Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    He’s like Russ and Watson mixture with body type and energy on the field

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    What are the comps you guys are seeing with Fields?

I see Dak, but probably with a bit better deep ball. Similar size, build, playing style, etc.

Have also heard Culpeper too, which I wouldn't mind at all.
    Mine is Donovan McNabb. He is built almost exactly like Donovan, and McNabb was a much better athlete than he's given credit for. Still Fields is definitely far far more athletic than both Dak and McNabb. He's a legit 4.3-4.4 40 guy, but never looks to run first.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Fields is a much better athlete than Dak. I'd go with Cam, but with elite accuracy. Russell Wilson also isn't a bad one.
    Yeah taller Russ is a good one and something justin is currently emulating. Cam was definitely always more of a power runner whereas Justin is a speed runner. I've never really been a fan of the Cam comps other than how they are built. Fields is just so far ahead of Cam as a QB coming out of college. Cam was never really an elite thrower.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Yeah taller Russ is a good one and something justin is currently emulating. Cam was definitely always more of a power runner whereas Justin is a speed runner. I've never really been a fan of the Cam comps other than how they are built. Fields is just so far ahead of Cam as a QB coming out of college. Cam was never really an elite thrower.
    I'm sure you've watched much more of Fields than I have, but I guess to me, like, he plays more similarly to Cam in my mind. Like, Fields' game is not to extend plays and get outside the pocket, and/or improvise the way Wilson tends to, he very much seems to live and die in the pocket in general, which is more like Cam. He's just a much better passer.

The Culpepper comp isn't bad either, but trying to compare athletes from that era to now is hard.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 05-03-2021 at 10:05 PM.

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicag...rVIGRyS7TJrOCY

Wow Paton was actively shopping 9 right up until they had to turn in the pick. Pace got real lucky with the picks he had to give up compared to what it would’ve cost to move up higher, and obviously super lucky Fields dropped out of the top 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/670TheScore/stat...040937479?s=20

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    He’s like Russ and Watson mixture with body type and energy on the field
    I like this one.

Lol wrong forum

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I see Dak, but probably with a bit better deep ball. Similar size, build, playing style, etc.

I see a more athletic Andrew Luck.
    Screw sabermetics.

I see a lot of Watson in his game. Similar play styles and athleticism. Cam is a good comp with the size and athletic ability. But with the combination of athleticism and passing abilities. I would have to go with Watson. What I find most intriguing about my two comps for him in Cam and Watson. I believe both of them had really great rookie seasons.

Bears take QB Justin Fields

Last edited by bears88; 05-04-2021 at 07:26 AM.

Haters on Facebook are calling him “another Dwayne Haskins”...lol

Can't get over how ignorant sports fans are to probability, and what makes a good pick a good pick. Like, so many cringe takes.

Just because Fields could bust, and even if he does bust, it doesn't make it a bad pick. To some extent, GMs are guessing. No one has a crystal ball. But this pick gave the Bears the best chance to sustain success. Generally speaking, if you don't have a QB, drafting one is a good pick. With Fields though, it's not like drafting Trubisky. In that instance, we traded up where we could've already probably gotten him, or if not, someone with equally, if not, more hype in Deshaun Watson. With Fields? There isn't another prospect like him that was available at the time we got him, and there was no reason he should've even been available where he was.

There's this propensity to treat all these guys like they're just lottery tickets, and that we have to wait 3-4 years down the road before we can grade a pick. But it's obviously not like that. Not all prospects are equal. If Ryan Pace had drafted me to play QB, you wouldn't have to wait 3 years to know it was a bad pick. Even if I turned out to be really good, there's no reason to believe I would be. The strategy can make sense, even if the outcome is bad, and vice-versa. With Cole Kmet, I'll always dislike the pick. Even if he turns into Travis Kelce, it was just bad value because there was no reason to believe we couldn't have gotten him later.

Anyway, if everything is hindsight, then there's no real skill to being a GM, and it's just random luck, and there's nothing to criticize. This obviously isn't true. If the doctor can give you an 80% prognosis or a 15% prognosis, I think we'd all take the 80% even though we could still die. You can have two thoughts in your head at the same time. I'm excited for Fields, even though I know he could bust and that the trade could ultimately have set us back even further. The potential benefit far exceeds the risk in trading for him. I'd rather the team go down swinging than coast into what would be a long rebuild anyway if we don't have a QB.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 05-04-2021 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post

The only similarity they share is being OSU QBs.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post

Thats absurd.. Not even wasting time getting into detail.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast