Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Pace getting a huge and rare after what took place opportunity to redeem himself on some things with this pick tbh. I'm pretty ****ing happy to see the hell this kid can put onto the field.

I just want good QB play for once.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I just want good QB play for once.
    I think this is the best chance weíve had in a while. Heís got all the tools. QB is a lot of luck, but Iím hopeful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First: When I saw the Bears "on the clock" at 11, my heart started beating faster. I knew the Bears trading up for a QB. When it was Justin Fields I was both estatic and relieved. I love Mac Jones, I will alway be a fan of his and believe people are severely underrated him. If he is good enough for the Pats at 15th, then that should tell you a lot. But if you are trading up in the draft by giving up a future 1st, you have to take the player with the higher upside, which the Bears did.

Second: I know people will want Fields to start and if he proves in TC to be the best QB on the roster then he should start but I prefer Fields to sit till about mid-season.

Third: It's damn exciting to finally have a QB that a majority of the fanbase is on board with.
    Screw sabermetics.

Throw him to the wolves

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Throw him to the wolves
    If, and only if, he thoroughly looks the part and is clearly outperforming Dalton/Foles. Definitely an evaluation aspect to this. Can't throw him to the wolves if you don't feel he's ready. I think he starts at some point, but I'm cool if he doesn't start off the bat. Also depends on how Dalton performs. If he sucks and the Bears aren't winning, Fields could come in pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Throw him to the wolves
    I'm fine with taking the Mahomes approach. Don't rush him if he's not ready.

I think they sit him behind Dalton for a year. Will extend Pace and Nagys career at least a year just by doing so

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    If, and only if, he thoroughly looks the part and is clearly outperforming Dalton/Foles. Definitely an evaluation aspect to this. Can't throw him to the wolves if you don't feel he's ready. I think he starts at some point, but I'm cool if he doesn't start off the bat. Also depends on how Dalton performs. If he sucks and the Bears aren't winning, Fields could come in pretty quick.
    What do you mean it depends on how Dalton performs? He's Andy Dalton. He will perform like Andy Dalton. It's really gotta be Fields' job to lose imo. If he looks completely lost and inept then fine, Dalton or Foles can play I guess. But I'll be pretty disappointed if it comes to that. Anyway, the inclination should be to have him starting as soon as possible. We have no first round pick next year. There's no time for screwing around.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    I think they sit him behind Dalton for a year. Will extend Pace and Nagys career at least a year just by doing so

Lol didn't even think about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post

I think Pace clearly has a longer leash than anyone here might have thought. It's evident by ownership okaying him to trade a future first.

One of Foles or Dalton have to be moving. Probably Foles.

Also so unbelievably stoked about this. No more excuses for Nagy and Co

I think Pace clearly has a longer leash than anyone here might have thought. It's evident by ownership okaying him to trade a future first.
    His bears career I assume will now be tied to this pick, and itís pretty easy to justify sitting Fields a year (really any qb picked tonight not named Lawrence). Then you get another few to evaluate. I agree Pace isnít going anywhere, getting the green light to do something like this means they plan to keep him around at least 2-3 more years and more if Fields pans out.

What do you mean it depends on how Dalton performs? He's Andy Dalton. He will perform like Andy Dalton. It's really gotta be Fields' job to lose imo. If he looks completely lost and inept then fine, Dalton or Foles can play I guess. But I'll be pretty disappointed if it comes to that. Anyway, the inclination should be to have him starting as soon as possible. We have no first round pick next year. There's no time for screwing around.
    Fair play to this. Honestly, I would be on board with it. It would at least be exciting and worth tuning in for. I just hope Nagy could get out of his own way, let Flip develop him, and let Lazor put his blueprint on this too.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast