Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rodgers trade

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    Agree with this. Everything Jones said was puzzling to me. If you add that all up, Rodgers would be doing this even if the Packers hadn't drafted Love right? I doubt it. All these things about letting veterans go and not adding weapons probably irritates him a bit. But there is no way the root of the problem isn't that they can get out of his contract at any point after this season and already have the next QB on the roster. There are no guarantees after this season and having no control over that is surely the issue.
    Yep. Rodgers always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and if feels like he thinks he's playing this perfectly, but it just comes off kind of moronic to be honest. Rodgers has basically said it's not about Love. He loves his teammates and his coaches. It's not about the contract. If those things are true, then him not playing is dumb.

I do think there's a chance he just hates the offseason program and just doesn't want to take part in any of it. So maybe he's using this as a way to get out of all of that and try to get a little more control and a modified contract, but the whole thing leaked more than he wanted and it's spiraled from there. I doubt that's the case, but I do think there's a chance this has just gotten away from him and he always intended on not showing up to the offseason stuff.

Because realistically, Love getting all the offseason snaps is best case scenario. Our offense is mostly the same, so outside of Amari, Rodgers doesn't really need reps. He also showed in the lockout season that offseason reps don't really matter a ton to him. So this whole sage could have maybe spiraled.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Yep. Rodgers always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and if feels like he thinks he's playing this perfectly, but it just comes off kind of moronic to be honest. Rodgers has basically said it's not about Love. He loves his teammates and his coaches. It's not about the contract. If those things are true, then him not playing is dumb.

I do think there's a chance he just hates the offseason program and just doesn't want to take part in any of it. So maybe he's using this as a way to get out of all of that and try to get a little more control and a modified contract, but the whole thing leaked more than he wanted and it's spiraled from there. I doubt that's the case, but I do think there's a chance this has just gotten away from him and he always intended on not showing up to the offseason stuff.

Because realistically, Love getting all the offseason snaps is best case scenario. Our offense is mostly the same, so outside of Amari, Rodgers doesn't really need reps. He also showed in the lockout season that offseason reps don't really matter a ton to him. So this whole sage could have maybe spiraled.
    it's difficult to see how Love will perform in real games this year but i feel as if Rodgers "knows" Love will struggle and this will make the Packers especially Guty look horrible. i do not understand the mind state of Rodgers believing he should have executive say on personnel matters when he does not redo his contract making those issues easier to do. i look at the WR's Favre had vs the WR's Rodgers has. Favre was far less picky who he threw to. i will say this the organization has misdrafted WR's Rodgers prefers. Rodgers wants smart WR's who are precise. not speed, not flash, not huge guys. Thompson knew that at one time but forgot it later. Guty should have known this but didn't. last years draft by most standards was bad on paper given the strengths of college talent. if those reach guys pan out this year there will be no downturn. if they take 3 or more years to develop it's going to be a season of struggle. there will be a push for Guty to be fired. at this time i want Rodgers to be traded for the most we can get for him. every day this does not happen lowers the haul we get for him. Denver is it. maybe Carolina. get 2 firsts and a third and have monster drafts. start fining Rodgers. he will show up at some point this year to retain his year of service. turn this as a decision of Rodgers and then say nothing.

The Packers just quit draftimg WR early, but with the rumors of the guys they've liked, their WR scouting hasn't changed much. The Packers have always focused on balanced athletes at WR. We rarely take the 4.3 40 guys early. But they've always been good athletes, especially for their size. The only real exception of poor athlete for their size we've taken early at WR is Cobb, and I suspect the reported times for Cobb and the times the Packers scout recorded were different for Cobb, as he was a better athlete than his times indicated.

But even with Ted, once they got out of the 4th or so round, it's always been late round fliers on great size/speed athletes. Look at the guys we've allegedly liked lately. Last year the big names where aiyuk and Jefferson that we apparently liked. Jefferson ended up running a little faster than most anticipated, but those guys weren't Riggs type speed or DK Metcalf level freaks. But they were both really good, balanced athlete. Bateman was a guy we loved this year too and he's the same. Good sized dude who's a pretty balanced athlete but not really a freak at anything. We also apparently liked Toney, and he's a bit of an outlier, but ultimately we've allegedly liked 4 guys in the first the last two years and 3 of the 4 basicallt for the classic Ted profile to a T.

I'm so sick of the drama. Its pretty telling that a lot of the media guys are just trying to get clicks in the empty spot of the offseason. The talking heads in the media game are the ones that keep pushing the Rodgers is getting traded and the Rodgers wants out immediately train but, its kind of weird that all the ones that are actually close to Rodgers like Kuhn, Hawk and James Jones all have come out and said yes there is a little animosity there but, its completely fixable and Rodgers is going to be QB 1. I don't think he needs a new contract we are only in year 2 of his most recent extension, I do think the front office does need to communicate a little more but, I do not think Rodgers should have say in personnel. If Rodgers wants to sit out after that then let him. There is a guy who does livestreams on youtube and I occasionally catch it said it best, Rodgers is 37 going on 38, yes he had an MVP type season last year but, if he isn't getting any younger, is he really going to jeopardize 1 year in the downhill part of his career just to prove a point?

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I'm so sick of the drama. Its pretty telling that a lot of the media guys are just trying to get clicks in the empty spot of the offseason. The talking heads in the media game are the ones that keep pushing the Rodgers is getting traded and the Rodgers wants out immediately train but, its kind of weird that all the ones that are actually close to Rodgers like Kuhn, Hawk and James Jones all have come out and said yes there is a little animosity there but, its completely fixable and Rodgers is going to be QB 1. I don't think he needs a new contract we are only in year 2 of his most recent extension, I do think the front office does need to communicate a little more but, I do not think Rodgers should have say in personnel. If Rodgers wants to sit out after that then let him. There is a guy who does livestreams on youtube and I occasionally catch it said it best, Rodgers is 37 going on 38, yes he had an MVP type season last year but, if he isn't getting any younger, is he really going to jeopardize 1 year in the downhill part of his career just to prove a point?
    I agree but also he may do it to prove a point Ö wouldnít put it past him. Just sick of it. Get it over with

At this point I just donít see him coming back. So the real question is do you give in a trade him and get something for him? Or do you call his bluff and let him retire instead of giving him what he wants?

Depends what you are trying to get in return, but if it's draft picks, you're best off waiting. Denver will probably not be great next year, maybe not awful, but probably not great. So they're probably looking at a pick in the teens. If you trade them Rodgers, there's a decent chance they are picking later 20s with Rodgers. So there's a decent chance to say you actually are better off waiting.

With that as well, there's a chance there's an injury or something next year too that opens up the market as well. If Rodgers truly does retire, we can keep him and get a look at Love. So if love does appear to be the guy, you can still trade Rodgers mid season if the need arises.

To me, trading him now doesn't make a ton of sense. Wait and make sure he's actually going to hold out/retire. Make him make the call, but I doubt your trade package takes a huge hit if he does sit out. If anything, you might lose out on the total number of draft picks, but there's a decent chance the actual picks are a bit higher for team who doesn't have 12.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 06-20-2021 at 07:53 PM.

I doubt he sits out the year. It doesn't make any sense for him. This team can win the super bowl this year and is about as talented as any team he has played on in Green Bay.

Retire or play thatís his options in my opinion. No way we trade away Rodgers. Wonít get enough for him anyways. We would need the equivalent of the Rams and lions trade of stafford. But maybe stafford kills it pushing GB & suitor to make the move later in year.

Maybe Russell Wilson stays disgruntled and we swap? Not saying I like it but it would be easy to match value up that way.

Maybe Love turns out solid and we can put a better team around him longer term

Just get it over with

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456