Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Apparently last year they tried to trade up for Jefferson, refused to meet the price Minnesota set. Then they tried to trade up for Ayuke, and refused to pay the price SF paid. So they moved up for Love.

Between than and not even giving ARod the heads up they were thinking of a QB give me no hesitation to side with ARod here. They donít have much more of a window and not getting him an additional high level weapon is a colossal failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    they were never going to pry that pick from the Vikings...not only because of who it is, but because the Vikings were replacing Diggs
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    I love Terry Bradshawís take..
    agreed, not only that but he's now been just letting this last round of media attention go for days and made no effort to stem any of it.....so is this all just an ego boost to him?

What did Bradshaw say?
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

"Him being that upset shows me how weak he is," Bradshaw told WFAN's "Moose and Maggie" on Monday. "Who the hell cares who you draft? He's a three-time MVP in the league and he's worried about this guy they drafted last year at No. 1? ... And for him to be upset, my god, I don't understand that. Pittsburgh drafted Mark Malone No. 1, Cliff Stoudt in the third or fourth round -- I had them coming at me from all angles. I embraced it because when we went to practice, I wasn't worried about those guys. They didn't scare me a bit. So I don't understand why he's so upset at Green Bay."

As for what Bradshaw would do if he was running the show in Green Bay: "I wouldn't budge. Let him gripe, let him cry -- retire, you're 38, go ahead and retire, see you later. I'm really strong about stuff like that, and it just makes him look weak. In my way [of looking at things], it makes him look weak."
    cbssports.com

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    cbssports.com
    It is kind of ironic that the Love draft pick gets better if Rodgers retires over it.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    cbssports.com
    Wow well said.
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

What would Bradshaw know about it? He played when there was no salary cap or unrestricted free agency. His team was loaded with HOF talent and roided up, too. Sure, in his position, why would you worry about your team picking a QB in the 1st round.

But the margins in the modern NFL are so thin that hitting on a 1st round pick does in fact make a big impact. It's not like Packers fans loved the Love pick, and the Packers are fan-owned. If the choice is between the NFL MVP Rodgers and Gutekunst, the decision is obvious.

Green Bay's front office has already squandered Rodgers' prime, so why should he agree to let them squander the end of his career as well? It's not like he's unfair towards Gutekunst either. He's been the GM for 3 years and the team hasn't meaningfully improved. They still live or die by Rodgers' performance. It wouldn't be unreasonable to fire Gutekunst.

(Although I personally would fire LaFleur first. I'm biased there because I thought they should have hired Fangio to begin with. Or maybe Flores with the benefit of hindsight. The Packers with Rodgers don't need an offensive-minded HC. Some of LaFleur's coaching decisions have been really bad.)

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    What would Bradshaw know about it? He played when there was no salary cap or unrestricted free agency. His team was loaded with HOF talent and roided up, too. Sure, in his position, why would you worry about your team picking a QB in the 1st round.

But the margins in the modern NFL are so thin that hitting on a 1st round pick does in fact make a big impact. It's not like Packers fans loved the Love pick, and the Packers are fan-owned. If the choice is between the NFL MVP Rodgers and Gutekunst, the decision is obvious.

Green Bay's front office has already squandered Rodgers' prime, so why should he agree to let them squander the end of his career as well? It's not like he's unfair towards Gutekunst either. He's been the GM for 3 years and the team hasn't meaningfully improved. They still live or die by Rodgers' performance. It wouldn't be unreasonable to fire Gutekunst.

(Although I personally would fire LaFleur first. I'm biased there because I thought they should have hired Fangio to begin with. Or maybe Flores with the benefit of hindsight. The Packers with Rodgers don't need an offensive-minded HC. Some of LaFleur's coaching decisions have been really bad.)
    Fine, let's go your route of accepting the petulant child routine. The GM made the trade to draft a QB and didn't tell Erin ahead of time. OK. But that was a year ago, plenty of time to have talked that through internally and in that year we heard nothing about any dissension.

Nor did we hear much beyond rumors of dissension on his part for months since the season ended, a season that saw his team reach the conference championship despite supposedly being bereft of talent. No, when does that dissension suddenly get louder? Just before the draft along with news that he'd be chillin' at the Derby, making sure to insert himself in as a big storyline during the league's biggest offseason event.

And to top it all, he's letting all this churn in the media now and is making no comment known confirming or denying ANY of it.

What would Bradshaw know about it...lol. Cap or no cap they were still drafting guys throughout his career that were intended to push or unseat him. He kept playing and kept them from unseating him...without the petulant child routine.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post

And it sooooo didnít bother Bradshaw to the point that 40 plus years later he remembers their names and rounds they got drafted in lol

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Fine, let's go your route of accepting the petulant child routine. The GM made the trade to draft a QB and didn't tell Erin ahead of time. OK. But that was a year ago, plenty of time to have talked that through internally and in that year we heard nothing about any dissension.

Nor did we hear much beyond rumors of dissension on his part for months since the season ended, a season that saw his team reach the conference championship despite supposedly being bereft of talent. No, when does that dissension suddenly get louder? Just before the draft along with news that he'd be chillin' at the Derby, making sure to insert himself in as a big storyline during the league's biggest offseason event.

And to top it all, he's letting all this churn in the media now and is making no comment known confirming or denying ANY of it.

What would Bradshaw know about it...lol. Cap or no cap they were still drafting guys throughout his career that were intended to push or unseat him. He kept playing and kept them from unseating him...without the petulant child routine.
    In a no cap era, youíre more likely to keep the more expensive guy thatís perform a little better than the cheaper guy than you were to do the same in the cap era. If you wanted to be competitive that is.

Iím pretty sure there has been talks for a couple seasons now about Rodgers not being happy in the situation there in Gb. Not fond of the wanting out but a guy at the tail end of his career whoíll go down as one of the all time greats, why wouldnít you want to be in a better situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

The Packers have drafted the following offensive positions in the first 3 rounds since Aaron Rodgers was drafted:

WR (6) - Greg Jennings (06 - 2), James Jones (07 - 3), Jordy Nelson (08 - 1), Randall Cobb (11 - 2), Devonte Adams (14 - 2), Ty Montgomery (15 - 3), Amari Rodgers (21 - 3)

RB (4) - Brandon Jackson (07 -2), Alex Green (11 - 3), Eddie Lacy (13 - 2), AJ Dillon (20 - 2)

OL - 8 in total

TE (1) - Josiah Deguara (20 - 3)

So out of a possible 48 picks, 19 have been offense. That means 29 picks in that span has been defensive picks and the defense is CONSTANTLY being bashed over how bad it is during ARods time. Either they should have looked in the mirror and say "hey lets do something different here" and take some offense or overhaul their scouting on all these defensive players that didn't pan out.

The Packers have drafted the following offensive positions in the first 3 rounds since Aaron Rodgers was drafted:

WR (6) - Greg Jennings (06 - 2), James Jones (07 - 3), Jordy Nelson (08 - 1), Randall Cobb (11 - 2), Devonte Adams (14 - 2), Ty Montgomery (15 - 3), Amari Rodgers (21 - 3)

RB (4) - Brandon Jackson (07 -2), Alex Green (11 - 3), Eddie Lacy (13 - 2), AJ Dillon (20 - 2)

OL - 8 in total

So out of a possible 48 picks, 19 have been offense. That means 29 picks in that span has been defensive picks and the defense is CONSTANTLY being bashed over how bad it is during ARods time. Either they should have looked in the mirror and say "hey lets do something different here" and take some offense or overhaul their scouting on all these defensive players that didn't pan out.
    Even looking at the offensive talent, outside of Nelson and Adamís none of it screams great talent. Cobb and Jennings were definitely solid but RB has been pretty crap and never really great WR combos at one time.

I know itís not common to hit on talent after talent but thereís been no consistency at all in the drafting GB has done since Aaron was drafted/starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Even looking at the offensive talent, outside of Nelson and Adamís none of it screams great talent. Cobb and Jennings were definitely solid but RB has been pretty crap and never really great WR combos at one time.

I know itís not common to hit on talent after talent but thereís been no consistency at all in the drafting GB has done since Aaron was drafted/starter.

The only place they came close to overlapping was Jennings and Nelson, but they've never had RB/WR combo at their best; TE/WR; and slim WR/WR.

OL - 8 in total

Damn GB has been pretty good at drafting at WR. As a bears fan Iím happy they didnít do it more.

OL - 8 in total

Didn't they have some good offensive pieces before Rodgers was drafted too? Like I'm pretty sure he had some good years of Driver, TE Finley was solid before injuries, and RB Grant was solid for a few years with him, Chad Clifton was a good LT.

I'm just saying, he inherited a 13-3 team that nearly went to the SB, so they weren't exactly hurting for talent when he took over, particularly on offense.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast