Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Day 2 - NFL

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    I like that they're drafting the BPA off their board, instead of drafting based on perceived need.

I always feel like that's the way to build a roster, not the old way, where they reached for a perceived need.

Definitely feels like that's a Joe Judge thing.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Round 4 if they go OL

Three names I'd keep an eye on

Trey Smith
    Deonte Brown
    David Moore

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

I donít know Robinson, but the trade down and still getting Ojulari is phenomenal to me. I donít know about his knee but Iím fine with taking a risk, he could be the best edge in this draft if he stays healthy.

That said, I truly hate our disregard for OL man. Where did the whole building the team
    From the inside out philosophy go? I have confidence in our tackles and Iím fine with gates as C, but at this point we have huge question marks at both guard positions and if our Oline sucks again all our weapons are gonna prove useless. Thatís the final thing they need to work out for me honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    I donít know Robinson, but the trade down and still getting Ojulari is phenomenal to me. I donít know about his knee but Iím fine with taking a risk, he could be the best edge in this draft if he stays healthy.

That said, I truly hate our disregard for OL man. Where did the whole building the team
    From the inside out philosophy go? I have confidence in our tackles and Iím fine with gates as C, but at this point we have huge question marks at both guard positions and if our Oline sucks again all our weapons are gonna prove useless. Thatís the final thing they need to work out for me honestly
    Part of me wonders if that is just Gettleman's stubbornness of not wanting to admit he screwed up his OL picks a few years in a row

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I would have preferred them using their 3rd round pick (without trading away the 5th they acquired from Chi) on an interior OL.

But Iím assuming thereís a specific plan for this defense that Robinson fits well.

Still a lot of talent on the board and some solid OL guys left and we have 3 more picks to add depth to the interior line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    I like that they're drafting the BPA off their board, instead of drafting based on perceived need.

I always feel like that's the way to build a roster, not the old way, where they reached for a perceived need.

Definitely feels like that's a Joe Judge thing.

Giants have always had the BPA mentality.

Though I think in recent years they have reached on certain players and then tried to fill some needed holes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    I like Robinson, but man, that's a lot of good DBs. Kind of thought we were pretty set at CB.
    You can never be set at CB.

I would have picked Wyatt Davis from Ohio State , instead of Robinson stayed at 76 and not given away a draft pick. Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    I would have picked Wyatt Davis from Ohio State , instead of Robinson stayed at 76 and not given away a draft pick. Just my opinion
    Agreed.

Iím not bothered at all by Robinson. Just wonder why we had to give up a 5th rounder to go up 5 spots to get him. It does limit the approach today.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Giants have always had the BPA mentality.

Though I think in recent years they have reached on certain players and then tried to fill some needed holes as well.
    Maybe they've had the mentality, but until recently I would say they have not used it.

Just my opinion, based on all the reaching they did, prior to judges arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Part of me wonders if that is just Gettleman's stubbornness of not wanting to admit he screwed up his OL picks a few years in a row

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    That would be terrible, but I also doubt it since I think judge has a firm hand in our draft as well

Giants draft Edge Elerson Smith out of Northern Iowa in the 4th round.

6í5Ē 262 lbs.

19: 14 sacks 21.5 TFL

18: 7.5 sacks 10.5 TFL

I absolutely LOVE the Elerson Smith pick.

Watch his film. The guy is an explosive edge and pass rusher. Heís very tall and has room to fill out but is already powerful and athletic.

Getting Ozulari and Smith completely changes our pass rush dynamic.

I think theyíre comfortable with the guys they have at OL. They played better towards the end and they probably expect big steps up from Thomas and Peart. Also have the option to kick Peart into G and have solder take over RT if solder shows he can play at all. I would have liked to add a G somewhere to compete with Hernandez and lemix but I trust their evaluations
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Maybe they've had the mentality, but until recently I would say they have not used it.

Just my opinion, based on all the reaching they did, prior to judges arrival.

Imo the only time they reached WS for Jones and maybe Flowers. Now some guys have not panned out but thatís another story.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast