Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    It's so nice to see all the people that just called me biased for wanting Fields now being on the bandwagon (not directed at you). I've wanted this to happen pretty much since midway through last season. I can't wait to see him get on the field.
    Iíve been in love with Fields since last CFB season. I just never imagined a scenario where weíd have him available to us. I know ultimately how good he ends up will be talked about the most, but taken in isolation, this is one of the most fortuitous things to ever happen to the Bears. At least in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Admittedly I donít watch a ton of CFB outside of Arizona (alma mater) and the PAC 12 (this is why I loved the Jaylon Johnson pick for example because I knew he was big time), so I know generally who is good but I couldnít tell you much about them. Iím pretty happy to say after watching a ton of Fields the last week or so that Iím a believer. The man just makes all the throws and heís an awesome athlete. And heís smart. Total package. Iím all in. Itís a way different feeling than Mitch. Way different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With Mitch, I forced myself into believing he will be great because I was pissed we passed on Watson. With Fields itís 100% natural to believe he will be great because of all the attributes and intangibles.

Oh man the hype is real

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    Iíve been in love with Fields since last CFB season. I just never imagined a scenario where weíd have him available to us. I know ultimately how good he ends up will be talked about the most, but taken in isolation, this is one of the most fortuitous things to ever happen to the Bears. At least in my lifetime.
    Absolutely. San Fran taking Lance over him, then having Detroit, Atlanta, Denver and Carolina passing on him and the Patriots and WFT not trading up for him... I never thought a possibility existed.

But of course the same is said about Rodgers, Wilson, Mahomes, etc. We all saw what happened to Mahomes against TB when his line was banged up. However, those guys also make a ton of huge plays happen by holding the ball. I'm confident it can be easily fixed with proper coaching. Flip will help him a lot.
    I haven't watched enough of OSU to know, but from what I've heard, another reason he may hang onto the ball so long is because it's such a vertical offense, meaning he needs the plays to develop before pulling the trigger, which is similar to the QB's you've mentioned. I don't know if it's always the case, but it'd be nice to have a QB willing to throw it deep as often as Fields seems capable.

Nagy gets a lot of heat around here (and among the fan base overall), but he's still running essentially the same system as Andy Reid, but with a few of his own wrinkles. You can only do so much in an offense that relies on open space + YAC and deep shots with a QB unwilling (or unable) to hit guys outside of 10 yards.

I was admittedly pretty neutral on Fields because I was very high on Wilson and just didn't watch enough of him TBH, but also thought the criticism of him was way over the top. That stuff seemingly happens to a top tier QB every year lately (Watson, Lamar, Allen, Herbert, and now Fields). Hopefully he and Nagy are a good match because I'd hate to see this organization ruin another young QB by cycling through coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    With Mitch, I forced myself into believing he will be great because I was pissed we passed on Watson. With Fields itís 100% natural to believe he will be great because of all the attributes and intangibles.

Yeah, Mitch felt like the safe pick instead of the home run pick.

Not sure if anyone here listens to the Athletic Football Show podcast, but it's hosted by Robert Mays (huge Bears fan) and they were doing a live broadcast on Thursday, starting with the 10th pick. His reaction, from the moment the trade came in until the pick, was pretty great. It was a good encapsulation of what I imagine a lot of Bears fans were feeling in the moment. Worth the listen IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post

I really liked Mitch and Mahomes, but wasn't crazy about taking either that high. Ironically, Mahomes and Watson went in the same range Fields just did. Same with Josh Allen. I really think San Francisco over thought it, plus the reports indicate Shanahan really did want Mac, but Lynch wanted Lance. That reminds me a lot of what happened here with Mitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Not sure if anyone here listens to the Athletic Football Show podcast, but it's hosted by Robert Mays (huge Bears fan) and they were doing a live broadcast on Thursday, starting with the 10th pick. His reaction, from the moment the trade came in until the pick, was pretty great. It was a good encapsulation of what I imagine a lot of Bears fans were feeling in the moment. Worth the listen IMO.
    I saw that clip, and yeah, that was really cool. He wasn't hamming it up cause he was on camera either, it felt really authentic.

It's so nice to see all the people that just called me biased for wanting Fields now being on the bandwagon (not directed at you). I've wanted this to happen pretty much since midway through last season. I can't wait to see him get on the field.
    You are biased...lol

BUT ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!

I wouldnít call me a bandwagoner with Fields. I know that wasnít directed at me. I still have my same reservations about him holding the ball too long, and his games Vs NW and IU last year will be stuck in my mind when he plays good NFL defenses.

I will say I would have been pissed had we pulled a 9ers esque trade to move up to the top 5 to get him. For the potential, it wasnít a bad move for us.

My issue with him was he would miss wide open check downs and hold the ball to long in those games Vs pro style defenses. He never seemed to have a quick release. I get the argument that they had a vertical offense, but in the NFL, you need to be able to check down too. You need to make extremely quick reads. Thatís why I liked Mac, because I saw him do all the little things that a long term successful NFL QB does.

Iím going in with my arms wide open though. I want him to succeed. I want to say Iím wrong

https://twitter.com/dan_bernstein/st...957933569?s=19

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Oh man the hype is real

Another thing I said but no one listened. Prior to the Indiana game there were legitimate debates about who QB1 actually was. Lawrence is very very good but Fields has the potential to be even better.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Another thing I said but no one listened. Prior to the Indiana game there were legitimate debates about who QB1 actually was. Lawrence is very very good but Fields has the potential to be even better.
    He's already my favorite bear ever

Click here to register!

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast