Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bears88 View Post
    A friend of mine who is a major idiot told me that fields will be anther Craig krenzel lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol Krenzel wasn’t even good in college. I know this person wasn’t serious though

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Lol Krenzel wasn’t even good in college. I know this person wasn’t serious though
    He was good enough to win a national championship.. anybody who knew his story knows that he wasn’t planning on an NFL career when he majored in Molecular Biology. He said however long he is in the league was a bonus, his real career focus was science.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    He was good enough to win a national championship.. anybody who knew his story knows that he wasn’t planning on an NFL career when he majored in Molecular Biology. He said however long he is in the league was a bonus, his real career focus was science.
    He was good enough to manage games for his defense. They won with defense, coaching, and A stud RB in Clarrett that milked games away for them. He did have that huge throw vs. Purdue that saved their season though. The dude was average AF though.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    He was good enough to manage games for his defense. They won with defense, coaching, and A stud RB in Clarrett that milked games away for them. He did have that huge throw vs. Purdue that saved their season though. The dude was average AF though.
    Im not saying he was a superstar by any means.. The QB's main job in football is take care of the football and put the ball in your play makers hands, that is what he did. He was never the type to put up eye-popping numbers or anything like that, he was a classic game manager. The D and Clarett were huge that year, but Krenzel also made plays (surprisingly) with his slow legs, getting 1st downs through their stretch of extremely close wins.

This was his evaluation from Gary Danielson at ESPN ahead of the draft:
    Craig came out of nowhere as a guy who was considered nothing more than a holdover, and maybe not even a likely starter with highly-touted freshman Justin Zwick coming in this year. But he has built a darn good history at Ohio State with smarts, calmness, level-headedness and determination. He doesn't get as much credit as he deserves for his skills because the Ohio State staff keeps things locked down and plays to the strength of the defense, but in the right offense Craig would be every bit the quarterback other guys at the top of the game are. He just hasn't been able to show his skills because of the offense he is running.

Bears take QB Justin Fields

I need football
    Last edited by Stunner; 05-13-2021 at 10:43 PM.

Surreal seeing him in Bears gear

Must be so awesome for our OSU guys here to see him in a Bears uniform. I can hardly contain myself despite knowing very well what a dump that school is

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Is Fields here if Pace was purely making the decisions from jump? Interesting question.

Safe to say, this has Nagy's imprint all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Is Fields here if Pace was purely making the decisions from jump? Interesting question.

I doubt it. I somewhat trust Nagy's ability to scout QBs based on his draft preference of Mahomes and Watson over Trubisky. Now time to see if he can develop one. Will probably show how much impact he actually had on Mahomes' development or if it's just Andy Reid.

Probably for the best that Pace wasn't the primary decision maker on the QB anyway. Let Pace concentrate on all those late round picks. I'm also hoping that he'll begin to stockpile picks more now. Need a lot of draft capital to put talent around Fields while he's still on that rookie contract.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post

Idk..... I honestly don't know if anything changes on Philosophy. Its clear Pace is Aggressive when he likes a guy and in the case of the QB its a sure fire need since they moved on from mitch. I coule surely see a trade up if things all fell the same way. But maybe it would have been for Jones not fields.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast