Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 154

Thread: Julio Jones

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,558

    Julio Jones

    I mean if Julio Jones does end up on the trading block then where does Julio end up? Or who would be the best fit for him?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    18,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I mean if Julio Jones does end up on the trading block then where does Julio end up? Or who would be the best fit for him?
    There have been several reports that the Raiders have been in on Julio Jones. This includes Raiders beat reporters and a few non Raiders reporters as well. Under Gruden Raiders have had no issues trading for WRs. Could see it happen again.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,558
    Other fits for Julio Jones as far as potential trade destinations:

    1- Los Angeles Chargers
    2- Jacksonville Jaguars
    3- San Francisco 49ers
    4- Baltimore Ravens

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,558
    There is also Green Bay Packers too especially if you wanna keep Aaron Rodgers happy but is that even possible

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    34,991
    If he is available, I think NE should get heavily involved. You look at their roster and other than the question mark at QB (which is a huge question mark, I understand) I feel like WR is the one spot you'd call weak. Agholor is a weak #1 and Meyers/Bourne are a weak #2/#3 combo. You add Julio Jones and that picture dramatically shifts. A top shelf outside WR is really the one thing they're missing from having a damn near ideal supporting cast around their QB, IMO.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,558
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    If he is available, I think NE should get heavily involved. You look at their roster and other than the question mark at QB (which is a huge question mark, I understand) I feel like WR is the one spot you'd call weak. Agholor is a weak #1 and Meyers/Bourne are a weak #2/#3 combo. You add Julio Jones and that picture dramatically shifts. A top shelf outside WR is really the one thing they're missing from having a damn near ideal supporting cast around their QB, IMO.

    Julio to New England is actually ideal

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Julio to New England is actually ideal
    I feel like that's only a possibility if the Falcons give him away for cheap. He's 32, I can't imagine BB giving up a lot for a guy who could drop off any year now.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,706
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    If he is available, I think NE should get heavily involved. You look at their roster and other than the question mark at QB (which is a huge question mark, I understand) I feel like WR is the one spot you'd call weak. Agholor is a weak #1 and Meyers/Bourne are a weak #2/#3 combo. You add Julio Jones and that picture dramatically shifts. A top shelf outside WR is really the one thing they're missing from having a damn near ideal supporting cast around their QB, IMO.
    NE is not a playoff team so trading for a 32 year old receiver with a big cap hit doesn't make sense.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    NE is not a playoff team so trading for a 32 year old receiver with a big cap hit doesn't make sense.
    I can see the Patriots making the playoffs. Likely as one of the last wild cards but at this point I donít see how you can say theyíre 100% not a playoff team. Theyíll have a good to great defense and should have a very strong run game. That along can get a team with not so great QB play to the playoffs.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,577
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I feel like that's only a possibility if the Falcons give him away for cheap. He's 32, I can't imagine BB giving up a lot for a guy who could drop off any year now.
    I mean it depends on how many teams get involved. But generally speaking a 32 year old aging WR with a big contract isnít going to command a ďtonĒ of assets.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    34,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    NE is not a playoff team so trading for a 32 year old receiver with a big cap hit doesn't make sense.
    They werenít a playoff team last year but they were 7-9 which isnít terrible. When youíre in the middle ground like that you usually have to decide between trying to improve from there to get into the playoffs, or taking a step back to rebuild. Itís clear they chose the former so adding good players is how you add wins. And having just drafted a rookie wage scale QB that afford you the opportunity to be more financially aggressive in other areas while you add that talent. Maybe you disagree with that, but itís the organizational direction theyíve chosen.

    I also think his cap numbers are fairly manageable. I believe something like $15M this year then like $14M the next two. And none of that would be guaranteed. His Atlanta cap number is inflated by $5M of signing bonus proration in each of the next 3 seasons - that wonít move with him to a new team of traded.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    42,845
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    They werenít a playoff team last year but they were 7-9 which isnít terrible. When youíre in the middle ground like that you usually have to decide between trying to improve from there to get into the playoffs, or taking a step back to rebuild. Itís clear they chose the former so adding good players is how you add wins. And having just drafted a rookie wage scale QB that afford you the opportunity to be more financially aggressive in other areas while you add that talent. Maybe you disagree with that, but itís the organizational direction theyíve chosen.

    I also think his cap numbers are fairly manageable. I believe something like $15M this year then like $14M the next two. And none of that would be guaranteed. His Atlanta cap number is inflated by $5M of signing bonus proration in each of the next 3 seasons - that wonít move with him to a new team of traded.
    With the offseason they had and if they can manage Jones against the cap, I absolutely think NE should go for Jones.

    Bills should be good and Miami should be better but that division isnít locked up by any means. NE should go for it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    34,991
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    With the offseason they had and if they can manage Jones against the cap, I absolutely think NE should go for Jones.

    Bills should be good and Miami should be better but that division isnít locked up by any means. NE should go for it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I mean, you go position by position and theyíve built one hell of a roster in one off-season. Itís tough because they still have uncertainty at the most important position unless Cam turns back the clock and/or Mac Jones can be an effective day 1 starters, but beyond that I only see a few weaknesses, and many of them are depth rather than starters:

    1) The top of the WR depth chart is weak. Agholor/Meyers/Bourne are all good enough to be top 3 WRs (especially on a team that will play heavy 12 personnel). But none are #1 WRs and unless Agholor duplicates last year Iíd argue itís a stretch to call any of them great #2 options. Julio instantly addresses that lack of a #1 WR and pushing everyone else down a notch on the depth chart changes the outlook.

    2) We donít have an every down, dual threat runner. Harris/Michel is a very solid 1-2 punch for first and second down, but no passing game value. White is a great third down back but not an effective runner. Itís not a bad or empty depth chart but it lacks someone you feel great about at the top of it.

    3) They donít have a bonafide starting ILB next to Hightower. And even he is coming back from an opt out. They do have the depth at Strong Safety and EDGE though to enable moving players at those spots (Adrian Phillips, Kyle Dugger, Kyle Van Noy) to an ILB role without being left empty handed at their natural spots. So I think this is mitigated somewhat.

    4) Depth at OT where they have two injury prone starters in Wynn and Brown. Justin Herron showed solid promise as a rookie to be a swing tackle and Karras is a great interior backup which would enable moving Onwenu from LG back to RT if needed. So even this is mitigated somewhat, but itís a premium position and in the not-unrealistic scenario that both starters are out itís a bleak picture here. Itís just a depth need as opposed to starting level talent deficiency but itís still a concern.

    5) Same issue at outside CB where Gilmore and Jackson are an elite starting duo but thereís no depth behind them. Luckily that spot isnít especially injury prone like OT but even so, an injury to a starter here would really, really hurt.

    6) We donít really have a true second deep FS if we want to go cover 2 or if god forbid Devin McCourty goes down. Jon Jones can move from slot here and play it well enough though, and Myles Bryant is potentially capable of playing the slot. So again, somewhat mitigated.

    Outside of the QB questions, thatís really it for me as far as holes. And Iíd say #3-6 up there are nitpicks about depth. You always want to have depth everywhere but thatís really not practical. Youíre always going to have some spots where if thereís injuries you kind of just have to charge it to the game. Canít have contingency plans for everything.

    So yeah, if you can add Julio in a post June 2nd trade, if thatís even an option, I feel like theyíd have done damn near everything they could possibly do to have as ideal a situation around the QB.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    13,049
    My teams he could end up in order

    1)Tampa Bay Because of Brady and Gronk plus Tampa coming off a SB win could entice him

    2) Las Vegas Playing for an AFC team especially out west could be a nice change of scenery

    3) Baltimore Jones could give the Ravens help on offense to claim the AFC North against Pittsburgh and Cleveland.

    4)WFT Team has a good chance winning NFC East next year which could mean the Playoffs again

    5) New England One Name Belichick
    Last edited by BSF101; 05-03-2021 at 05:50 PM.


    Vince to Gronk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,558
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    My teams he could end up in order

    1)Tampa Bay Because of Brady and Gronk plus Tampa coming off a SB win could entice him

    2) Las Vegas Playing for an AFC team especially out west could be a nice change of scenery

    3) Baltimore Jones could give the Ravens help on offense to claim the AFC North against Pittsburgh and Cleveland.

    4)WFT Team has a good chance winning NFC East next year which could mean the Playoffs again

    5) New England One Name Belichick

    Out of your 5 choices I can see New England, Baltimore or Vegas but even then the best fit for Julio right now would be New England if you narrow it down

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •