Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicag...rVIGRyS7TJrOCY

Wow Paton was actively shopping 9 right up until they had to turn in the pick. Pace got real lucky with the picks he had to give up compared to what it would’ve cost to move up higher, and obviously super lucky Fields dropped out of the top 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even crazier; DEN was ready to draft Fields until Vic noticed Surtain fell to them and chose to pair him up with fuller.

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicag...justin-fields/

For head coach Vic Fangio and new GM George Paton, the idea of pairing Surtain with the recently acquired Kyle Fuller was just too tempting for Denver to pass up. The Broncos had the 21st ranked defense in 2020. This was the sort of acquisition that could vault them into the top 10. Especially with Von Miller set to return. It isn’t a huge surprise they went in that direction, but it was a gigantic moment that set the stage for Chicago.
    Just think; Most of us were livid when Pace cut Fuller and it looks like that move might have led to us landing our new franchise QB

Everything happens for a reason I guess

Man wears his hats like Chance the Rapper. He really was meant to be in Chicago lol

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/be...-justin-fields

Really fun article from Adam Hoge. More Fields hype. I hate that it's only May.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Someone mentioned it in an earlier post, but it gives him more time to work on his mechanics and digest the offense. He won't have as much time to do that as a starter when he's preparing weekly for the next opponent. The worst thing you can do is throw a raw QB to the wolves and ruin his confidence. We'll see what the "QB guru" thinks is best.
    I don't know why this was linked so I'm editing to add a response lol.
    His mechanics are pretty solid for a guy coming out. Nagy doesn't believe in mechanic training lol. Fields can digest a playbook in a weekend according to test scores and scouts. He's not raw, he will just need to adjust to the speed like any rookie. Honestly, he's one of the few I'd be on board with starting immediately. Think what he needs to learn would be most effective on the field. But I'm down with Dalton. Let Dalton be Dalton, trade him when someone gets hurt. Seems like Foles is staying. Just makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I'm sure you've watched much more of Fields than I have, but I guess to me, like, he plays more similarly to Cam in my mind. Like, Fields' game is not to extend plays and get outside the pocket, and/or improvise the way Wilson tends to, he very much seems to live and die in the pocket in general, which is more like Cam. He's just a much better passer.

The Culpepper comp isn't bad either, but trying to compare athletes from that era to now is hard.
    Is this current Cam comparison, or good Cam comparison. I think you're comparing him to less running Cam. Which is a fine comparison, except he's far more accurate and just flat out better than pocket Cam. Cam was really only effective when he was taking off consistently.

I don't think it's right to compare Fields to runners. He's done everything to avoid that label. He's not Vick, he's not Cam, he's pocket first and destroy you if you give him room.
    Last edited by ds637; 05-04-2021 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    His mechanics are pretty solid for a guy coming out. Nagy doesn't believe in mechanic training lol. Fields can digest a playbook in a weekend according to test scores and scouts. He's not raw, he will just need to adjust to the speed like any rookie. Honestly, he's one of the few I'd be on board with starting immediately. Think what he needs to learn would be most effective on the field. But I'm down with Dalton. Let Dalton be Dalton, trade him when someone gets hurt. Seems like Foles is staying. Just makes sense.

Is this current Cam comparison, or good Cam comparison. I think you're comparing him to less running Cam. Which is a fine comparison, except he's far more accurate and just flat out better than pocket Cam. Cam was really only effective when he was taking off consistently.

I don't think it's right to compare Fields to runners. He's done everything to avoid that label. He's not Vick, he's not Cam, he's pocket first and destroy you if you give him room.
    Yeah more athletic Deshaun is probably more accurate since it's been brought up.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    So much wrong with haskins comp.

1) Fields is extremely mobile and Haskins isn't
    2) Haskins main problem is he was worried about his image.... Not being a better player. Which could be the case with Fields but from what i have heard its the oposite.

Idk if Fields works out right. But the comp is poor as ****. Its like comparing Howell to Mitch.... Hurts to Kyler.... Kyler is Baker..... Or Baker is Landry Jones.

Its really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Yeah more athletic Deshaun is probably more accurate since it's been brought up.
    I can definitely see that comp. Watson is much shiftier than Fields but Fields is faster in a straight line. Fields has a bigger arm than Watson as well. Not sure if that equates to Fields being better or not but we'll see.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    I can definitely see that comp. Watson is much shiftier than Fields but Fields is faster in a straight line. Fields has a bigger arm than Watson as well. Not sure if that equates to Fields being better or not but we'll see.
    Yea, think I went with Cam as a comp cause I hate the tendency we have to compare players who have never taken an NFL snap to the best players in the game, but idk. There's not really ever a perfect comparison. But he probably does fit Deshaun's play style at least moreso than Cam.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I think the floor for Fields is current day Cam newton. I know alot of people won't like to hear that....... But in talking worst case scenario. Obviously i think his arm tallent is better than Cam right now. But even if he just didnt pan out you still have a mobile QB with Toughness who can at least make some throws. A fringe starting QB. And obvioysly he has upside to be a much better passer.

I think his ceiling is the roof

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    To be clear, I was not referring to his footwork. I think he needs to work a little bit on his throwing motion to release the ball quicker. Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to let him digest as much of Nagy's offense as possible. We'll see how quickly he can absorb it, but I really hope we don't have to see him running a simplified offense.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    To be clear, I was not referring to his footwork. I think he needs to work a little bit on his throwing motion to release the ball quicker. Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to let him digest as much of Nagy's offense as possible. We'll see how quickly he can absorb it, but I really hope we don't have to see him running a simplified offense.
    His throwing motion is timed within the average range of pretty much all starting NFL QBs that's another false narrative taken from the media. There are several videos showing his motion is textbook. Only person who has a problem with it is Chris Simms which I'm fine with seeing as he's not an expert. And if needed I can post the tweet but Nagy asked Justin to recall a play they went over during his pro day after he was drafted and he remembered it and explained it back to Nagy in perfect detail. Learning the playbook will be nothing for Fields.

The only benefit to sitting Fields I see is making sure the revamped oline doesn't get him killed.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    His throwing motion is timed within the average range of pretty much all starting NFL QBs that's another false narrative taken from the media. There are several videos showing his motion is textbook. Only person who has a problem with it is Chris Simms which I'm fine with seeing as he's not an expert. And if needed I can post the tweet but Nagy asked Justin to recall a play they went over during his pro day after he was drafted and he remembered it and explained it back to Nagy in perfect detail. Learning the playbook will be nothing for Fields.

The only benefit to sitting Fields I see is making sure the revamped oline doesn't get him killed.
    He also did that aptitude test and had the highest score ever recorded. Not worried about him learning. He’s not a moron like Mitch was.

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast