Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Is Fields here if Pace was purely making the decisions from jump? Interesting question.

Safe to say, this has Nagy's imprint all over it.
    Actually gonna say yes it would've been the same in this case. I don't think there's any chance or reason to believe he liked Jones more. The only possible alternative would've been for him to trade up to 3 before the 49ers did if he liked Trey Lance that much. Don't think he didn't do that because of Nagy's advise.

I do think he would've made the same trade up to 11 for Trey Lance if Fields had been the pick at 3. And frankly, I wouldn't have hated it just cause we needed to take a real swing at QB.

I definitely donít think you get the same level of excitement from the fan base if the pick is Lance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just hoping by next year they can draft some one that fields is familiar with like olave or Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by bears88 View Post
    Just hoping by next year they can draft some one that fields is familiar with like olave or Wilson.

There's a good chance both of those guys are 1st rounders next year. Dark horse pick would be Jeremy Ruckert at TE. We'll definitely need another TE next year as Graham will likely be toast. Ruckert and Fields have a good rapport and Ruckert is uber talented OSU just doesn't use TEs much.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Quote Originally Posted by giventofly View Post
    Must be so awesome for our OSU guys here to see him in a Bears uniform. I can hardly contain myself despite knowing very well what a dump that school is

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    I had a boner for a week!

Quote Originally Posted by ChiFanKeith View Post
    I definitely donít think you get the same level of excitement from the fan base if the pick is Lance.
    Yeah for sure considering Lance attempted less passes in college than Mitch. And it was against lesser competition. Fields has a lot more solid resume. Torching Clemson in the playoffs was big.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    Yeah for sure considering Lance attempted less passes in college than Mitch. And it was against lesser competition. Fields has a lot more solid resume. Torching Clemson in the playoffs was big.
    Not only that but Fields petitioned to be able to play the season and played multiple games hurt while Lance chose to sit out all but one mediocre played game. That tells me everything I need to know about who I'd want as the leader of my franchise.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728