Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    He also did that aptitude test and had the highest score ever recorded. Not worried about him learning. Hes not a moron like Mitch was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's very obvious that Mitch was a brah type of dude. I think he tried his best but definitely an airhead.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    It's very obvious that Mitch was a brah type of dude. I think he tried his best but definitely an airhead.
    When you randomly Tweet I like to kiss tiddies, kinda shows where your head is..lol

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    https://youtu.be/MPPbSvvoti4

Unsure if true....but wow if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    https://youtu.be/MPPbSvvoti4

Unsure if true....but wow if true.
    It's definitely true, been reported nationally by a bunch of reputable sources. Pretty stupid of MIN to think Fields was gonna just fall into their laps uncontested. Gotta trade up for your QB if you really want 'em. You snooze, you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    It's definitely true, been reported nationally by a bunch of reputable sources. Pretty stupid of MIN to think Fields was gonna just fall into their laps uncontested. Gotta trade up for your QB if you really want 'em. You snooze, you lose.
    Bears got their man, kept him away from Minnesota and the Vikings ended up with Kellen Mond.

Win-win-win for the Bears.
    Screw sabermetics.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Could the same not be said of NE though? They reportedly loved Fields.... Could have been BS but they sat there too.

The truth is I think that there were too many teans unwilling to move out. B4 10

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Could the same not be said of NE though? They reportedly loved Fields.... Could have been BS but they sat there too.

The truth is I think that there were too many teans unwilling to move out. B4 10
    I think the Patriots would've loved to take Fields, but were fine with Mac Jones all along. They still got him at least.

The Vikings also had a good draft anyway, but it's cool to know we screwed with them I guess. If Fields ends up being good, it could haunt them for awhile.

So when do the Jags, Jets, 49ers, Bears and Pats start their rookie QBs? I keep this chart of first-round QBs going back to 2000. Really, things changed in 2008, with Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco.

From 2008-20, 39 QBs went in the first round. Just three were true redshirts. (1/2)
    Those 3: Jake Locker, Patrick Mahomes and Jordan Love. Each played for a contender. Titans were in the playoff hunt til the end in '11, Chiefs and Packers made it in '17 and '20.

The truth: Usually, first-round QBs go to bad teams and, sooner or later, get thrown in there. (2/2)
    https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/stat...51897025581058

I've come around to the idea of redshirting or sitting Fields for as long as possible, just cause it's dawning on me how bad his supporting cast still is outside of Robinson, but I still don't buy the idea that it's helpful for their development for any other reason. These guys either have it or they don't. In no other sport would it make any sense to have your professional athlete not play the sport for a year in order to get better at... playing that sport.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 05-05-2021 at 10:44 AM.

What an excellent interview.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    What an excellent interview.
    You could tell he was getting Justin to open up more over time. Very good stuff. Nice to have a QB with some personality.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/stat...51897025581058

I've come around to the idea of redshirting or sitting Fields for as long as possible, just cause it's dawning on me how bad his supporting cast still is outside of Robinson, but I still don't buy the idea that it's helpful for their development for any other reason. These guys either have it or they don't. In no other sport would it make any sense to have your professional athlete not play the sport for a year in order to get better at... playing that sport.
    I agree. Im mainly worried about the OL though. Pass catching options not as much. Robinson is awesome and I really think Mooney could become a high end WR2. The rest of the guys we have could easily become WR3 options in my opinion. Plus with Cohen coming back and Kmet growing... maybe Im more bullish on our pass catchers than most. Part of that also comes from fully believing Mitch really held everyone back, I admit. But still.

I've changed my stance on him playing right away. He's as league ready as Lawrence and moreso than Wilson & Lance. It'll be a disappointment if he's not the day one starter. Dalton can be his mentor/high end backup, which is what he signed on for with Dallas a year ago anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I've changed my stance on him playing right away. He's as league ready as Lawrence and moreso than Wilson & Lance. It'll be a disappointment if he's not the day one starter. Dalton can be his mentor/high end backup, which is what he signed on for with Dallas a year ago anyway.
    If he's the best QB in training camp, then he needs to start. One thing I've learn is that if the rest of the team senses that the HC is not playing the best players--especially at QB---it will agitated them. If Fields is the best QB after Training Camp, he needs to start, period.
    Screw sabermetics.

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast