Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Round 1 pick 6: WR Jaylen Waddle

I am happy

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

I’m so looking forward to seeing people like the 3YPC crew freak out that they didn’t take Smith.

Rapoport
    The #Dolphins get some skill for their QB, selecting #Bama WR Jaylen Waddle — their second overall player behind Trevor Lawrence. A player with juice for Miami.

Dude I love Waddle BUT THAT IS SPICY

Twitter is delicious right now. I could be wrong and Smith lights it up, but I think Waddle is going to be a stud.

Matt Harmon on his reception perception
    “ Jaylen Waddle led all WR prospects in this draft charted for #ReceptionPerception with an 80.3% success rate vs. man coverage. Has great speed AND control of that speed.”

They needed separation and they got it with Fuller and Waddle.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Oh my god if he wears 17 I finally have a reason to wear my Tanny jersey again.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 04-29-2021 at 09:58 PM.

I’m sad for not staying put at #3 and getting Pitts but Waddle shouldn’t be bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Oh my god if he wears 17 I finally have a reason to wear my Tanny jersey again.
    Do you by chance know a good way to remove letters from a vapor unlimited jersey? I still have that #29 jersey that I want it’s previous number owner’s name gone from.

Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    Do you by chance know a good way to remove letters from a vapor unlimited jersey? I still have that #29 jersey that I want it’s previous number owner’s name gone from.
    Unfortunately never messed with it, but you can find tutorials on google. Honestly I prefer the tape over job LOL.

"their second overall player behind Trevor Lawrence. A player with juice for Miami."

Wait... Am I reading that right? Maybe the alcohol lol

A lot of people are talking up the pick. I really think he fits perfectly as our slot this year and hopefully can take over as the 1 next year.

I love getting a player that can turn a normal short completion into a 65 yard touchdown

Post first round press conference

He's someone we've had our eye on for the past couple of years watching him," Grier said about Waddle.

We were very comfortable where we were. There were four players we felt would be where we were at 6," Dolphins Gm Chris Grier said on the trade down. "For what we wanted to do with our team on the roster we're very happy. No regrets."

At the end of the day they are both good players and really good kids. But at the end of the day the explosiveness that Waddle gives you, plus to the return ability," Dolphins GM Chris Grier said about why Waddle over Smith

Chris Grier says he didn't think Jaylen Waddle would be there at No. 6. (This is one of those lies you always see)

His role is going to be what he makes it based on the film we've seen. We think he fits inside and outside.....His versatility is part of this," Dolphins coach Brian Flores said about Jaylen Waddle. "We're very, very excited to have him."

Flores keeps mentioning the return game

God I’m so happy to see Jakeem off my team.

Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    I’m sad for not staying put at #3 and getting Pitts but Waddle shouldn’t be bad at all.
    Exactly how I feel. Time will tell if Waddle + the other draft capital can equal or be greater than Pitts, but Pitts is a star.
    But at 6 I am glad we took Waddle and I'm excited he is a Dolphin.

So, theres talk Miami had waddle so incredibly close to chase and Pitts that they were really fine taking any of them and the gap is so small. In fact, there's been lots of talk about bringing in someone who's close to Tua and has instant chemistry, which is obviously the case here.

What would really have been interesting is if the Bengals took Sewell, if Miami would have still taken Waddle over Chase.... Obviously no one knows and we never will but man, the internet would have exploded and I don't think it's even all that far fetched.

"Tidbits on Waddle: He has a perfect 158.3 passer rating when targeted in the slot since 2019… His 17 touchdowns in college averaged 44.5 yards… Waddle averaged 9.8 yards after the catch in his career at Alabama, highest among all Power 5 receivers with at least 100 catches since 2014. The Dolphins were 30th in YAC last season."

Sounds like literally the perfect fit for this offense, right?

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    So, theres talk Miami had waddle so incredibly close to chase and Pitts that they were really fine taking any of them and the gap is so small. In fact, there's been lots of talk about bringing in someone who's close to Tua and has instant chemistry, which is obviously the case here.

What would really have been interesting is if the Bengals took Sewell, if Miami would have still taken Waddle over Chase.... Obviously no one knows and we never will but man, the internet would have exploded and I don't think it's even all that far fetched.

"Tidbits on Waddle: He has a perfect 158.3 passer rating when targeted in the slot since 2019… His 17 touchdowns in college averaged 44.5 yards… Waddle averaged 9.8 yards after the catch in his career at Alabama, highest among all Power 5 receivers with at least 100 catches since 2014. The Dolphins were 30th in YAC last season."

Sounds like literally the perfect fit for this offense, right?
    It really is a good fit. The only reason I would take Pitts over him, even though we aren't in dire need for a TE, is because Pitts is just a nightmare for DC's who is always open, literally, even if he doesn't get separation as often in the NFL. He will be any QB's best friend on any down. He is just a special player IMO, from what I have seen and he works hard and seems like a great person as well. Can't blame Atlanta or anyone not in line for a QB for taking him at all. TBH, I think the Dolphins wanted him and thought they might get him at 6, but were willing to risk it to get Waddle or Chase and whatever else they grab with the extra draft capital.
    How many more picks did they grab moving from 3 to 12 to 6 in the end anyway? I lost track?

BTW did anyone else notice the size of Pitts' hands when he came out saluting the fans with his number one finger and then you could see his hand on the commissioner's back when they hugged? I always feel bad for the players having to hug a douche as they enter the league, but as it happened this time I thought I saw Irving-Fryar-like hands there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast