Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 412
  1. #286
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    19,681
    He will start. Heís got the maturity and composure of a vet and his talent vs. Daltonís HIGHLY increases the Bears chances of winning games, which Nagy/Pace must do a lot next season otherwise they will be canned. Mack and co. arenít getting any younger on the other side.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #287
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    28,680
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv8O8TF57Cg

    Brett Kollman and his podcast co-host (a Bears fan) had a pretty great day 1 reaction to Justin Fields pick during their draft livestream. Skip to 2:38:20.

  3. #288
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    51,912

  4. #289
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    71,028
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv8O8TF57Cg

    Brett Kollman and his podcast co-host (a Bears fan) had a pretty great day 1 reaction to Justin Fields pick during their draft livestream. Skip to 2:38:20.
    It's cool to see these reactions because I imagine a lot of fans felt the same way, as in they didn't have any chance at getting Fields.

    I thought he'd slide a little bit, but not really outside of the top 10 and I'm surprised some of the teams with shaky QB situations (Panthers, Broncos - the Rodgers stuff seemingly came out at the perfect time) passed on him.

  5. #290
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    28,680
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    It's cool to see these reactions because I imagine a lot of fans felt the same way, as in they didn't have any chance at getting Fields.

    I thought he'd slide a little bit, but not really outside of the top 10 and I'm surprised some of the teams with shaky QB situations (Panthers, Broncos - the Rodgers stuff seemingly came out at the perfect time) passed on him.
    Yep. Didn't think there was a chance in hell. I was as apathetic about the Bears as anything. I wasn't even thinking about football season, nor did I care. In one fell swoop, I'm completely obsessed again and hate that it's only May.

  6. #291
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,884
    I definitely believe he could start in his rookie year. I believe heís better than a lot of recent rookie QBs who started. Some who wasnít as high prospects as Justin. Donít know why he canít do what Murray did or Jackson did in their rookie seasons. I actually believe heís a better qb than Lamar Jackson. Harbaugh did a great job scheming a game plan for him and he took over in the middle of the season for a pretty good ravens team but Lamarís game was limited to one reads and run vanilla offense. I truly believe Justinís on par with Lamar (one of the most overrated players in the league IMO), Kyler Murray, Josh Allen, Watson, Herbert, Tua,etc.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #292
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    14,212
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    It's cool to see these reactions because I imagine a lot of fans felt the same way, as in they didn't have any chance at getting Fields.

    I thought he'd slide a little bit, but not really outside of the top 10 and I'm surprised some of the teams with shaky QB situations (Panthers, Broncos - the Rodgers stuff seemingly came out at the perfect time) passed on him.
    As soon as I saw Bears on the clock I jumped up from the couch and started screaming at the TV. Then the excitement turned to nervousness because I thought it may be for Jones. Then when I saw Justin and his family gone from camera and the empty couch I knew he was getting the call. Then I really started freaking out. I'm sad that no one in my family recorded me I would have loved to watch my own reaction. One of the top 5 most exciting moments for me watching sports tbh. Once in a lifetime moment watching my favorite NFL team draft one of my favorite players ever from my favorite college team. There was a lot of raw emotion for sure.


    Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

  8. #293
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,337
    Carlos was up there promoting a good cause and every Bears fan was on the edge of their seats screaming JUST SAY THE ****ING PICK.

  9. #294
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    10,012
    Not at all surprised he has least screen yards. I watched a lot of OSU games, and he hated taking that easy pass. That was the thing that worried me most about him. Making the easy play is what makes Brady the winner he is.

  10. #295
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    28,680
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Not at all surprised he has least screen yards. I watched a lot of OSU games, and he hated taking that easy pass. That was the thing that worried me most about him. Making the easy play is what makes Brady the winner he is.
    It's so not lol

  11. #296
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,884
    Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    Carlos was up there promoting a good cause and every Bears fan was on the edge of their seats screaming JUST SAY THE ****ING PICK.
    Yeah. I work with Carlos. It made the pick even sweeter. Will always remember that day.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #297
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,337
    Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    Yeah. I work with Carlos. It made the pick even sweeter. Will always remember that day.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He seems like a good dude. They had him on the radio shows this week. What an awesome moment for him.

  13. #298
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    35,436
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    It's so not lol
    I mean if anyone would nitpick something minor, it is you. But I'm really not sure how you could argue with the bolded.

    This doesn't take anything away from the fact that Brady is the likely GOAT, but a massive part of his success (particularly in the second half of his career) was his ability to patiently, methodically, and consistently check down in the short and intermediate passing range and methodically drive down the field and wear down the defense throughout the game.

  14. #299
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    28,680
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    I mean if anyone would nitpick something minor, it is you. But I'm really not sure how you could argue with the bolded.

    This doesn't take anything away from the fact that Brady is the likely GOAT, but a massive part of his success (particularly in the second half of his career) was his ability to patiently, methodically, and consistently check down in the short and intermediate passing range and methodically drive down the field and wear down the defense throughout the game.
    I think there's much more to Brady's greatness than "making the easy play." You sort of elaborated on it in your post. Idk, maybe just the phrasing of the post made it seem overly simplistic.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 05-05-2021 at 10:26 PM.

  15. #300
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    51,912

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •