Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Day 2 - NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Armo_NYG_fan View Post
    What a wasted pick. You would think this was a jerry reese selection. Couldíve selected a more polished RB with better production (Khalil Herbert, Kylin Hill come to mind). They have another pick coming up, perhaps they go Trey Smith. Also had 5 fumbles last season, ouch.
    Bruh do you know the chances of a 6th round pick being a player that even makes the team? Stop it with the overreactions. In all likely hood none of these guys make it. They had a very impressive draft
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

The giants have a ton of young talent up front. Thomas/Peart/solder are gonna take care of the T position. They have gates for C and then two guards that have talent as run blockers and can be above average pass blockers with the right coaching. I fully believe judge and the coaching staff will be huge for them with a full camp and PS this year. Expect better blocking and I know blocking is huge but letís remember the upgrade weapons at Wr will help Jones get the ball out quicker. I really feel good about this team. If one of those pass rushers we took turns out to be as good as I believe our defense is gonna be top 3-5 good easily this year IMO.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Really we have 1 ďweakness on defenseĒ and thatís maybe cover LB if those pass rushers are legit and even there I think weíll be fine. We have an unbelievable secondary and that front 7 is looking pretty good right now
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

There was clearly a strategy going into this draft. Get the playmaker receiver and load up the pass rush and DBs.

As constructed this defensive roster could probably play with anyone.

The offense now has serious playmakers all around. DG and the coaching staff obviously believe in the OL - at least more than the guys they could have taken in rounds 3-6.

This team can compete for the division right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    There was clearly a strategy going into this draft. Get the playmaker receiver and load up the pass rush and DBs.

As constructed this defensive roster could probably play with anyone.

The offense now has serious playmakers all around. DG and the coaching staff obviously believe in the OL - at least more than the guys they could have taken in rounds 3-6.

This team can compete for the division right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On paper I feel like we have the best roster all around in the division. As long as we stay healthy and Jones can play more like the end of the year Jones vs the start of 2020 I feel confident we win 10+ games next year
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    On paper I feel like we have the best roster all around in the division. As long as we stay healthy and Jones can play more like the end of the year Jones vs the start of 2020 I feel confident we win 10+ games next year
    Well we sure improved, but thereís still a lot of Ďifsí on our team.
    - if our Oline progresses, both the individual players and as a unit
    - if DJ progresses
    - if all the guys that really had career years on defense last year can do that again this year
    - if Garrett is able to open up the playbook and make use of our weapons
    - if guys like Barkley, Golladay and Jackson stay healthy

Then we might have a good team all together. Itís not unrealistic, but still a lot of ifs.

Yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    Well we sure improved, but thereís still a lot of Ďifsí on our team.
    - if our Oline progresses, both the individual players and as a unit
    - if DJ progresses
    - if all the guys that really had career years on defense last year can do that again this year
    - if Garrett is able to open up the playbook and make use of our weapons
    - if guys like Barkley, Golladay and Jackson stay healthy

Then we might have a good team all together. Itís not unrealistic, but still a lot of ifs.
    I mean yeah every team has a bunch of ifs. Iíd say 1 and 2 are likely to happen, our defense is legit I donít think our defense will be less than a top 10 defense. I really love it on paper. Garrett seemed willing to open it up later on in the season I think thatíll be fine, we have so many more weapons this year I think well see a lot of better plays IMO. Yes the injury thing you never know what can happen. I think Jones will have a big year this year but itís all words right now letís see what happens
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Well if the OL and/or DJ don't grow or progress we are probably looking at a partial tear down at years end. At least then we have a bunch of draft picks for 2022.

Don't worry. He's got this.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Well if the OL and/or DJ don't grow or progress we are probably looking at a partial tear down at years end. At least then we have a bunch of draft picks for 2022.
    Good news

2022 draft is loaded overall

Bad news

2022 has no current high end sure thing QB(as of now)*

* Stock could rise if they improve this year

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Yeah

I mean yeah every team has a bunch of ifs. Iíd say 1 and 2 are likely to happen, our defense is legit I donít think our defense will be less than a top 10 defense. I really love it on paper. Garrett seemed willing to open it up later on in the season I think thatíll be fine, we have so many more weapons this year I think well see a lot of better plays IMO. Yes the injury thing you never know what can happen. I think Jones will have a big year this year but itís all words right now letís see what happens
    Based on what do you think 1 & 2 are likely to happen? I donít want to sound too negative and I agree every teams have ifs, especially regarding injuries, but 1 and 2 are highly uncertain to me. At this point I expect Thomas and Gates to be solid, but all other positions are flat out question marks to me

Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    Based on what do you think 1 & 2 are likely to happen? I donít want to sound too negative and I agree every teams have ifs, especially regarding injuries, but 1 and 2 are highly uncertain to me. At this point I expect Thomas and Gates to be solid, but all other positions are flat out question marks to me
    Thomas and gates are guys I 100% am confident in. Peart showed me a ton of flashes to believe in him being a RT/RG. I seriously doubt he can be worse than Fleming. Guards are the biggest question mark, but I think we have a ton of guys that can step up. Iím fully 100% confident in the coaching staff specifically Judge. they will get the most out of the OL IMO. Jones Iíve seen plenty of flashes of good play to believe in him. Full offseason in judges system, look at the weapons upgrade. Saquon coming back, Golladay/toney/Rudolph on top of Shep/Slayton/Engram. How many times did we see Jones hold the ball because nobody could get separation. I think engram will be better too because of less attention thrown his way. May just be over optimism but I fully believe we will see a huge step forward from Jones
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345