of society, you are opening yourself up for a major downfall.
    Everyone’s opinion should be valued equally overall, but not everyone’s opinion should be counted equally on everything.

    For example, should I count your opinion equally to a woman’s on what it’s like to give birth?

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Yes, medical professionals opinions should be heavily related regarding medical issues. However, medical issues are typically objective. Will this treatment help cure my medical issues?

    But someone's race does not give their opinion more weight. Furthermore, if we as a society are looking at issues in regards to race, we have already failed. Black issues or asian issues are American issues. Obviously, race plays a role in how one views an issue. But that does not qualify the issue to any degree. We are a nation of laws, not feelings or beliefs.
    If we are considering Californians issues, we should consider Californians opinions more than others.

    If we are considering elders issued we should consider elders opinions more than others.

    If we are considering short people's issues we should consider short peoples opinions more than others.

    This is the normal given approach to ANY group, regardless of how you want to divide it. Why you're saying this doesnt apply to race, I have no idea.

    If the population of america is 3% native American, and we ask Americans to vote on the washington redskins team name to be changed, and 97% of america says no, but the entire native american population says yes, you feel we should just go ahead and roll with the majority?

    Cmon man, this is common sense.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Everyone’s opinion should be valued equally overall, but not everyone’s opinion should be counted equally on everything.

    For example, should I count your opinion equally to a woman’s on what it’s like to give birth?
    Another good example, we should consider women's opinions more regarding any legal procedures regarding birth. It just naturally makes sense.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  8. #173
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,091
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    How does that help your ****ing argument. Seriously.
    I guess I won since you are answering my question with a question. But I explain it to you since your to simple to figure it out. A black man who has lived through the civil rights movement, and has been an ambassador for civil rights through the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s. And looked up to Ambassadors before him, understands the weight, pressures, difficulties in doing so and if he gives Lebron his stamp of approval as an ambassador for the same cause, then it means a lot more than the opinions of two lame —- posters on psd named Ocean Spray and dbroncsinmo. And if you disagree well, I’m not surprised based on the ignorance that has been spewed so far. It would actually make perfect sense if you thought your opinion on the matter was equal to or even trumped that of a man who has experience of being in the same position Bron is in.

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,091
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    If police officers were racist, can someone tell me why black women die at a lower rate than white men? Clearly if it were a racial problem, black women (52% of the black population in America) should have comparable rates to black men.
    This has got to be the dumbest conclusion I’ve ever seen anyone come to based on the statistics presented. Lolololololo. I can’t even get mad at someone who is this idiotic.

    By the way

    These cops disagree with you. They do believe that there are extremely racist cops among us.
    https://youtu.be/0HveFM0Npz0
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 05-07-2021 at 02:17 AM.

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    6% of the population (black men) commit nearly 40% of all homicides in America. Why don't we talk about reducing that statistic like ever?
    Because any time talk comes up about investing resources into these areas to fix them the Republicans cry that people want hand outs and the Democrats veil handouts as strategic community building.

    As the democrat republican chicken vs egg debate continues, the actual.citizens of this country are left dealing with the spinning wheel.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 05-07-2021 at 03:07 AM.

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,664
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Everyone’s opinion should be valued equally overall, but not everyone’s opinion should be counted equally on everything.

    For example, should I count your opinion equally to a woman’s on what it’s like to give birth?
    Obviously, our opinions are less educated in some areas. Ive never given birth so other than to say its a difficult process my knowledge is limited. Ive also never performed open heart surgery. Seems to me this is just a crutch the left uses to try and garner support for their arguments.

    I've also never got an emergency call, rolled up on a scene and seen a teenager wielding a knife forcing me to use lethal force to stop her. Neither has LeBron James. Yet here we are discussing his opinion on the matter. Why should his opinion on this issue or any issue involving police involved killing hold water? Cause of his race? Cause he is one of the best basketball players ever? Cause his opinion typically coincides with yours?

  12. #177
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,664
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    If we are considering Californians issues, we should consider Californians opinions more than others.

    If we are considering elders issued we should consider elders opinions more than others.

    If we are considering short people's issues we should consider short peoples opinions more than others.

    This is the normal given approach to ANY group, regardless of how you want to divide it. Why you're saying this doesnt apply to race, I have no idea.

    If the population of america is 3% native American, and we ask Americans to vote on the washington redskins team name to be changed, and 97% of america says no, but the entire native american population says yes, you feel we should just go ahead and roll with the majority?

    Cmon man, this is common sense.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Obviously individual states have more say in how individual states are run. Just look at the Covid pandemic and how states like Florida and Texas faired in comparison to new york and California. States rights are different from social issues.

    Do you think the redskins changed their names because native Americans had an issue with it? I don't believe so. I think you need to check your evidence on that. Certainly not the entire native American population. Not even the majority to my knowledge.

    The difference is we can all agree certain words or phrases shouldn't be used, especially sports teams. 5-10 years ago, i coached 12-14 year old girls in basketball. Trying to get the girls more involved, i had them help me pick names for our man and zone offenses. My only condition was the man offense start with the letter M and the zone offense with Z. We quickly decided on "monster" for man. With Zone, the girls were throwing around their thoughts- zebra, zoo, etc. One of our black girls suggested the word "zigger" which I'm not even sure is a real word. Anyway, i had to explain to her how it wouldn't be appropriate for a white coach to be yelling that word to his mostly black players from the sidelines. As an adult, i could see how some parents would be offended. Should i have valued her opinion over my own?

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Obviously individual states have more say in how individual states are run. Just look at the Covid pandemic and how states like Florida and Texas faired in comparison to new york and California. States rights are different from social issues.

    Do you think the redskins changed their names because native Americans had an issue with it? I don't believe so. I think you need to check your evidence on that. Certainly not the entire native American population. Not even the majority to my knowledge.

    The difference is we can all agree certain words or phrases shouldn't be used, especially sports teams. 5-10 years ago, i coached 12-14 year old girls in basketball. Trying to get the girls more involved, i had them help me pick names for our man and zone offenses. My only condition was the man offense start with the letter M and the zone offense with Z. We quickly decided on "monster" for man. With Zone, the girls were throwing around their thoughts- zebra, zoo, etc. One of our black girls suggested the word "zigger" which I'm not even sure is a real word. Anyway, i had to explain to her how it wouldn't be appropriate for a white coach to be yelling that word to his mostly black players from the sidelines. As an adult, i could see how some parents would be offended. Should i have valued her opinion over my own?
    Your last paragraph is just stupidity, so I'm gonna go ahead and ignore it.

    As for your earlier point, no they didnt change it because native Americans had an issue with it, they changed it because native americans had an issue with it and the left wing voiced that on their behalf in order to help being change.

    This only helps reinforce why it is that it naturally makes sense that one puts more weight on the opinion of the group being considered above groups not being considered. They shouldnt have needed to have others speak on their behalf.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,664
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Your last paragraph is just stupidity, so I'm gonna go ahead and ignore it.

    As for your earlier point, no they didnt change it because native Americans had an issue with it, they changed it because native americans had an issue with it and the left wing voiced that on their behalf in order to help being change.

    This only helps reinforce why it is that it naturally makes sense that one puts more weight on the opinion of the group being considered above groups not being considered. They shouldnt have needed to have others speak on their behalf.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Was it the majority of native Americans that had an issue with it? When was the vote held to determine this?

    No you had a group of mostly white people putting pressure on the owner. A group of mostly white people believing they know what's best for natives. It's the same thing with black people. It's possible that aunt jamima offended some black people. But many black people weren't offended by it. However, a group consisting mostly of white people fought to get it removed. Just like in the 1920s and 30a when those same white people thought it'd be better to have separate schools and water fountains...weird.

  15. #180
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,359
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Answering a racist demanding you call something out is far different than spamming racism thread to thread.

    You aren’t racist because you think that it is because of the extreme double standards/hypocrisy you take to attack him for it like you have.

    You still won’t answer why


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I didn't demand anything, you're not capable of understanding what I said because of your own ignorance.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •