Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    You are biased...lol

BUT ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!
    I don't disagree but bias isn't the only reason I wanted Fields. He's objectively a stud and has been since hs. I didn't just realize he was good when he transferred to OSU. He grew up in Kennesaw about an hour north of me so people have talked about him for years. The fact he's a bear now is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I wouldnít call me a bandwagoner with Fields. I know that wasnít directed at me. I still have my same reservations about him holding the ball too long, and his games Vs NW and IU last year will be stuck in my mind when he plays good NFL defenses.

I will say I would have been pissed had we pulled a 9ers esque trade to move up to the top 5 to get him. For the potential, it wasnít a bad move for us.

My issue with him was he would miss wide open check downs and hold the ball to long in those games Vs pro style defenses. He never seemed to have a quick release. I get the argument that they had a vertical offense, but in the NFL, you need to be able to check down too. You need to make extremely quick reads. Thatís why I liked Mac, because I saw him do all the little things that a long term successful NFL QB does.

Iím going in with my arms wide open though. I want him to succeed. I want to say Iím wrong
    Not exactly disagreeing with you here, but if teaching him to check down is our biggest concern then that's not bad at all. I think it's likely much easier to teach that than throwing an accurate deep ball. He's like the opposite of Mitch in that regard.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Had to hear a rumor on Hoge and Jahns about the fact Nagy was calling coaches about fields the day he transfered..... Which happened to be the same week we played the eagles with the double doink. It kinda shows from day one Nagy never really gave Mitch a chance. He really even in his best year and a 13 win season was thinking about other QBs.

That said.... The one thing that would make me happy right now is if we gave Nagy and Pace a 1 year extensions. It sounds petty but I really have this genuine fear that Nagy and Co could be gone and just like with Nagy and Mitch ... Our new HC will not give the previous regimes guy a genuine shot.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Had to hear a rumor on Hoge and Jahns about the fact Nagy was calling coaches about fields the day he transfered..... Which happened to be the same week we played the eagles with the double doink. It kinda shows from day one Nagy never really gave Mitch a chance. He really even in his best year and a 13 win season was thinking about other QBs.

That said.... The one thing that would make me happy right now is if we gave Nagy and Pace a 1 year extensions. It sounds petty but I really have this genuine fear that Nagy and Co could be gone and just like with Nagy and Mitch ... Our new HC will not give the previous regimes guy a genuine shot.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    It actually just tells you that he has a pair of eyes and could tell Mitch wasn't the guy. If anything. Mitch had every opportunity. He got 40+ starts.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    It actually just tells you that he has a pair of eyes and could tell Mitch wasn't the guy. If anything. Mitch had every opportunity. He got 40+ starts.
    Yeah he is what he is. An average to below average starter who occasionally flashes due to his natural athletic ability.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Itís been 3 days and I havenít stopped watching Fields highlight videos. I pretty much know the OSU playbook by now.

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    Itís been 3 days and I havenít stopped watching Fields highlight videos. I pretty much know the OSU playbook by now.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/NFL/statu...1%2Fframe.html

Here's another one for you.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Yeah he is what he is. An average to below average starter who occasionally flashes due to his natural athletic ability.
    I wish he was average to below average. He's bad.

Yep.

Can anyone blame him for being out on Mitch after their first season together? He had no say in drafting Mitch since he wasn't here (Louis Riddick mentioned during the draft that Nagy really liked Watson in 2017), Mitch is arguably the single biggest reason the 2018 team didn't win that playoff game, and outside of the 6 TD game from him he was mediocre to below average that entire season.

Nagy deserves some criticism for other things, but scouting a potential replacement isn't one of them. I'd rather he have that mindset than irrationally believe in a lost cause.

I wish he was average to below average. He's bad.
    I'd consider his 2018 year average.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    I'd consider his 2018 year average.
    Really don't want to relitigate this **** again. Long story short, I disagree, but even if I grant you it, it's 3/4 years where he was objectively bad. 2018 is the outlier in his career. There were a ton of red flags even in that year. Nagy's not wrong for not being sold.

To suggest that he "sabotaged" Mitch's development after 2018 because he wasn't his guy is intellectually ridiculous. He gave Mitch every chance. Mitch sucked cause he's bad. End of story.

Really don't want to relitigate this **** again. Long story short, I disagree, but even if I grant you it, it's 3/4 years where he was objectively bad. 2018 is the outlier in his career. There were a ton of red flags even in that year. Nagy's not wrong for not being sold.

To suggest that he "sabotaged" Mitch's development after 2018 because he wasn't his guy is intellectually ridiculous. He gave Mitch every chance. Mitch sucked cause he's bad. End of story.
    This

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    His first year wasnt that bad though.... I know alot say it was a fluke..... But to have given up after one season where he made the probowl seems again insane. Do people really expect feilds to come in an be a 4000 yard passer? Probably not. Would anyone expect nagy to start looking elsewhere if his rok season wasnt exceptional. Absolutely not.

And i really don't want to have the mitch debate. To me the post was more aimed at at how if Nagy got fired the New front office may look at fields the same way Nagy looked at Mitch and never give him a real shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    His first year wasnt that bad though.... I know alot say it was a fluke..... But to have given up after one season where he made the probowl seems again insane. Do people really expect feilds to come in an be a 4000 yard passer? Probably not. Would anyone expect nagy to start looking elsewhere if his rok season wasnt exceptional. Absolutely not.

And i really don't want to have the mitch debate. To me the post was more aimed at at how if Nagy got fired the New front office may look at fields the same way Nagy looked at Mitch and never give him a real shot.
    It was bad. Outside of a couple of games against trash defenses, it was equally bad. The rest of the team was better and were more able to hide his flaws. But again, not gonna agree on this.

And again, how in the world is Nagy at fault here? He's the HC. He must've had the influence to slam his hand on the table and demand another QB after 2018 if he really hated Mitch all that much. He didn't. Chase Daniel was the only other QB on the roster in 2019. This is ridiculous.

To answer your question, I expect Fields, after 2 years to at least be showing promise and not be a bottom tier starter in the league. Or I'd like the Bears to be looking elsewhere, regardless of who the HC is.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 05-02-2021 at 04:43 PM.

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast