Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 211
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Derrick Henry put up 2027 yards on 378 rushes in 2020 (5.4 y/a).
    DeMarco Murray put up 1845 yards on 392 rushes in 2014 (4.7 y/a).
    Dalvin Cook put up 1557 yards on 312 rushes in 2020 (5.0 y/a).
    DeMarco Murray put up 1121 yards on 217 rushes in 2013 (5.2 y/a).
    Aaron Jones put up 1104 yards on 201 rushes in 2020 (5.5 y/a).



    Derrick Henry is good, but he's not that different than Aaron Jones, who is also good. Any good RB will produce if given a 350+ rush workload.





    Then he has no reason to complain about the Packers draft choices. So which is it?
    you just COMPLETELY ignored the fact that Henry is the focus of the offense, the entire offense runs through him, the passing game heavily uses play action that is successful because teams are afraid of Henry.

    the same absolutely can not be said of Jones. it's actually quite the opposite. no one goes against the pack worrying about how bad Jones is going to beat them, they're worried about Rodgers.

    trying to do an apples to apples comparison is just incredibly moronic

    I was also going to comment about Rashan Gary, because your writeup about him was literally the exact opposite of reality and everything scouts have ever said about him.

    I legit laughed when I saw the "low ceiling" comment
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

    When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    21,126
    Quote Originally Posted by d.m.g. View Post
    At this point I'd just trade him. Rumor has it he wants the GM fired and considering he got Mike McCarthy fired, it shows he's a toxic player. No matter how good he is, it isn't worth the drama.
    I know you are a Cowboys fan so you have to pretend McCarthy is actually a good coach, but there is nothing wrong about Rodgers getting him fired, if it's even true.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11,708
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    I was also going to comment about Rashan Gary, because your writeup about him was literally the exact opposite of reality and everything scouts have ever said about him.

    I legit laughed when I saw the "low ceiling" comment
    Go ahead and quote where Rashan Gary is mentioned in any comment I've ever made on any forum.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

    IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Go ahead and quote where Rashan Gary is mentioned in any comment I've ever made on any forum.
    I quoted the wrong person, that was supposed to be mbc
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

    When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    Is it not more impressive for someone like Derrick Henry or Dalvin Cook to produce in that manner as the CENTERPIECE of the offense? Instead of someone like Aaron Jones who gets to pick his spots and is put in favorable situations often because of Rodgers. It's not downplaying the ability of Jones, but without Derrick Henry that play action passing attack from Tannehill does not work nearly the same.

    Efficiency is nice and typically drops when you see larger volumes of work. Since you mention watching football, wouldn't you have mentioned some football context as well?

    The astonishment came from saying Aaron Rodgers doesn't support a #2 receiver which he's done countless times
    As for the RB debate, even though it's a bit off topic, I think guys like Henry and CMac standout. The things they do is hard to find others that can truly replicate that. Henry is such a bruiser workhorse that I don't think you can swap any one of the other top guys into that spot and not fall off. Same with CMac and his pass catching. Alot of guys are good pass catchers, but CMac is just different.

    But from, the next group are all pretty much interchangeable. They have strengths and weaknesses, so there would be some noticeable change it you swapped them, but for the most part, there's about 5-6 guys in that next group who are all pretty similar. If you want to put Jones on the bottom of that list, so that he's like number 7 or 8 in the NFL, then fine, but the difference between say 3 or 4 and 8 or 9 is pretty minimal.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    7,268
    Well, Favre has spoken and as a guy who retired like 6 times, I think he has a certain level of knowledge... Rodgers is done in Green Bay.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11,708
    [Sharp] teams that funnelled targets to WR1 (% of all targets to WR1 vs WR2):
    GB - 30% more to WR1
    WAS - 29%
    BAL - 24%
    KC - 22%
    ARI -22%
    LAC - 19%
    MIA - 18%

    Teams that spread the ball the most between WR1 & WR2:
    CIN - 1% more to WR1
    SEA - 1%
    LAR - 1%
    JAX - 1%
    NE - 2%
    LVR - 2%
    NYG - 2%


    https://twitter.com/sharpfootball/st...253791238?s=21


    Rodgers worst in the league at spreading the ball around.

    Mahomes stat here is presumably corrupted due to his top target being a TE instead of WR.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

    IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  8. #158
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    21,126
    ^ Not very "sharp" to interpret intent into these numbers.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,809
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    ^ Not very "sharp" to interpret intent into these numbers.
    Its really wierd that when teams have one guy that's noticeably better than the rest of the wr group, that team throws the ball to their best player more than their other players.

    And it's such a misuse of the data too since pretty much all the teams on the top list were in the bottom half of the league for percent of throws targeting WRs, which means those teams often targeted RBs and/or TEs.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,559
    Potential Rodgers trade packages you could pull off to get Rodgers

    1- Packers receive: CB Patrick Surtain II, WR Tim Patrick, QB Drew Lock, 2022 1st round draft pick and 2023 1st round draft pick

    Broncos receive: QB Aaron Rodgers and CB Eric Stokes

    2- Packers receive: QB Derek Carr, 2022 1st round draft pick, 2022 2nd round draft pick and 2023 1st round draft pick

    Vegas Raiders receive: QB Aaron Rodgers and 2023 4th round draft pick

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    42,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Potential Rodgers trade packages you could pull off to get Rodgers

    1- Packers receive: CB Patrick Surtain II, WR Tim Patrick, QB Drew Lock, 2022 1st round draft pick and 2023 1st round draft pick

    Broncos receive: QB Aaron Rodgers and CB Eric Stokes

    2- Packers receive: QB Derek Carr, 2022 1st round draft pick, 2022 2nd round draft pick and 2023 1st round draft pick

    Vegas Raiders receive: QB Aaron Rodgers and 2023 4th round draft pick
    Why would the Packers not have traded at the draft then if theyíre getting Surtain back?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    34,993
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Why would the Packers not have traded at the draft then if theyíre getting Surtain back?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    An Aaron Rogers trade would be a pretty big organizational decision that maybe they werenít ready to make at that time. If they do decide to go that way down the line itís possible current year draft picks could be discussed. Itís uncommon but so is trading an MVP quarterback.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    42,907
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    An Aaron Rogers trade would be a pretty big organizational decision that maybe they werenít ready to make at that time. If they do decide to go that way down the line itís possible current year draft picks could be discussed. Itís uncommon but so is trading an MVP quarterback.
    I can buy that. If it were to happen later, itíd make sense. If the timing really is accurate of when he wanted out without the teams knowledge so close to the draft it would also make sense with no rush.

    Just seems that so close to the completion of the draft to include current drafted players is a waste over what the Packers couldíve done their own with the pick. But, itíd make sense to take Surtain since heíd be better than what the Broncos pick(s) in 2022 and beyond would be with now having Edgers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,028
    So, why would he supposedly be focused on a trade to the Broncos now? I mean, I'd think he'd be looking for a team that would be a Super Bowl contender by adding him. Is he thinking he'd have the pull Tom Brady did to get people to follow him? They haven't thus far. I'm sure he actually preferred SF, but that ship has sailed. This may take a 3 team deal to pull off.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  15. #165
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    21,126
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    So, why would he supposedly be focused on a trade to the Broncos now? I mean, I'd think he'd be looking for a team that would be a Super Bowl contender by adding him. Is he thinking he'd have the pull Tom Brady did to get people to follow him? They haven't thus far. I'm sure he actually preferred SF, but that ship has sailed. This may take a 3 team deal to pull off.
    1) Broncos aren't set at QB yet. 2) They have a really good defense and solid offense outside of QB.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •