Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Julio Jones

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Why would they do that?
    Who said they would?

But also reports have been the Packers would rather Rodgers retire than trade him.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Who said they would?

But also reports have been the Packers would rather Rodgers retire than trade him.
    I understand the spite however can you imagine the haul they could get for Aaron Rodgers? They could pretty much ask for anything they want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I understand the spite however can you imagine the haul they could get for Aaron Rodgers? They could pretty much ask for anything they want.

Eh, I wonder tbh. He's pushing 40, has attitude problems, and his collarbone is made of glass at this point. He'll certainly bring in a haul, but there's definitely a limit.

Eh, I wonder tbh. He's pushing 40, has attitude problems, and his collarbone is made of glass at this point. He'll certainly bring in a haul, but there's definitely a limit.
    Even at his age that limit would be pretty high. Especially to a team like Denver. How much would you be willing to give up for a super bowl, possibly multiple super bowl appearances? My guess is that Denver would give up A LOT!

Even at his age that limit would be pretty high. Especially to a team like Denver. How much would you be willing to give up for a super bowl, possibly multiple super bowl appearances? My guess is that Denver would give up A LOT!

I get that, but in a division with Mahomes and Herbert and a conference with the Bills and Ravens, I'm not sure how much I gamble on one player to take a non-playoff team to a SB win within 2 years.

Yeah why would Brady and Manning to to stacked teams poised for a SB run.

That totally means Julio will go to losing-record teams.
    I was just saying fans of those guys thought they would never leave the teams that drafted them.

[The Falcoholic] Were looking at two new reports this morning about Julio Jones, with @JeffSchultzATL reporting that the team is still hoping to create a market and eventually a deal to move #11, and @AlbertBreer suggesting theres no current movement

Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

[The Falcoholic] Were looking at two new reports this morning about Julio Jones, with @JeffSchultzATL reporting that the team is still hoping to create a market and eventually a deal to move #11, and @AlbertBreer suggesting theres no current movement
    I can't imagine why they'd draft Pitts at #4, keep Ryan, and then NOT keep Julio. That makes no sense. The Pitts selection screamed denial that the Ryan/Julio era was over and they were gonna try to make one last run with new coaching.

Any team who trades for him is getting a 32 year old WR who they have to pay 15M in 2021. The market can't be that strong just based on the fact that there's like 5 teams who can pull that off without signing him to an extension to spread the cap hit.

I can't imagine why they'd draft Pitts at #4, keep Ryan, and then NOT keep Julio. That makes no sense. The Pitts selection screamed denial that the Ryan/Julio era was over and they were gonna try to make one last run with new coaching.

Any team who trades for him is getting a 32 year old WR who they have to pay 15M in 2021. The market can't be that strong just based on the fact that there's like 5 teams who can pull that off without signing him to an extension to spread the cap hit.
    Generally agree, but I can see thinking they need to thin out the targets. Kinda like the Bills dumped John Brown because with Diggs they just didn't need him anymore.

But, Atlanta hung on to Roddy White for a while when Julio needed more targets, so I expect Atlanta will do that again.

The flipside is if Atlanta wants to get rid of him in a season or w/e but thinks he'll have less value then (due to less targets in 2021) moving him now for more vs then for less makes sense.

People keep talking about the Julio-Ridley-Pitts combo like ok? What happens next year then?

We have no money to pay Ridley once his 5th year option is up so he leaves then we're stuck with 33 year old injury prone Julio and Pitts vs. 27 year old Ridley and Pitts.

We need to create money to compete for 2022 and beyond but everyone is so short sighted on one quote from the FO about winning now. No **** they would say that - they're not gonna openly admit to rebuilding because that signals you're not going to try and compete.
    Last edited by Bullseyed; 05-20-2021 at 03:37 PM.

Sticking to traditions:

-Scott van Pelt

https://twitter.com/mikestarkey2/sta...504125961?s=21

Its happening Cowboys fans

Julio for Cooper? Id do that deal.

Julio for Cooper? Id do that deal.

You'd trade a 26 year old 2nd tier WR for an 32 year old elite WR at the end of his career? That's a horrible trade.

You'd trade a 26 year old 2nd tier WR for an 32 year old elite WR at the end of his career? That's a horrible trade.
    Can Julio even be considered elite anymore? He is too much of an injury and age risk at this point in his career to trade for his contract imo.

Unless he can be had for a 3rd rounder or something, I would not do it.

At $9M less per season and for 1 fewer season? Yea Id trade the younger (and more expensive) Cooper for Julio Jones. The trade would then allow the Cowboys to keep Gallup.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast