Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Rodgers trade

I think Cobb will be a good mentor for Amari Rodgers so I definitely donít hate it plus Rodgers loves him too.

i think Cobb makes the WR's better. lot's a chaff on the bottom part of the WR core. not sure where the money is coming from. a 4th rounder would be a high cost, i think a 5th is right. have not seen anything so far.

I think the whole Cobb thing is it gives Rodgers his safety net back. Adams is always going to be target one but, Cobb is the guy that if Rodgers target 1 or 2 aren't there he knows he can always count on Cobb.

I mean look at it Cobb never really was a "star" receiver he was always a good 2/3 guy

It is also being talked about that any trade to bring Cobb back is contingent on the Texans reworking his contract

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Is Cobb > funchess? Different types of wr but honestly I think so!
    To me, funchess was unlikely to make the team anyways though.

The better question is whether he's better than Amari or Lazard. Because those are the guys he's taking snaps from. And I'm not sure he is much better. Maybe a little better, but with our cap situation this year and next, even if we deal Rodgers, every dollar counts. Not sure Cobb is worth even a reworked contract.

And the safety net thing can be a blessing or a curse. In his final year with Jordy, AR seemed to force balls to jordy that he should have gone elsewhere with. Adams hadn't really broken out yet, but by that time it was clear he had upside and was significangly more athletic than Jordy, so he should have been the guy you're throwing 50/50 balls to. I do have some worry that having his safety net back will just mean when in doubt, hell force balls to Cobb instead of taking a chance to better athletes who are bigger threats with the ball like MVS or Amari.

I thought Rodgers press conference was impressive. I was surprised at how candid he was and he didn't really walk around any questions.

All in all, he hasn't been asking for much. Seems like Gute and Murphy could have played this a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    I thought Rodgers press conference was impressive. I was surprised at how candid he was and he didn't really walk around any questions.

All in all, he hasn't been asking for much. Seems like Gute and Murphy could have played this a little better.
    seemed to me he cast a lot of shade on the legacy of Ted Thompson.

I found his press conference to be very puke worthy. Heís acting like a woman. Crying about all the guys we let go as if we won anything note worthy with those guys. Dude doesnít understand itís a business and people come and go. He made it seem more about friendships more than anything. Heís a smug prick and now all the pressure is on his shoulders now.

Yea, it was really annoying to me as well. He's *****ing about guys who were let go and disrespected. Acting like he'd make a great GM and that he'd never make a mistake.

Look at the list of guys he mentioned. If we brought back James Jones in 2014, there's a good chance we don't draft davante adams. Jones went to Oakland and went for 666 yards and 6 tds on an absurd 120 targets. Then came back to GB for a year and never played again.

TJ Lang had a decent first year in detriot, but was banged up like he finished his career in GB and then played a total of 19 games in 2 years post GB before retiring. Clay played one more year after being let go and didnt make a Tema last year and is unsigned yet today. Jordy played one year and retired. Peppers had a good first year in Carolina, then had a bad 2nd year and retired. John Kuhn never played again. Brian Bulaga only played 10 games last year and Turner was basically just as good as him last year for half the cost. Plus there's almost no way Bak gets his extension if BB is back.

It seemed very childish what he did and half the list he's complaining about stunk. Plus his insistence on Cobb being back and Kumerow being good just shows how biased and blinded by the guys he likes he actually is. I don't know what he thinks he accomplished today, but complaining about losing players who mostly fell off a cliff soon after leaving here isn't a great look.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Yea, it was really annoying to me as well. He's *****ing about guys who were let go and disrespected. Acting like he'd make a great GM and that he'd never make a mistake.

Look at the list of guys he mentioned. If we brought back James Jones in 2014, there's a good chance we don't draft davante adams. Jones went to Oakland and went for 666 yards and 6 tds on an absurd 120 targets. Then came back to GB for a year and never played again.

TJ Lang had a decent first year in detriot, but was banged up like he finished his career in GB and then played a total of 19 games in 2 years post GB before retiring. Clay played one more year after being let go and didnt make a Tema last year and is unsigned yet today. Jordy played one year and retired. Peppers had a good first year in Carolina, then had a bad 2nd year and retired. John Kuhn never played again. Brian Bulaga only played 10 games last year and Turner was basically just as good as him last year for half the cost. Plus there's almost no way Bak gets his extension if BB is back.

It seemed very childish what he did and half the list he's complaining about stunk. Plus his insistence on Cobb being back and Kumerow being good just shows how biased and blinded by the guys he likes he actually is. I don't know what he thinks he accomplished today, but complaining about losing players who mostly fell off a cliff soon after leaving here isn't a great look.
    I've been saying this this entire time IRL, but you've done it so much better and more eloquently than I could because I didn't have actual stats. Bottom Line: Aaron is complaining because he wants to be baby GM, but as a baby GM he sucks and would have tanked this team.

Probably a bad take, but I seriously wonder how much of this is due to Bradyís success in TB and how it seemed the front office just kind of handed him the keys when he arrived. What if this is Rodgersí answer to not taking pay cuts like Brady? He was never asked. Never brought in and given the opportunity to restructure to either keep a player or sign a FA.

Iíve seen the debate about the pros and cons of letting a franchise player do more than just play, not every team, not every player, every QB, but that small number of guys playing, I think you do, and Rodgers is one that I think should have been given that but I donít truly know how good of a teammate and/or person he is.

Quote Originally Posted by MFNkingAC View Post
    Probably a bad take, but I seriously wonder how much of this is due to Bradyís success in TB and how it seemed the front office just kind of handed him the keys when he arrived. What if this is Rodgersí answer to not taking pay cuts like Brady? He was never asked. Never brought in and given the opportunity to restructure to either keep a player or sign a FA.

Iíve seen the debate about the pros and cons of letting a franchise player do more than just play, not every team, not every player, every QB, but that small number of guys playing, I think you do, and Rodgers is one that I think should have been given that but I donít truly know how good of a teammate and/or person he is.
    The Brady stuff for sure has something to do with it. Problem is the Bucs didn't win because they brought in Gronk and AB. The Bucs won becuase they already had a borderline playoff roster despite having a guy at qb who may not even beat out taysom hill. They also were bad enough at qb the year before that they had an early pick in one of the deepest OT drafts in recent memory and were able to get an instant upgrade at a position of weakness by trading up a few spots to take that OT. They ready had a really good defense and gst a next step out of Davis and White.

And quite frankly, this could be considered excuses, but they also won because David Bakhtiari tore his acl in December. And becuase the Chiefs lost their top two tackles to injury as well. If either of those teams are healthy, I think Tampa comes up short.

And the other side is Brady found the perfect situation. A young team that needs a qb a. D has some money to spend. But the fact of the matter is a few of the core peices, like Evans, White, Vea and Wirfs are all guys they Packers never had a chance at because Tampa was consistently picking well. Before GB.

And maybe thats where GB went wrong. Maybe they should have consulted Rodgers on a few things. As much as I hate to say it, because it's a bad team building tactic, maybe you keep kumerow over Taylor. It's probably somewhat inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, but maybe it's small moves like that. Maybe you consult him in FA and at least bring a few of his guys to town publically and give a somewhat low ball offer to them so you can say you tried. Perhaps a guy or two takes a lower offer to play with Rodgers.

Like I said, I think that's all dumb, but maybe they should have just stroked his ego more. Problem is its tough to say how much is too much. Jordy is a great example. He forced the balm to jordy his last year. If he had a chance to throw a 50/50 ball to jordy or adams, he picked jordy. So what happens if you bring back jordy on a cheap deal to appease Rodgers? Well, it might stunt adams development. That's part of the challenge.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678