Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 220
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    92,470
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Someone making $35 million/year is gonna have a bit of a say in the organization. What does LaFleur make? Maybe $5 mil? Gutekunst $1 mil?
    Really bad take.

    Really bad.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    21,200
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Really bad take.

    Really bad.
    Yes, because salary doesn't necessarily reflect performance. AmericasTeam put it better.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    34,995
    I think theres a fine line.

    A company’s chief accounting officer obviously contributes a lot. But if he goes to the CEO and says he wants the chief marketing officer gone because he thinks their marketing campaigns don’t reach younger demographics well enough, the natural reaction is “what the **** are your qualification to assess that”.

    Does Aaron Rodgers understand the financial constraints placed on the team, not just salary cap but cash outflow? What is his experience scouting college players? What’s his advice on the role that medical records should play in signing/drafting guys?

    It just seems like he’s pissed off they drafted a QB too high as opposed to him actually making legitimate arguments for things specifically related to the job. Maybe I’m wrong, but seems to be coming from more of a personal vendetta than from a constructive input perspective.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    30,073
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I think theres a fine line.

    A company’s chief accounting officer obviously contributes a lot. But if he goes to the CEO and says he wants the chief marketing officer gone because he thinks their marketing campaigns don’t reach younger demographics well enough, the natural reaction is “what the **** are your qualification to assess that”.

    Does Aaron Rodgers understand the financial constraints placed on the team, not just salary cap but cash outflow? What is his experience scouting college players? What’s his advice on the role that medical records should play in signing/drafting guys?

    It just seems like he’s pissed off they drafted a QB too high as opposed to him actually making legitimate arguments for things specifically related to the job. Maybe I’m wrong, but seems to be coming from more of a personal vendetta than from a constructive input perspective.
    There is a 0 percent chance there isn't an extreme surplus of cash in just about every big market pro sports organization, and not just the big market ones.

    The players should have the majority of the power. Once that transition is complete the NFL will be a far better league.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,422
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    There is a 0 percent chance there isn't an extreme surplus of cash in just about every big market pro sports organization, and not just the big market ones.

    The players should have the majority of the power. Once that transition is complete the NFL will be a far better league.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    umm, the NFL is economically the strongest league in the country

    Are you suggesting that what's happened with stars and superteams in the NBA is what all leagues should aspire to emulate?

    I don't care what you're paying a player, they are still an employee of the organization. They're not being paid their salary to make business decisions, they're making whatever they're making for their play on the field. Period. You want to talk about certain things with them, keep them apprised of certain things? Fine. But to think they should be allowed to tell an organization who to hire and fire on the administration/business end of things? Nope.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  6. #96
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    21,200
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    umm, the NFL is economically the strongest league in the country

    Are you suggesting that what's happened with stars and superteams in the NBA is what all leagues should aspire to emulate?

    I don't care what you're paying a player, they are still an employee of the organization. They're not being paid their salary to make business decisions, they're making whatever they're making for their play on the field. Period. You want to talk about certain things with them, keep them apprised of certain things? Fine. But to think they should be allowed to tell an organization who to hire and fire on the administration/business end of things? Nope.
    The players made the NFL the strongest league in the country. That's who people are paying to watch.

    Do you think the Packers should get rid of Rodgers? Because that's what it comes down to.

    Why should the league MVP just shut up when he thinks the GM is mismanaging the team? Why should the GM have authority over him?

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    24,887
    It is funny that we as fans think we know so much and clamor for people to be fired. Like, just about all Eagles fans say that Howie deserves to be fired and most people agree. Yet, if a guy who is employed and paid a ton by the team says the same thing he doesn't have the authority.

    Point is, you don't even have to be in the organization to make claims that certain guys are bad at their jobs. We as fans are right a lot of times when we say so and so coach/GM should be fired and are doing a bad job. So, I think that a guy who is directly involved and one of the most important guys in the building, may have a case if he thinks someone isn't doing their job well.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,868
    The only 2 landing spots for Aaron right now are Las Vegas Raiders and or the Denver Broncos

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,422
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    The players made the NFL the strongest league in the country. That's who people are paying to watch.

    Do you think the Packers should get rid of Rodgers? Because that's what it comes down to.

    Why should the league MVP just shut up when he thinks the GM is mismanaging the team? Why should the GM have authority over him?
    Wait, what? Who said Rodgers should just shut up?
    HOWEVER, if you have a problem with someone, it's pretty douchy to let such a rumor get out and, whether YOU are responsible for it getting out or not, let everybody in the world think the rumor may be true and say nothing.

    Firstly, the GM DOES have authority over him...that's his boss, man. However, the GM isn't presuming authority in this situation, in fact all he's said thus far is...that Rodgers hasn't communicated any of this to him.

    The players made the league? Well, without the owners, there is no league for them to play in. While owners are all rich, they are still committing far more than any player is. If I am the highest volume sales person in a company, I may have high value in the company, but does that mean I've earned the right to call the shots? How is this any different?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    30,073
    The players are the league and the owners should respect that.

    I could care less if they're fronting some money, they should be personally liable then if things go wrong. Hint: they're not.

    And they're also not really at risk financially when they absolutely should be.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    21,200
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Wait, what? Who said Rodgers should just shut up?
    HOWEVER, if you have a problem with someone, it's pretty douchy to let such a rumor get out and, whether YOU are responsible for it getting out or not, let everybody in the world think the rumor may be true and say nothing.

    Firstly, the GM DOES have authority over him...that's his boss, man. However, the GM isn't presuming authority in this situation, in fact all he's said thus far is...that Rodgers hasn't communicated any of this to him.

    The players made the league? Well, without the owners, there is no league for them to play in. While owners are all rich, they are still committing far more than any player is. If I am the highest volume sales person in a company, I may have high value in the company, but does that mean I've earned the right to call the shots? How is this any different?
    The GM is not the "boss" of the players. They're both "employees".

    What are the owners committing exactly? Particularly the sons of owners like Mark Davis, Mike Brown, Cal McNair, Dean Spanos, ..?

    Why should someone who is responsible for a large percentage of sales not have a say in how the company operates? You're gonna ignore his/her input when he/she knows exactly what the customers want? That would just be silly.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 05-02-2021 at 11:36 PM.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    35,548
    They should have drafted a WR last year or early on in some of the previous years. They might have won the SB if there was someone else to throw the ball to beyond Davante Adams. Brady tried as hard as he could to give GB that game but Rodgers had no one to go to in the 4th quarter.

    Maybe if they listened to Rodgers last year they'd be the champs right now. I don't blame Rodgers for telling them they suck at this. Without him that's a 3-4 win team.

    Don't worry. He's got this.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    34,995
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    The players are the league and the owners should respect that.

    I could care less if they're fronting some money, they should be personally liable then if things go wrong. Hint: they're not.

    And they're also not really at risk financially when they absolutely should be.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Logistically, how do you see this working? Who scouts and drafts players? Is there a de facto GM but he has to run things by certain players? Do the players get blank checks? I just don’t understand how you think things should go.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    66,007
    Apparently last year they tried to trade up for Jefferson, refused to meet the price Minnesota set. Then they tried to trade up for Ayuke, and refused to pay the price SF paid. So they moved up for Love.

    Between than and not even giving ARod the heads up they were thinking of a QB give me no hesitation to side with ARod here. They don’t have much more of a window and not getting him an additional high level weapon is a colossal failure.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    17,148
    I love Terry Bradshaw’s take..

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •