Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodgers trade

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Not necessarily, even though both teams denied any discussion. Some of the hypothetical from work from most reports had it as they were prepared to offer No. 3 overall picks, quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, other players, plus draft picks to the Green Bay Packers for quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Who knows who the other player/s could have been, but I would imagine that any discussion would include Brandon Aiyuk or Deebo. No way around that. Also, any real discussion in no way has Jimmy G in them as they would have been a cap nightmare. The inclusion of Jimmy G was the reason I knew no real discussions occurred given our cap. In that hypothetical, it would have been far more than Pitts for Rodgers. On the contrary here you'd then have Pitts, Aiyuk/Deebo, maybe another player, and a stable of 2nd and 3rd round picks. I'd imagine they would push to bring up the name Javon Kinlaw as well. If any of that could have been on the table I think they would at least have gotten some attention. I think the Niners are officially out of the running for Rodgers. Any chance SF had to get Rodgers went out the door draft night. But it was also pretty clear they were not dealing Rodgers on the draft night either. So it will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Again, sticking strictly to hypothetical here. The only way Rodgers heads west at this point remains Denver and LV. Then there are your long shots, probably a bit of lazy journalism, but odd chance there could be something worked out sending him to Houston or Seattle. Both of those long shots, but if both teams wanted to make it work they could make it work. I don't think Rodgers would be completely against to re-uniting with Randall Cobb. But at this point, there is nothing to that speculation.

Also, if there is any chance of Rodgers being dealt I don't think anyone could write off Miami or the Jets who have a stable to draft picks. The media seems to keep covering this like Rodgers has some kind of say in where he goes. I'm almost confident they don't deal with him in the conference in any scenario. The only motivation the Packers may have to deal him west is to hopefully prevent him two years from now hitting the free-agent market and coming back into the North. I find it far more likely if they dealt him East after two years he signs somewhere west. That all being said I'll believe this is speculation until either 1. Rodgers retires/holds out 2. Rodgers is in another uniform.
    So Aiyuk and Pitts plus day 2 picks for Rodgers. Give me pick 9, Juedy and more first any day. To me, San Fran was unlikely anyway, but they would have been much more likely if they wouldn't have traded to 3. Even from a selling point, you need a bunch of firsts not 1 first and some other picks.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    So Aiyuk and Pitts plus day 2 picks for Rodgers. Give me pick 9, Juedy and more first any day. To me, San Fran was unlikely anyway, but they would have been much more likely if they wouldn't have traded to 3. Even from a selling point, you need a bunch of firsts not 1 first and some other picks.
    No, I was saying Pitts, Aiyuk, Kinlaw (or another marketable player), plus day 2 picks. You're getting a 2021 1st, and 2 2020 first, and extra picks. Pitts easily would have been better than anyone we would have gotten at 9. You would have gotten presumably 4 years of Aiyuk/Kinlaw and 5 of Pitts. Then a haul of day 2 picks. If there was a draft-day trade and I had to choose Aiyuk looked like the far more polished player last season. Aiyuk had at times equally spotty QB play and managed to haul in 62% of his passed. Aiyuk would be an excellent system fit. That all being said this who point is moot as there is zero chance this occurs.

I would take what I saw from Aiyuk over Jeudy all day. The only significant statistical category Jeudy had some edge on was yards. I'm skeptical of Jeudy who hauled in only 46%. Unless you're taking the LV game as a sign of things to come. I get he can shake the drops and grow. I don't think you can justify surrounding your young QB with a guy who is hauling in only 46%. He was 50/50 or worse all season long.

However, I really would hate any package with Denver that had one of their WRs in it. Hamler is moot, I think you could argue we have a close enough player in Amari. Sutton is a free agent. Jeudy to me has questions. If we getting a weapon from Denver the Packers need to be of the mindset of Noah Fant or no deal. Sure Jeudy has "potential" At this point, the smarter demand's around Fant. At this point too Denver if the list and the Packers take that into consideration if they decide to trade him. Denver is most logical. I'm struggling to see a suitable package with the Raiders, I can't see Carr being a major draw, because if you're moving Rodgers, then you're trusting Love. Only one player could see as a maybe and that's Henry Ruggs, but with us adding Amari Rodgers the question would be how much more would you value Ruggs vs. Amari Rodgers?

Sounds like Rodgers is as good as gone to me. If he doesnít want to come back we should just trade him to the Broncos for Chubb, on of their young Wrs and some picks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    Sounds like Rodgers is as good as gone to me. If he doesnít want to come back we should just trade him to the Broncos for Chubb, on of their young Wrs and some picks
    today, May 5th, we are hearing stories that Rodgers was potentially tampering or telling free agents im not staying DESPITE my contractual obligations. how does any beat writer not report that last year or this year? how does the organization keep that quiet? the business side of me says take the deal, get max value move on. the now this is personnel side says hold Aaron to his contract and if he retires go after the max value you can for him breaking his obligation.

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    today, May 5th, we are hearing stories that Rodgers was potentially tampering or telling free agents im not staying DESPITE my contractual obligations. how does any beat writer not report that last year or this year? how does the organization keep that quiet? the business side of me says take the deal, get max value move on. the now this is personnel side says hold Aaron to his contract and if he retires go after the max value you can for him breaking his obligation.
    there are a lot of people doubting this report because if he was telling potential free agents not to sign with green bay why would he not do the same for players like DBakh, Aaron Jones, Kenny Clark, etc. Clark and Jones would have made bank this offseason had they went some where else. DBakh because of the injury might have gotten a little less but, still a sizable sum.

The more I think about this whole situation the more I want us to move on from Rodgers. We really canít keep him now. We canít trust heís going to go out and give it his all this upcoming season. We all saw what he did when he was unhappy with MM. The only way to fix it is to fire Gute and give Rodgers a new contract that would continue to handicap this team from signing/resigning good players. I say trade him and get why you can get.

Mike Clemens
    @MikeClemensNFL
    Former #Packers John Kuhn tells
    @CBSSportsRadio
    he's spoken to
    @AaronRodgers12
    this week. "At age 37 he's hoping to insure his career in GB DOES get to 40. He's seen what's happened to other QB's. It may take drastic measures to get there." Still a chance he stays? "Absolutely!"
    take that for what you will

Rodgers isnít going anywhere. He either plays for us or he retires. End of story.

Also if it takes firing Gute to get things back under control then fine!

Letís get this over with

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    No, I was saying Pitts, Aiyuk, Kinlaw (or another marketable player), plus day 2 picks. You're getting a 2021 1st, and 2 2020 first, and extra picks. Pitts easily would have been better than anyone we would have gotten at 9. You would have gotten presumably 4 years of Aiyuk/Kinlaw and 5 of Pitts. Then a haul of day 2 picks. If there was a draft-day trade and I had to choose Aiyuk looked like the far more polished player last season. Aiyuk had at times equally spotty QB play and managed to haul in 62% of his passed. Aiyuk would be an excellent system fit. That all being said this who point is moot as there is zero chance this occurs.

I would take what I saw from Aiyuk over Jeudy all day. The only significant statistical category Jeudy had some edge on was yards. I'm skeptical of Jeudy who hauled in only 46%. Unless you're taking the LV game as a sign of things to come. I get he can shake the drops and grow. I don't think you can justify surrounding your young QB with a guy who is hauling in only 46%. He was 50/50 or worse all season long.

However, I really would hate any package with Denver that had one of their WRs in it. Hamler is moot, I think you could argue we have a close enough player in Amari. Sutton is a free agent. Jeudy to me has questions. If we getting a weapon from Denver the Packers need to be of the mindset of Noah Fant or no deal. Sure Jeudy has "potential" At this point, the smarter demand's around Fant. At this point too Denver if the list and the Packers take that into consideration if they decide to trade him. Denver is most logical. I'm struggling to see a suitable package with the Raiders, I can't see Carr being a major draw, because if you're moving Rodgers, then you're trusting Love. Only one player could see as a maybe and that's Henry Ruggs, but with us adding Amari Rodgers the question would be how much more would you value Ruggs vs. Amari Rodgers?
    One thing I'll say though that's a super unpopular opinion and I get that. I didn't love Pitts as much as everyone else. Don't get me wrong, I think he's super talented and hell be a really good player, but to justify a top 5 pick on a tight end, he needs to be transcendent. And I'm not sure he's that. I know I'm probably wrong on that, but to me, Pitts is more likely Darren Waller than Kittle or Kelce. So that probably plays a part in my opinion.

Kinkaw is fine but wasnt great. I was the one of the higher ones on this forum on Aiyuk last year and I still like him a bunch. But he's still more WR2 for me than a stud. I could be very wrong on that too. So in sure that's part of my reasoning that it feels underwhelming.

As for Juedy, I'm not sure he's a #1 either, but I'm not holding his rookie year against him. I've never been a huge fan of catch rate cuz so much goes into it. Jeudy had like the 8th worst off target rate of any WR and his adot was like 4-5 yards more per target. And all of that plays in. I haven't truly studied the two, but I would probably but them close and wouldn't be shocked if the Packers like jeudy more.

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Rodgers isnít going anywhere. He either plays for us or he retires. End of story.

Also if it takes firing Gute to get things back under control then fine!

Letís get this over with
    Im not saying don't choose Rodgers over Gute, but that is a dangerous precident to set. It may not be overly easy to find quality GM talent if you demonstrate that you're willing to allow players to dictate the employment status of the front office. I know this could be a one time thing, but that's not going to be an easy to sell to future leaders, especially talented ones that may have options.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    The more I think about this whole situation the more I want us to move on from Rodgers. We really canít keep him now. We canít trust heís going to go out and give it his all this upcoming season. We all saw what he did when he was unhappy with MM. The only way to fix it is to fire Gute and give Rodgers a new contract that would continue to handicap this team from signing/resigning good players. I say trade him and get why you can get.
    Idk. I don't think he was happy with management last year. But he doesn't seem to have an issue with coaches or players at all. I find it hard to think he's going to phone it in if he plays.

It all comes down to what the actual "acceptable" solution Rodgers would accept. If he wants a new deal and wants us to get rid of Love, that's doable in my mind. It's not ideal, but I think he's good enough and this team is prepared to win immediately enough that it would be worth it to basically say Arod is our qb for 3 years.

If the solution is that Gute needs to be fired and Rodgers feels like he needs to be consulted on roster construction and who's in charge of management, then I think it's alot harder to fully commit to that.

I don't know which of those is the case and I don't think anyone in the media really knows. You'd like to think if it was case 1, then things could have been settled prior to the media being involved and prior to the draft. But it clearly wasn't so it makes you wonder if case 2 is what he really wants.

One tiny, but possibly underrated detail is that schefter admitted on the Dan Patrick show today that he's been sitting on this Rodgers stuff for awhile and decided on his own to release it draft day. Rodgers is a super vindictive person, that it's possible schefty actually turns into the bad guy here for releasing the details (even if they are entirely true details) and that's the "save face" when both sides agree to a solution to keep Rodgers in GB.

Anyone who listened to Rodgers on McAfee's show last year knows he's not a big fan of the media, especially the big media guys like ESPN and those types. So Rodgers getting to save F those guys and their ******** reporting, even if it actually isn't ********, is something I dont put past him.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 05-06-2021 at 01:42 PM.

One tiny, but possibly underrated detail is that schefter admitted on the Dan Patrick show today that he's been sitting on this Rodgers stuff for awhile and decided on his own to release it draft day. Rodgers is a super vindictive person, that it's possible schefty actually turns into the bad guy here for releasing the details (even if they are entirely true details) and that's the "save face" when both sides agree to a solution to keep Rodgers in GB.

Anyone who listened to Rodgers on McAfee's show last year knows he's not a big fan of the media, especially the big media guys like ESPN and those types. So Rodgers getting to save F those guys and their ******** reporting, even if it actually isn't ********, is something I dont put past him.

I think thatís somewhat believable as is this interview from Kuhn. He doesnít strike me as a dude that would give you a puff piece or sugar coat ****..

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...rs-690223.html

Quote Originally Posted by JayZee1981 View Post
    I think thatís somewhat believable as is this interview from Kuhn. He doesnít strike me as a dude that would give you a puff piece or sugar coat ****..

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...rs-690223.html
    What John Kuhn said matches what AJ Hawk and James Jones said today. I frankly have more stock in what they say than most of these reports. Again hearing those close to Rodgers indicates there is some issues, but nothing to the extent that has been reported. JJ and AJ today really sounded like Rodgers I very much open to staying in Green Bay and wants to win here. The issues according to those two are resolvable.

Idk. I don't think he was happy with management last year. But he doesn't seem to have an issue with coaches or players at all. I find it hard to think he's going to phone it in if he plays.

It all comes down to what the actual "acceptable" solution Rodgers would accept. If he wants a new deal and wants us to get rid of Love, that's doable in my mind. It's not ideal, but I think he's good enough and this team is prepared to win immediately enough that it would be worth it to basically say Arod is our qb for 3 years.

If the solution is that Gute needs to be fired and Rodgers feels like he needs to be consulted on roster construction and who's in charge of management, then I think it's alot harder to fully commit to that.

I don't know which of those is the case and I don't think anyone in the media really knows. You'd like to think if it was case 1, then things could have been settled prior to the media being involved and prior to the draft. But it clearly wasn't so it makes you wonder if case 2 is what he really wants.
    If they get rid of Love then Gute should be fired anyways. You canít just say oh letís get rid of Love if thatís what Rodgers wants. They traded up to get Love. Wasted draft picks to get him and then you just send him packing is a really big stain on Gutes resume. They screwed up, period. They drafted a QB 1-2 years too early. Hell even if Love isnít ready to play yet then why tf are you trading up in the first round for a project qb then? At this point you have to resign Rodgers and just keep love as a backup unless you get a nice offer for him which everyone knows we wonít. Or you have to move Rodgers itís that simple. And I donít find it hard to believe that Rodgers would phone it in. Heís already done that once and he got what he wanted. Why wouldnít he do that again?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast