Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Why does everyone get so butthurt in here when the Great Fields gets questioned. We all want him to do good. We all think he will do good. But we should all ask as many questions as we can, so when his times comes, we aren't surprised when things go bad.

Basically what I'm saying is, as a fan base we need to slow our role. We are getting a little too cocky, especially to franchises that actually win consistently. We need to humble ourselves a little bit and not build this guy up as the 2nd coming. This is what Chicago fans always do. They build up these unrealistic expectations, or premature expectations, and when things go bad in the early stages, the media and fans turn on their savior.

Justin Fields is not infallible. He's not a sure thing. So lets stop acting like anyone who questions any part of his "Perfect Game" is crazy for thinking so. I know fields has a higher pedigree then most of the past OSU QB's, and not every situation is the same, but lets just remember that Dwayne Haskins, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones, and Troy Smith all looked really good in OSU's system. Let's not forget that Barrett complete 70% of his passes, threw 50 TD's to 8 INT's, 4,831 yards, with damn near the same rating as Fields. Again, I know they aren't the same, I know Fields was the highest rated QB OSU has had, but that doesn't change the fact that questions need to be asked until an OSU QB succeeds at the next level.

Don't get so bent out of shape over it. None of us are rooting against him. Why would we want the highest potential QB in our history to fail? I just refuse to drink the Kool Aid, and then have to sit back in misery if it doesn't work.
    I don't think anyone is crowning him MVP dude. I think people are pointing out how strange it is that he fell the way he did when he seemingly checks more boxes than some of the prospects that were taken before him, and certainly more than a lot of QBs from year's past.

Regardless of the actual outcome, he's a great prospect. The comparison of him to other OSU prospects has been debunked all over the place, so I'm surprised you went there. You rank each prospect individually. Fields didn't just come out of nowhere, he was the #1 recruit in the nation out of high school. It's been him vs Lawrence long before he ever went to OSU, and he's always been a better prospect than any of those other guys.

It's not being a homer to be excited about a guy when there's every reason to be excited.

Bears take QB Justin Fields

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I don't think anyone is crowning him MVP dude. I think people are pointing out how strange it is that he fell the way he did when he seemingly checks more boxes than some of the prospects that were taken before him, and certainly more than a lot of QBs from year's past.

Regardless of the actual outcome, he's a great prospect. The comparison of him to other OSU prospects has been debunked all over the place, so I'm surprised you went there. You rank each prospect individually. Fields didn't just come out of nowhere, he was the #1 recruit in the nation out of high school. It's been him vs Lawrence long before he ever went to OSU, and he's always been a better prospect than any of those other guys.

It's not being a homer to be excited about a guy when there's every reason to be excited.
    Bingo and I wouldnít even say Fields is an OSU QB thatís a weak cop out considering he was an SEC QB first and would have still been of Georgia was smart . Wilson has one good year vs lesser comp and automatically jumped to being the 2nd overall pick . Sometimes scouts get to cute and overlook the great thing and try and find holes because itís too good to be ď trueĒ

Why does everyone get so butthurt in here when the Great Fields gets questioned. We all want him to do good. We all think he will do good. But we should all ask as many questions as we can, so when his times comes, we aren't surprised when things go bad.

Basically what I'm saying is, as a fan base we need to slow our role. We are getting a little too cocky, especially to franchises that actually win consistently. We need to humble ourselves a little bit and not build this guy up as the 2nd coming. This is what Chicago fans always do. They build up these unrealistic expectations, or premature expectations, and when things go bad in the early stages, the media and fans turn on their savior.

Justin Fields is not infallible. He's not a sure thing. So lets stop acting like anyone who questions any part of his "Perfect Game" is crazy for thinking so. I know fields has a higher pedigree then most of the past OSU QB's, and not every situation is the same, but lets just remember that Dwayne Haskins, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones, and Troy Smith all looked really good in OSU's system. Let's not forget that Barrett complete 70% of his passes, threw 50 TD's to 8 INT's, 4,831 yards, with damn near the same rating as Fields. Again, I know they aren't the same, I know Fields was the highest rated QB OSU has had, but that doesn't change the fact that questions need to be asked until an OSU QB succeeds at the next level.

Don't get so bent out of shape over it. None of us are rooting against him. Why would we want the highest potential QB in our history to fail? I just refuse to drink the Kool Aid, and then have to sit back in misery if it doesn't work.
    Donít care ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Donít care ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 05-11-2021 at 02:37 PM.

The reason your opinion can't be taken seriously is that you said the "OSU system". Literally the only guys that were in the same system are Haskins and Fields. Stop acting like all QBs from the same college played in the same "system" it makes you seem uneducated on the facts. Those other QBs were in completely different systems under different staffs. You are the biggest Mac Jones lover around so will he suck just because McElroy, AJ, Simms, Coker, etc sucked? It's just a dumb argument. No one is saying Fields is perfect but he's very likely the 2nd if not the best QB in the class not 4th where he was taken.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

I have questions about Fields. My main concern is him holding the ball too long and how that will affect his game in the pros.

I don't feel cocky, I know for a fact this is the best QB prospect we have drafted since I've been alive. I loved me some sexy rexy lol.

What are you even talking about with the comparisons? JT Barrett never even had a year over 65% of his passes. What combinations of stats are you using to get to 50/8/4800? That never happened just like the 70% completion didn't happen. Barretts best year didn't touch Fields worst year in rating either.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    I have questions about Fields. My main concern is him holding the ball too long and how that will affect his game in the pros.

I don't feel cocky, I know for a fact this is the best QB prospect we have drafted since I've been alive. I loved me some sexy rexy lol.

What are you even talking about with the comparisons? JT Barrett never even had a year over 65% of his passes. What combinations of stats are you using to get to 50/8/4800? That never happened just like the 70% completion didn't happen. Barretts best year didn't touch Fields worst year in rating either.
    And that's why fans are excited. It's the same reason they were excited to get Cutler. Despite his flaws, in terms of pure talent, we'd never had a QB like that, until now.

Who the hell knows if he's going to pan out or if Nagy's the right guy to develop him, but this is absolutely uncharted territory for this organization. It's fine to be skeptical, but it's also fine to be really hyped too, especially after the hopelessness of the last two seasons.

Pretty sure those numbers were Haskins'

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Pretty sure those numbers were Haskins'
    In fairness, it's hard to tell them apart you know cuz they all came from the "OSU system" including Troy Smith in the mid 2000s with Jim Tressel as coach when they ran the power I.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Sorry I was looking up all 3 and wrote the wrong name with those numbers. I meant Haskins.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    And that's why fans are excited. It's the same reason they were excited to get Cutler. Despite his flaws, in terms of pure talent, we'd never had a QB like that, until now.

Who the hell knows if he's going to pan out or if Nagy's the right guy to develop him, but this is absolutely uncharted territory for this organization. It's fine to be skeptical, but it's also fine to be really hyped too, especially after the hopelessness of the last two seasons.
    Not all of us were excited about Cutler though. A lot felt like he was pretty overrated, and we gave up a lot. I agree we all were accepting because we've been so deprived of QB talent our entire lives.

I will say, I was furious when Cutler got extended. He literally didn't show he could be trusted to consistently win games for us, and yet they still paid him big time money. I remember saying when it happened, that they only resigned him because they were too embarrassed to admit the trade didn't pay off in the long run.

Listen I'm not mad we got Fields. I think we got pretty good value to land a QB with his upside. While I wanted Mac Jones at our pick, which I started realizing wasn't possible when I saw the Pats in front of us, I didn't want Mac Jones in a trade up like that. I didn't think Fields was truly going to fall past 3rd. My biggest fear was Trev/Wilson/Fields go top 3, and we make the move we made for Lance. That would have been a nightmare for me. When it comes to Fields and Mac, Mac has 1 way to be good whereas Fields can be good in a multitude of ways. My main point in my previous posts is, A stop bashing people who are questioning things that should be questioned, and B) humble ourselves a little bit. It'll be a lot less embarrassing if he doesn't work out.

I have no problem with dabears stance. I'm stoked about Fields, but admittedly I don't have high expectations. This is Chicago, the HC is Matt Nagy, and historically, the Bears cannot get the position solved and OSU can't produce an NFL QB worth a damned. Does that mean anything present today with regards to Fields? No. I'm excited, I can't wait for the season, but I'm going into it with zero expectations. I think everyone here knows my thoughts on Nagy. He's a subpar HC/OC (by quite a bit) who could never adjust, learn from his mistakes, or frankly, get out of his own way. Luckily, Flip and Lazor are on the staff, but Nagy will still be calling plays, game planning, and mentoring Fields. He has a huge uphill battle with all of that...but it is exciting right now because he is the best prospect/talent the Bears have ever had at the position.

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast