Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Round 1, pick 7: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

Detroit Lions 2021 draft picks
    1st Round, No. 7 overall | Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
    Instant grade: A-plus

Analysis: Sewell is my favorite prospect in the draft. He has the size, agility and nastiness to be a top-tier lineman in the NFL, and he's the best offensive line prospect since Quinton Nelson. What will Detroit do with Taylor Decker? Sewell may be the better option already at left tackle, though Decker has been a LT throughout his time in Detroit.

Analyst's take: NFL.com analyst Bucky Brooks: "The 2021 offensive tackle class is packed with quality prospects who have plug-and-play potential. Sewell is the headliner."

Tim Twentyman's take: A home run for Lions general manager Brad Holmes in his first draft. Sewell plays the game with "violent intentions," and he's likely to slot into the right tackle spot and solidify Detroit's offensive line for years to come. Detroit has bookend tackles with Decker and Sewell, and a Pro Bowl center in Ragnow. Suddenly, Detroit has one of the most talented offensive line groups in the NFL.

Mike O'Hara's take: I'll leave it to what ESPN analyst Booger McFarland said about the pick: "That fits from a physicality standpoint what they want to do."

One move in the draft in April -- Sewell -- gives visions of the Lions running the ball in September through December.
    Last edited by Lionsfanfromsac; 04-29-2021 at 10:40 PM.
    [img] [/img]
    ^Thanks for the memories #9^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

seems like the right pick. A bit surprised we weren't able to trade back with a QB still on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    seems like the right pick. A bit surprised we weren't able to trade back with a QB still on the board.
    I think we could have seeing the other moves being made but I think this is who they wanted.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    I think we could have seeing the other moves being made but I think this is who they wanted.
    I'm all for it, if that is the case. The dude seems to be a no brainer success.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Detroit Lions 2021 draft picks
    1st Round, No. 7 overall | Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
    Instant grade: A-plus

Analysis: Sewell is my favorite prospect in the draft. He has the size, agility and nastiness to be a top-tier lineman in the NFL, and he's the best offensive line prospect since Quinton Nelson. What will Detroit do with Taylor Decker? Sewell may be the better option already at left tackle, though Decker has been a LT throughout his time in Detroit.
    I think Decker stays at LT this year and eventually we move him to RT.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Thank You for the memories Coach Williams and Good Luck to Coach Davis!
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post

can you imagine if we re-signed glasgow?

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    can you imagine if we re-signed glasgow?
    We have one of the top OLINES in the league if not the best

Last edited by vader817; 04-30-2021 at 08:12 AM.

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Thank You for the memories Coach Williams and Good Luck to Coach Davis!

Decker sucks. Sewell is a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Decker sucks. Sewell is a lot better.
    Decker has held his own but I'm sure the coaching staff has a plan. Even if Sewell is the LT and Decker is the RT we have bookend tackles for the first time in forever. The only question who is playing RG.

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings

Decker has held his own but I'm sure the coaching staff has a plan. Even if Sewell is the LT and Decker is the RT we have bookend tackles for the first time in forever. The only question who is playing RG.
    Campbell came out and said Sewell will be the RT off the bat. What happens after that, we shall see.

Love the pick… So happy they did not go wide receiver.
    This instantly improves our run game and our passing game. I don’t care if Sewell starts at LT or RT... And I think the front office got this pick right.

A+ from me.
    [img] [/img]
    ^Thanks for the memories #9^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Love the pick… So happy they did not go wide receiver.
    This instantly improves our run game and our passing game. I don’t care if Sewell starts at LT or RT... And I think the front office got this pick right.

A+ from me.
    I Love this pick as well. Now if we just figure out who will play the other guard position like LFLOL said we could have one of the best if not the best OLINE in the league.

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings

Love it as well.

Decker-Sewell-Ragnow-Jackson are all good or have good upside starters on the line. Finding the other G spot between Vatai, Crosby, and Stenberg is important. Still, even with that question mark this should be one of the best o-lines in the league imo.

I'm beyond estatic to have the pick be someone on the trenches. It just well inevitable that they would pick a top rated WR. Not that WR isn't a need, but this organization had a first ballot HOF on the roster and did nothing with it. Time to switch up the approach.

Now, on to the 2nd round. This has to be a hit. We have to have someone who produces for us.

Man I really like this front office and coaching staff. I know they got to get some wins but right now just how they do what they say they are going to do and they aren't playing head games with anyone. Look for the war cam footage of the lions pick as Holmes is talking to Sewell before they take him and the excitement that is on his face, in his voice, and the pure emotion him and Campbell have. It feels good to be a lions fan right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast