Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Rodgers trade

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    this is from profootballtalk about if Rodgers can opt out for the season.
    The facts are correct but I don't fully agree with his last assertion. Basically, if Rodgers opts out, we're in the same spot we were in right now. There's alot of reasons he wasn't traded, but one of the reasons was it didn't make sense financially to trade him before June 1st. That would still be the case next year. So you're looking at a post June 1st trade, which makes draft picks a little tricky.

And then it does sort of depend on how love plays. If Love is great, then the Packers probably trade Rodgers no matter what and the opt out makes sense. If Love stinks or is even just mediocre, there's a real chance the Packers hold firm and say they aren't trading Rodgers, basically forcing him to go through this whole charade again next year.

I read a report that said its unlikely he opts out. I would tend to agree with that. While he doesnt lose any money if he opts out, it just kicks the can down the road to where he could lose money next year and could basically force him to sit out for 2 years instead of 1. It just doesn't seem to make any sense for Rodgers to opt out unless he legit is considering being done playing football for good.

just to add a little more Schefter is still sunk in that there is going to be a divorce between the Packers and Rodgers, Murphy was asked a question about it and he said there was no update right now, AJ Hawk said he spent a lot of time with Rodgers this last week and fully expects him to be back in Green Bay for Training Camp.

I think Rodgers will play for the Packers this year, and the fans at Lambeau may not be so kind to him, then he will be traded at draft time to the highest bidder.

No chance he gets treated poorly at Lambeau. He's our best chance of winning now and he's still one of the 5 best players in the game. You domt boo that guy when he's wearing your uniform. If he leaves and has to play here as a visitor, he deserves the boos. But if he's wearing the G, fans should support him.

If you believe Schefter's tweet from today, which I am really not believing his schtick anymore, the Packers offered Rodgers a year extension on top of his current contract with more money making him the highest paid QB and he turned it down.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    If you believe Schefter's tweet from today, which I am really not believing his schtick anymore, the Packers offered Rodgers a year extension on top of his current contract with more money making him the highest paid QB and he turned it down.
    Who cares!! Honestly !! Rodgers said this at the beginning itís not all about money. This isnít shocking news.

Plus it says the off-season so when was it offered? What wasnít in there that Rodgers wanted?

Just get this crap over with itís all we are going to hear this year. Freaking dramaÖ

I may be in the minority here, but I think Rodgers sits out the season if it comes down to it.

Sounds like this whole thing is tanking negotiations with Adams too.

If we lose those two guys, this team will be a mess.

I actually agree with this. Weíre ****ed lol!

Apparently Vegas pulled betting on Packers win totals yesterday, their bracing for Rodgers retiring next week.

Apparently Rodgers said they must bring back Cobb also ?

Yea, it's all very wierd. Cobb is a bad fit for this team on a bad contract. But whatever.

At the end of the day, as most predicted, it appears Rodgers will be back this year and there's a very strong chance he's traded next year. That has always felt like the most likely outcome. At this point, let's hope we can win a ring and that both Denver and Vegas get poor qb play that results in them getting a fairly high pick.

Seems like a good outcome for the Packers. Not really sure what the benefit is from Rodgers side, until we see what all the concessions are.

Rodgers was essentially playing on a 1 year deal due to the cap hit and now after all this he is playing on essentially a one year deal. Now green bay can move money into this void year to create cap space, can keep developing Love, and make another decision on Rodgers next year. It seems like what Gute wanted all along, but now has additional benefits with cap space.

The Cobb thing makes zero sense. If Houston ate some money I guess it's OK. I would think Amari Rodgers could be as good as Cobb next season.

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    Seems like a good outcome for the Packers. Not really sure what the benefit is from Rodgers side, until we see what all the concessions are.

Rodgers was essentially playing on a 1 year deal due to the cap hit and now after all this he is playing on essentially a one year deal. Now green bay can move money into this void year to create cap space, can keep developing Love, and make another decision on Rodgers next year. It seems like what Gute wanted all along, but now has additional benefits with cap space.

The Cobb thing makes zero sense. If Houston ate some money I guess it's OK. I would think Amari Rodgers could be as good as Cobb next season.
    I think the biggest concession Rodgers got was voiding the final year of his deal and getting the no tag agreement. Basically forces the Packers to trade him next year or risk losing him for nothing. I think the Packers were probably going to do that anyway, but this at least makes it a little more urgent.

But yea, Rodgers had virtually zero leverage outside of actually holding out or retiring. So him returning was almost always going to favor the team.

Is Cobb > funchess? Different types of wr but honestly I think so!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast