Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 412
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    28,680
    I know everyone has fallen in love with the Patrick Mahomes career arc, but that's one instance of that happening. You don't have to sit your first year to be a star. Look at Josh Allen, look at Justin Herbert. Both guys started very early into their first years. Allen looked like Mitch 2.0 his first couple seasons, then broke out last year, and Herbert was ROTY right off the get go, even though he seemed like the least NFL ready guy drafted last year.

    Pace can spend 2 of his next 3 picks on O-line for all I care if it means keeping Fields safe and avoiding a potential Joe Burrow situation (he also looked like the real deal before getting hurt), but pending that, no reason to not have him starting right away.

    This really isn't that complicated. He either has it or he doesn't. I care as much about Fields' development as anyone, but I don't think there's any proof that sitting does anything positive or negative.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    19,681
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    What do you mean it depends on how Dalton performs? He's Andy Dalton. He will perform like Andy Dalton. It's really gotta be Fields' job to lose imo. If he looks completely lost and inept then fine, Dalton or Foles can play I guess. But I'll be pretty disappointed if it comes to that. Anyway, the inclination should be to have him starting as soon as possible. We have no first round pick next year. There's no time for screwing around.
    As underwhelming as the Dalton signing was, we can all agree that heís a much better bridge to Fields than that disaster known as Mike Glennon, which resulted in Mitch having to play when he clearly wasnít ready.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    29,374
    Gotta say i felt more confident you could keep Mitch on the bench with Glennon then Fields. We have all seen too much of fields. At least mitch you could claim lack of of experience. And we all know that still didn't work.

    I mean seriously how many games do u have to watch andy Dalton be average before you put Feilds in.

    You can also sit here and claim Dalton is a better bridge....and he probably is. But he is still a guy zero teams wanted to trade for last year and was not offered a single starting job. He is still a bottom 20 QB. And u have hope in fields.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 04-30-2021 at 12:21 AM.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    28,680
    Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    As underwhelming as the Dalton signing was, we can all agree that heís a much better bridge to Fields than that disaster known as Mike Glennon, which resulted in Mitch having to play when he clearly wasnít ready.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Context. We weren't in the same position then as we are now. We're in the middle of a window (sort of). We traded our next year's first. What's the point in losing games with Dalton/Foles who we already know suck? They're better than Mike Glennon. Yippee. We need to be actually trying to win.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    22,781
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I know everyone has fallen in love with the Patrick Mahomes career arc, but that's one instance of that happening. You don't have to sit your first year to be a star. Look at Josh Allen, look at Justin Herbert. Both guys started very early into their first years. Allen looked like Mitch 2.0 his first couple seasons, then broke out last year, and Herbert was ROTY right off the get go, even though he seemed like the least NFL ready guy drafted last year.

    Pace can spend 2 of his next 3 picks on O-line for all I care if it means keeping Fields safe and avoiding a potential Joe Burrow situation (he also looked like the real deal before getting hurt), but pending that, no reason to not have him starting right away.

    This really isn't that complicated. He either has it or he doesn't. I care as much about Fields' development as anyone, but I don't think there's any proof that sitting does anything positive or negative.
    100% load up on OL. Protect Fields, and the Bears O has the potential to be very dangerous.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    19,681
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I know everyone has fallen in love with the Patrick Mahomes career arc, but that's one instance of that happening. You don't have to sit your first year to be a star. Look at Josh Allen, look at Justin Herbert. Both guys started very early into their first years. Allen looked like Mitch 2.0 his first couple seasons, then broke out last year, and Herbert was ROTY right off the get go, even though he seemed like the least NFL ready guy drafted last year.

    Pace can spend 2 of his next 3 picks on O-line for all I care if it means keeping Fields safe and avoiding a potential Joe Burrow situation (he also looked like the real deal before getting hurt), but pending that, no reason to not have him starting right away.

    This really isn't that complicated. He either has it or he doesn't. I care as much about Fields' development as anyone, but I don't think there's any proof that sitting does anything positive or negative.
    Yep, like I mentioned earlier Fields is as pro-ready IMO as Lawrence because of the high level of competition they faced as starting QBs for 3 seasons. In contrast Mahomes didnít face that in college and Mitch sure as hell didnít either, which was evident when he eventually started his rookie year. Watson was on the same boat as Fields and Lawrence, and had instant success with the Texans before the ACL tear.

    Niners absolutely have to sit Lance for a year. At least heís got Shanahan coaching him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    28,680
    Pace did say Dalton is still the QB, but whatever. Let's see how long that lasts.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    19,681

    Bears take QB Justin Fields

    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Pace did say Dalton is still the QB, but whatever. Let's see how long that lasts.
    Did they already have a presser?

    Edit: NVM heís live now


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ChI_ShIzzLe; 04-30-2021 at 12:29 AM.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    7,381
    Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Yep, like I mentioned earlier Fields is as pro-ready IMO as Lawrence because of the high level of competition they faced as starting QBs for 3 seasons. In contrast Mahomes didnít face that in college and Mitch sure as hell didnít either, which was evident when he eventually started his rookie year. Watson was on the same boat as Fields and Lawrence, and had instant success with the Texans before the ACL tear.

    Niners absolutely have to sit Lance for a year. At least heís got Shanahan coaching him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think Lance will be good strictly because of Shannahan. Hes in a good system and all reports say hes very intelligent football wise.

    That being said im excited about Fields

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    22,781
    Dalton vs. Fuller....I wonder what would have been the better use of resources

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    9,865
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Dalton vs. Fuller....I wonder what would have been the better use of resources
    Would make loading up on offense the next 2 days so much easier


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    28,680
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Dalton vs. Fuller....I wonder what would have been the better use of resources
    Man just pulled off an objectively great trade that didn't even seem possible. Give him a break for a little while.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    19,681
    https://twitter.com/chicagobears/sta...235911680?s=21


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    71,028
    I think you have to sit him for a season.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    21,859
    Sounded from Pace that Dalton is the guy this year and heavily emphasized ďdevelopingĒ JF.

    He knows he has another shot here to get it right since his Trubisky debacle.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •