Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

2016 World Series Champions!!!

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Via Bleacher Report.

Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State

Strengths: Efficient operator, protects the football, top-shelf athleticism, toughness

Weaknesses: Inconsistent play speed, pre- and post-snap blitz recognition, eye manipulation

An old adage states, "If you see a player do it once, you can coach him up to do it again."

In Justin Fields' case, NFL evaluators have seen him play at a high level throughout the majority of his two seasons as the Ohio State Buckeyes' starting quarterback. Although, inconsistencies can be found during the evaluation process.

At his best, the 22-year-old is as efficient, athletic and tough as any prospect in this year's class. Fields' absolute best came in the Sugar Bowl against the Clemson Tigers when he threw for 385 yards (a career high) and six touchdowns despite suffering a hip pointer early in the contest.

But questions about how he works through progressions and the speed of his decision-making continue to make the rounds despite obvious examples found on film of his doing both quickly and precisely. Yet, shaky performances against Indiana and Northwestern are worth noting.

Fields completed 68.4 percent of his passes, including 70.2 percent last year. The 6'3", 228-pound signal-caller adds another dynamic as a runner with 4.41-second 40-yard-dash speed.

Fields is a great example of a multiyear starter being overanalyzed when the good clearly outweighs the questionable aspects of his game. His traits show a quarterback capable of excelling in the pros.

And the Chicago Bears took notice.

In an offseason when it looked like the Bears would be blocked from acquiring a high-end quarterback, the board fell in Chicagoís favor and general manager Ryan Pace made an aggressive move to acquire an elite talent.

Fields is exactly what the franchise so desperately needed. Andy Dalton was never going to be the answer. Maybe the veteran could have been place holder for a playoff-caliber roster.

But that possibility no longer matters. Fields was shamefully torn apart throughout this process despite everything he accomplished and his level of performance throughout 2019 and most of his final season on campus.

Pace and head coach Matt Nagy should breathe easier now, because they just pulled off the type of move absolutely necessary to propel the organization forward after years of floundering at the gameís most important position.

Grade: A+

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    You still have the circus shows on twitter it's def not unanimous.
    People love to complain. Even if Fields doesnít work out it was a good move. You have to take talent like Fields when heís there for the taking.

Fox Sports

Rang's grade: Skewered throughout the pre-draft process for the misconception he was not a hard worker or accurate enough to be successful in the NFL, Fields is the gritty, composed and dangerous dual-threat passe Bears fans (and coach Matt Nagy) have been waiting for. With veterans Andy Dalton and Nick Foles already on the roster, the Bears don't have to push Fields onto the field too soon, but he'll earn the starting role soon enough. A gutsy pick that will ultimately pay off big for the Bears. Grade: A

-Rem Koolhaas

Unlike Trubisky this guy has a track record, I canít fault Pace on this pick if Fields fails. Is there any chance its an open competition to start the season or is it Dalton week 1? Fans will be screaming for Fields

Athletic

Pick 11, Chicago Bears: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
    Fields started 22 games in college and put up silly numbers, completing 68.4 percent of his passes with 67 touchdowns and nine interceptions. He also ran for 1,133 yards and 19 scores. At 6-foot-3, 227 pounds, Fields is a legit dual-threat option. And at Ohio State, he ran an offense that called for him to go through his progressions and push the ball downfield. Most quarterbacks need a strong support system to succeed, and thatís the case with Fields. But make no mistake. His profile of athleticism, accuracy and toughness lends to a high ceiling.

Iíve been consistently critical of the Bearsí front office, but this move makes a lot of sense. They moved up nine spots, gave up a fifth this year, a first next year and a fourth next year. Thatís a reasonable price for the chance of landing a franchise quarterback. The Bearsí coaching staff needs to help him, but Fields brings juice to a franchise that was stuck in mud.

Grade: A

11. Chicago Bears: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
    (Pick from New York Giants)
    The Bears make the bold (and smart) move to get their quarterback, trading up for Fields. The Ohio State product has outstanding physical traits with the toughness and natural accuracy to create excitement in Chicago. Not many general managers get to draft multiple first-round quarterbacks in a four-year span, but this is an opportunity for Ryan Pace to change the narrative of his drafting history.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Unlike Trubisky this guy has a track record, I canít fault Pace on this pick if Fields fails. Is there any chance its an open competition to start the season or is it Dalton week 1? Fans will be screaming for Fields
    My take on this? They can call it an open competition all they want. But Fields actually has experience, he's got the talent. He has to start day one. We traded our next year's first for him. This team is in win now as it's ever been. Can't afford to start Foles or Dalton even one game.

Pace was smart reaching out to Gettleman, because if there was another team locked in on Fields, it was gonna be Washington and no way would a division rival trade with them so they can move up to get a potential division disrupting QB for the next decade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When does his Jersey go on sale?? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    My take on this? They can call it an open competition all they want. But Fields actually has experience, he's got the talent. He has to start day one. We traded our next year's first for him. This team is in win now as it's ever been. Can't afford to start Foles or Dalton even one game.
    I wish you were in charge, this group I have zero faith in. If Fields is in and we are still running that heavy bubble screen crap I swear......

See now the long wait for him to take snaps and make sure we don't **** this up!!!

Crazy we actually drafted someone I believe is talented enough to actually be a franchise QB and it's not taking me 16 puff pieces to believe it.

Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Iíd honestly love to take the Mahomes approach with Fields, however I believe Fields is more pro-ready than Mahomes was due to the fact he played at OSU and went up against guys who will start week 1 in Lawrence and Jones (maybe, itís Bill so who knows).

Training camp will be fierce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PFF Draft Grade

Pick Grade:Elite
    The Bears underwhelmed when they settled for Andy Dalton earlier in the offseason, but they redressed the situation with an aggressive move for Justin Fields, the No. 3 player on PFFís Big Board. Fields has special talent and three straight seasons with a 90.0-plus PFF grade. His ceiling is as high as any passer in this draft, and heís a real threat in the run game
    So the first one I found that is not an A.... We only got an Elite.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    When does his Jersey go on sale?? Lol
    It already is on fanatics

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast