Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodgers trade

Rodgers trade

Is anyone else buying into the Rodgers is already traded to the Broncos but waiting till after the June 1st deadline? Trade Rodgers today $38.35 in dead money, trade Rodgers after June 1st dead cap $14.352. The Broncos could have picked a couple different QB's Fields included, but took Surtain a position of Packers need, Surtain, Jaire, Stokes? Gonna keep a close eye on who the Broncos pick tonight, if they pick a center or WR which they don't need I will be very suspicious.

They don't need to keep it a secret. Guys are cut well before June 1st with a post June 1st designation all the time. The June 1st thing is just accounting.

I'm not saying we won't trade him to Denver or anywhere else but I don't think it's something thats a done deal. I also don't think we take Stokes if we are 100% getting surtain. There's enough other needs on this roster than to take a nickel corner at 29, especially if you're moving on from your franchise qb. I think the pick would have been Barmore, a WR or an OL if we had a deal worked out.

The timing of everything is odd. Maybe Rodgers has had enough. Maybe some of the recent reports of the Packers saying they can't sign outside help becuase of Rodgers contract was the straw that broke the camels back. But if you truly want to be traded, why wait until hours before the draft to make it public? Rodgers is too smart for that. Feels like it's a bit of a powrplay to try to get the Packers to do what he wants. Maybe not and maybe he is just fed up and ready to move on, but the timing of everything just feels off for a guy who truly wants to be dealt.

I'm not buying the rumor. I can't see any deal for Rodgers surrounding Surtain why take Stokes? I don't doubt they begin to take calls on Rodgers. However, I am still in the camp they band-aid through 2021 and the move happens in the 2022 off-season. None of the so-called teams have the ammo to lure him from Green Bay IMO. SF doesn't have a 1st next season and LV and DEN only have 1 and who knows what the value of that would be. The thing too if Rodgers is a trade he doesn't have a say in where he goes so if they move him it will be for the team's benefit. I wouldn't write off a team like Miami or the Jets with a ton of picks. There are a ton of layers to this. I think at the end of the day the most likely scenario is as Chris Simms this morning described they patch things up this season under the understanding it ends following this season.

On the other side, I think Rodgers simply wants to know where his future is and he's trying to control it. However, the Packers aren't going to budge. If there is trade this season I don't think there is a need to post June 1 the move, rip the band-aid off. Get the haul, free up the cap to build around Love if they can't patch things up.

Is anyone really surprised he wants out? They were a defense away from being a contender for years and they tolerated absolute ineptitude on that side of the ball. Couldnt fix it. Then they needed a wr but move up to draft a qb. NFC title game, they take the ball out of his hands in 4 down territory and kick a field goal instead of playing to win.

Im on 12ís side here. The organization has taken him for granted for years and hes tired of it.

I think last years draft was the last straw, he has money, I don't think that's it. The Packers did nothing in the draft to help get him to the Super Bowl and not only that traded to get his replacement. I would be pissed at my job if not only did they get me no help but hired a guy to replace me!

I'm not taking a side here, but both parties have issues in this matter. Some of the faults came long before MLF and Gute. Since LaFleur and Gute have been here a lot has been done to try and maximize Rodgers even if the fan chatter and the analyst doesn't like it.

I don't buy that whole narrative we don't get him help? We had 3 receivers over 500 yards, should have had a 4th. 5 players over 300 yards. We had a trio of RB who all had the capability of rushing for 100+. He had a stellar OL. Not to mention the defensive gains they have made to fix the defense and, in many ways, have made it better. Za'Darius Smith, Preston (sort of), Amos, Savage, Alexander, extending Kenny Clark, Rashan Gary all examples of them seeking to fix it. As for the team not fixing the defense, the team saw the defense issues; hence, Mike Pettine was fired, and the first pick is a CB.

We can't keep saying he has no weapons. Though they may not have panned out, they went out and got him, Jimmy Graham. To continue the narrative of not taking a 1st round, WR is really short sited. One only like 5-6 top 25 receivers were former 1st rounds. Many of those WR's like Julio, Cooper, Evans, and such were never in range.
    Few years in the past 30 years have been in range for those guys being a juggernaut. Not to mention you're not a top 5 offense if you have no talent on that side of the ball. Complaining that he's never had a 1st round receiver is a massive slap in the face to guys like Davante Adams, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Greg Jennings, James Jones who have all been more than competent receivers over his career all taken. MVS and Lazard aren't slouches. Would another target have been nice, but let's not pretend that Davante Adams, MVS, Allen Lazard are a bunch of bums, and there were not more weapons in Jones, Williams, Dillon, and Tonyan. A player's draft slot doesn't indicate what their pro value is going to be.

If there is any criticism, it may be fairer to say they didn't bulk up the D-line. They didn't do that they band-aided the spot with guys like Billy Winn and Snack Harrison. In hindsight, I'm far more concerned we passed on Raekwon Davis than they missed on a WR.

Sure there are some calls I don't agree with. I think there is a lot of faults that go to the organization. Sure it's easy to question the call on the FG. I don't buy the narrative Rodgers has always been without help.

Also, to throw out another hypothetical. I have a hard time believing Rodgers is just now coming to a conclusion. He's been rumored to be disgruntled dating back to McCarthy. Each of the past 3 years' whistle has been sounded. I would argue there is a good chance last season Rodgers may have contemplated his future in GB. Everyone seemingly assumes they took Jordan Love willy nilly. There is more to this story than let's tick off Rodgers. Multiple layers here. Rodgers had been hobbled two years prior and was likely disgruntled those seasons as well. I have a hard time believing that his contempt was strictly rooted in the Love choice.

At the end of the day, there are likely faults on both sides of this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    I'm not taking a side here, but both parties have issues in this matter. Some of the faults came long before MLF and Gute. Since LaFleur and Gute have been here a lot has been done to try and maximize Rodgers even if the fan chatter and the analyst doesn't like it.

I don't buy that whole narrative we don't get him help? We had 3 receivers over 500 yards, should have had a 4th. 5 players over 300 yards. We had a trio of RB who all had the capability of rushing for 100+. He had a stellar OL. Not to mention the defensive gains they have made to fix the defense and, in many ways, have made it better. Za'Darius Smith, Preston (sort of), Amos, Savage, Alexander, extending Kenny Clark, Rashan Gary all examples of them seeking to fix it. As for the team not fixing the defense, the team saw the defense issues; hence, Mike Pettine was fired, and the first pick is a CB.

We can't keep saying he has no weapons. Though they may not have panned out, they went out and got him, Jimmy Graham. To continue the narrative of not taking a 1st round, WR is really short sited. One only like 5-6 top 25 receivers were former 1st rounds. Many of those WR's like Julio, Cooper, Evans, and such were never in range.
    Few years in the past 30 years have been in range for those guys being a juggernaut. Not to mention you're not a top 5 offense if you have no talent on that side of the ball. Complaining that he's never had a 1st round receiver is a massive slap in the face to guys like Davante Adams, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Greg Jennings, James Jones who have all been more than competent receivers over his career all taken. MVS and Lazard aren't slouches. Would another target have been nice, but let's not pretend that Davante Adams, MVS, Allen Lazard are a bunch of bums, and there were not more weapons in Jones, Williams, Dillon, and Tonyan. A player's draft slot doesn't indicate what their pro value is going to be.

If there is any criticism, it may be fairer to say they didn't bulk up the D-line. They didn't do that they band-aided the spot with guys like Billy Winn and Snack Harrison. In hindsight, I'm far more concerned we passed on Raekwon Davis than they missed on a WR.

Sure there are some calls I don't agree with. I think there is a lot of faults that go to the organization. Sure it's easy to question the call on the FG. I don't buy the narrative Rodgers has always been without help.

Also, to throw out another hypothetical. I have a hard time believing Rodgers is just now coming to a conclusion. He's been rumored to be disgruntled dating back to McCarthy. Each of the past 3 years' whistle has been sounded. I would argue there is a good chance last season Rodgers may have contemplated his future in GB. Everyone seemingly assumes they took Jordan Love willy nilly. There is more to this story than let's tick off Rodgers. Multiple layers here. Rodgers had been hobbled two years prior and was likely disgruntled those seasons as well. I have a hard time believing that his contempt was strictly rooted in the Love choice.

At the end of the day, there are likely faults on both sides of this issue.
    This is probably the best post Iíve seen regarding this issue. Very well said. The constant ďhe has no weaponsĒ crap is absolutely mind boggling. To not try and repeat what you said Iíll leave it at that but you hit the nail right on the head.

At the end of this day I think there's an extremely high chance Rodgers is playing in Green Bay next year. But there seems to be an agenda behind all of this. There's more to this story then what's out there.

The thing I don't get is outside ofaybe San Fran, those situations he's asking to go to are not better than GB.

Vegas's defense was worse than GB by Dvoa last year. Vegas line was significantly worse than GB by PFF's line rankings. Waller is better than Tonyan, but Jones/Dillon is better than Jacobs and whoever they drafted. Adams is far better than anyone the Raiders have and I'd take GB's full WR room over Vegas any day.

Denvers defense was better than GB, but they had moments where they were great and moments where they really struggled. They did try to shore up their secondary, but if we're trading with them, we may hurt their secondary too. Denvers line was as bad as Vegas, both were ranked below 20 and GB was ranked 2nd. The Packers RBs are better, I think Tonyan is better than Fant but it's probably close and I'd take the Packers WRs too. If Sutton is healthy and Juedy takes a step, Denver has alot of upside, but as it sits right now, Adams is far better than anyone they have and I think that's enough to make me take GB.

Dont get me wrong, Vegas and Denver are both playoff teams with Rodgers at the helm. But Rodgers in GB has a much better chance of winning a ring, at least next year, than Rodgers in Vegas or Denver.

And at this point, a trade to San Fran is almost impossible. Unless we prefer Lance to Love by a huge margin, which is unlikely, they don't havr the assets to get it done. It's hard for us to take on too many players given cap implications and San Fran just doesn't have picks left.

Iíd just force his hand to retire if thatís what he wants to do. At least we would get to see what Love has to offer.

Lol when are we going to realize its the crew that runs the place? How many teams have had back to back top 10 Qbs ever demand a trade with one of those QBs being the arguable goat? Stop with the ******** already... I am sorry and i dont own a stake and i will say it again... If this team had an actual owner **** would get done. We are our own worst enemies. We need someone at the very top who wants to win and demands greatness and we dont ****ing have it here. We are about to watch 2 top 10 QBs and one being an arguable goat walk because this team does dumb **** and refuses to do whatever is possible to get them over the hump. Rodgers dealt with this team getting him trash for years and he is fed up. Good on him. Nothing will change. Gotta save a buck boys

I think imo Murphy is the one calling these shots. The way the power structure works with lefluer, gute, ball going to Murphy makes Murphy almost our president and gm. Obviously Murphy had to sign off on some of these major decisions. When Ted left Murphy basically made himself gm. Gute Is just a talkin head. I'd almost say if I was rodgers it wud be fire Murphy if that report were true. I agree this is where not having an owner makes things difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Lol when are we going to realize its the crew that runs the place? How many teams have had back to back top 10 Qbs ever demand a trade with one of those QBs being the arguable goat? Stop with the ******** already... I am sorry and i dont own a stake and i will say it again... If this team had an actual owner **** would get done. We are our own worst enemies. We need someone at the very top who wants to win and demands greatness and we dont ****ing have it here. We are about to watch 2 top 10 QBs and one being an arguable goat walk because this team does dumb **** and refuses to do whatever is possible to get them over the hump. Rodgers dealt with this team getting him trash for years and he is fed up. Good on him. Nothing will change. Gotta save a buck boys
    the problem is if there were only 1 owner there would be no Green Bay Packers. there is no way an owner would keep the team in Green Bay because there is no money in Green Bay for a single owner. The reason they have such a fan base is because they are the team of the people. the people flock to this team because of it being a public team. I think the packers have done pretty well without a single owner. I mean do you really want a Mark Davis or Jerry Jones type owning this team?

Iím in the boat if heís so upset about the packers then he doesnít have to play. Thatís his choice.

But he wonít get paid by an NFL team and beat the Packers. He can just sit at home and watch us on TV.

We donít HAVE to trade him.

Let the whiner sit at home and sulk.

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Iím in the boat if heís so upset about the packers then he doesnít have to play. Thatís his choice.

But he wonít get paid by an NFL team and beat the Packers. He can just sit at home and watch us on TV.

We donít HAVE to trade him.

Let the whiner sit at home and sulk.
    We got nothing when we let Favre walk. I know we traded him but got what, like a 4th or 5th? I know the first option is to fix this situation but if we canít... I really think the preference would be to get something for him.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast