Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    It really is a good fit. The only reason I would take Pitts over him, even though we aren't in dire need for a TE, is because Pitts is just a nightmare for DC's who is always open, literally, even if he doesn't get separation as often in the NFL. He will be any QB's best friend on any down. He is just a special player IMO, from what I have seen and he works hard and seems like a great person as well. Can't blame Atlanta or anyone not in line for a QB for taking him at all. TBH, I think the Dolphins wanted him and thought they might get him at 6, but were willing to risk it to get Waddle or Chase and whatever else they grab with the extra draft capital.
    How many more picks did they grab moving from 3 to 12 to 6 in the end anyway? I lost track?
    They ended up gaining an extra 2023 first and a 2022 third rounder as part of all the trading.

One note, their 2022 first is San Frans and not their own.

So the question really is, would you rather waddle + 2023 first + 2022 third or Pitts. That's what it amounts to...

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    They ended up gaining an extra 2023 first and a 2022 third rounder as part of all the trading.

So the question really is, would you rather waddle + 2023 first + 2022 third or Pitts. That's what it amounts to...
    Myself I would rather have Waddle, 2022 3rd and 2023 1st......Having 2 firsts in 2023 will be valuable if we need to move up and draft a QB and gives us 2 seasons to evaluate Tua.

More and more reports are coming out that the Dolphins had Waddle as their top player on the board and would have taken him over Pitts or Chase. I think that’s probably just trying to sell the fan base on not freaking out over not taking Smith. But I believe it with Chase.

Waddle just fit so perfectly with what this team needed. I still think Chase is the better bet to be a true X receiver in the NFL, but Waddle will be a huge threat on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post

Thanks very much! TBH, with that first likely being low, I'd probably rather have Pitts on this team long term. But Waddle is electric and a better fit so I think I'm pretty happy anyway. It's so close. Both terrific players.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 04-30-2021 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    More and more reports are coming out that the Dolphins had Waddle as their top player on the board and would have taken him over Pitts or Chase. I think that’s probably just trying to sell the fan base on not freaking out over not taking Smith. But I believe it with Chase.

Waddle just fit so perfectly with what this team needed. I still think Chase is the better bet to be a true X receiver in the NFL, but Waddle will be a huge threat on this team.
    This was always the case, guys who opted out got knocked down the board for the Phins. Was reported months ago that was the case and that they loved Waddle. Getting #2 overall guy at #6 is a win for them.

Waddle easily could of been the first WR off the board had he not got injured.

If you make one wrong move against him, take the wrong angle on him, he scores a TD almost every time.

And now we have Waddle AND Fuller. Tua has no excuses this year.

A link to Top Billin's video on Waddle. TakeAnotherL, thanks for pointing this guy out.

https://youtu.be/-akO1gK2IJo?t=579

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    A link to Top Billin's video on Waddle. TakeAnotherL, thanks for pointing this guy out.

https://youtu.be/-akO1gK2IJo?t=579
    No doubt, he has great content especially for Phin fans

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Waddle easily could of been the first WR off the board had he not got injured.

If you make one wrong move against him, take the wrong angle on him, he scores a TD almost every time.

And now we have Waddle AND Fuller. Tua has no excuses this year.
    Devonta Smith said himself that if Waddle didn’t get hurt he wouldn’t have won the Heisman. Waddle may not be as polished, but he was clearly the top playmaker in that offense when he was healthy.

I’m not ready to go full out “no excuses” just because there’s still going to be tons of young players on the offense. Very similar to that Broncos team last year. Super exciting future, but the offseason will still be weird and development isn’t always linear. But the offense is night and day better.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Devonta Smith said himself that if Waddle didn’t get hurt he wouldn’t have won the Heisman. Waddle may not be as polished, but he was clearly the top playmaker in that offense when he was healthy.

I’m not ready to go full out “no excuses” just because there’s still going to be tons of young players on the offense. Very similar to that Broncos team last year. Super exciting future, but the offseason will still be weird and development isn’t always linear. But the offense is night and day better.
    Were young but well coached, and drafted a lot of guys who were leaders and captains, and guys who want to work hard and bought in.

This team should be fully equipped to make a push. This was always a 3 year plan, as far as how we built the roster, and what kind of players we brought in. All of this was planned.

Not saying we have to push for a SB this year, but we should def be ready to be a top level team.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Were young but well coached, and drafted a lot of guys who were leaders and captains, and guys who want to work hard and bought in.

This team should be fully equipped to make a push. This was always a 3 year plan, as far as how we built the roster, and what kind of players we brought in. All of this was planned.

Not saying we have to push for a SB this year, but we should def be ready to be a top level team.
    We'll get better and better, meaning we will peak just in time for the playoffs.

Update:
    I wanted Pitts as I have said many times, but today I find myself downright giddy about Waddle.

nobody on the team has the type of attributes Waddle has. I think Grant may have more straight-line speed, but Waddle's cuts in and out are something out of this world lol. With this pick, I also think Parker stays in MIA for a couple more years as well, as we need that jump ball WR opposite all of this speed. Good luck to the slot CBs that have to try and cover Waddle. I think Waddle will get more double coverage than Fuller to be honest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12