Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I think most of it stems from what a sore loser he's been in the past. Most notably was his super bowl reaction where he cut off the press conference despite the fact he was doing the super man stuff all year and teh whole "if you don't like it, then stop me" talk. Idk if it's fair to say that makes him a diva or bad lockerroom guy, but it put a lot of people off to him. At the very least, it showed a certain lack of maturity.

Off the field I understand he's been incredibly charitable though.
    This. Not a bad guy but I wouldn't say a great leader. I'm glad that Justin said he now looks up to Russell Wilson. That's a perfect role model for him to have as a player and leader.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    This. Not a bad guy but I wouldn't say a great leader. I'm glad that Justin said he now looks up to Russell Wilson. That's a perfect role model for him to have as a player and leader.
    Crazy how we were all willing to sell the farm for the next 3 years for a 30+ yr old Wilson, instead we were able to draft a young version of him by giving up only next year’s first. Fields falling to 11 might be the equivalent of the Bulls getting #1 in 08 with a 1.7% chance. Let’s just pray he has a much longer superstar career than D-Rose [emoji1374]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'd be okay with him being the next Russell Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I think I'd be okay with him being the next Russell Wilson.
    His perceived issues are also the same as Russell's. Holds the ball too long, gets sacked too much, etc I'd take it because he'll also make a ton of big plays.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    His perceived issues are also the same as Russell's. Holds the ball too long, gets sacked too much, etc I'd take it because he'll also make a ton of big plays.
    I’d rather have that than the Mitch panicky dink and dunk ********. The designed runs should be fun too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I’d rather have that than the Mitch panicky dink and dunk ********. The designed runs should be fun too.

Yeah underrated aspect of the Fields pick is it helps both the RBs and the Oline. Really opens things up for Mont. And on the other side Fields plays much better with a strong RB. He played overall better in 2019 with Dobbins and in 2020 when Trey Sermon came on. When Master Teague was struggling to pick up yards it put a lot on Justin to produce.

I didn't realize Fields was as cerebral as it seems. Exactly why I say it's hard to truly judge QBs especially without directly conversing.

Part of me (whether I wanted to admit it to myself) knew Mitch would never amount to anything just by hearing him speak.

Really excited.

Hopefully his epilepsy won’t effect him during his career. That is the only thing that concerns me.

Quote Originally Posted by bears88 View Post
    Hopefully his epilepsy won’t effect him during his career. That is the only thing that concerns me.

As long as he remembers his meds there is no concern. He will be fine. Most people grow out of it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    I didn't realize Fields was as cerebral as it seems. Exactly why I say it's hard to truly judge QBs especially without directly conversing.

Part of me (whether I wanted to admit it to myself) knew Mitch would never amount to anything just by hearing him speak.

Really excited.
    I said that when he was drafted and people weren't happy to hear it.

I get it though , plenty of qbs that aren't bright have succeeded.

It's not like I'm some professional scout it was more of "luck" I guess that I was right, but that's not the word I want to use because I would have preferred he panned out.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 05-01-2021 at 05:15 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bears88 View Post

Been playing football since 9th grade with the diagnosis never missed a practice or game. Non issue.

Really excited.
    "As The Draft Network’s Benjamin Solak referenced in a recent article, Fields had a higher number of pass attempts beyond his first read (19.69%) than any of the other top QB prospects. What’s more, Fields’ 69% completion rate on such attempts was way better than Lawrence’s 43.4%."

"PFF Grade on throws past 1st read since 2019: (min. 60 attempts)

1st - Justin Fields - 90.6
    2nd - Zach Wilson - 90.1
    3rd - Trey Lance - 87.2
    7th - Trevor Lawrence - 78.6
    8th - Mac Jones - 75.7"

"This guy, Dr. Goldman, he's a sports psychologist," Sanchez said. "I talked to him yesterday. He has some interesting information on how he evaluates players, all players from all different sports, OK? Since 2012, this guy's interviewed and given basically a mental aptitude test on an iPad [to] 6,500 athletes. Professional athletes, not just this Average Joe walking down the street.

"They have a learning efficiency rating on there, so it's basically [about] acquisition -- like how many reps does it take until you get it, until you understand something -- and then your recall. Like, once you have it, can you bring it back and use it, right? That's basically what they're trying to figure out in that part of this test.

"Justin Fields, the guy who supposedly can't go through his reads, doesn't have great work ethic, all this bogus stuff -- he scored the highest. Ever. He scored the highest that they can rank him. He scored a 130 on it. [Patrick] Mahomes was like a 108. Josh Allen was like a 108. Over 100 is good.

Really excited.
    The guy has it for sure. He speaks, acts, and looks like a star. Additionally, he has the talent of a star. Idk that Mitch is any dumber sounding than a lot of NFL QBs that are good, I just think he isn't as talented and he has no football IQ. He definitely doesn't exude the confidence that Fields does.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast