Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    1) Broncos aren't set at QB yet. 2) They have a really good defense and solid offense outside of QB.
    Pretty much this. The Broncos are basically in the exact same situation they were in around 2012. Decent overall team, but bad QB; add Rodgers (and no COVID nonsense) and they go from 5-11 to 10-6 minimum.

A lot of seemingly bad teams are solid enough that adding Rodgers easily makes them a top seed/ championship game possibility.

I think Rodgers wants to move teams mostly "just because" and is trying to attach reasons to it to deflect.

Peyton Manning was pretty good, but had lots of 1-and-dones in his career. Changed teams, went to Denver, boom, records. Peyton cemented his legacy.

Tom Brady was really good, but no one was really sure if BB or TB was the reason (or both). Changed teams, went to Tampa, boom, superbowl. Brady likely cemented his GOAT-ship in a way he never could have done with the Pats.

I think Rodgers saw this and basically wants some of that. He'll be a "yeah he was good but only 1 SB" QB in 10 years. An also-ran in an age of good QBs. He's expecting to move and make a big impact like Peyton and Brady did.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

This about sums up the current situation.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    So, why would he supposedly be focused on a trade to the Broncos now? I mean, I'd think he'd be looking for a team that would be a Super Bowl contender by adding him. Is he thinking he'd have the pull Tom Brady did to get people to follow him? They haven't thus far. I'm sure he actually preferred SF, but that ship has sailed. This may take a 3 team deal to pull off.
    Rodgers doesn't have any sort of no trade clause, so he really has no choice in where he'd be traded to.

Quote Originally Posted by d.m.g. View Post
    At this point I'd just trade him. Rumor has it he wants the GM fired and considering he got Mike McCarthy fired, it shows he's a toxic player. No matter how good he is, it isn't worth the drama.
    MM got himself fired by being an awful coach the last few years in GB.

Pretty much this. The Broncos are basically in the exact same situation they were in around 2012. Decent overall team, but bad QB; add Rodgers (and no COVID nonsense) and they go from 5-11 to 10-6 minimum.

A lot of seemingly bad teams are solid enough that adding Rodgers easily makes them a top seed/ championship game possibility.
    This, plus he knows Fangio pretty well from their time against one another when Fangio was the DC in Chicago. He's spoken fairly highly of him in the past. Not sure the exact setup in Denver, but I think Rodgers kind of wants some control over the offense as well. Having a defensive minded HC probably helps give him more control over the offense.

Outside of that, from a purely speculative move, his now fiance has a place in Colorado, so she clearly likes the area. And I do believe he's angling to set up his life after football. I don't think he intended on retiring any time too soon but he's also smart enough to know to make any inroads on where he wants to go post football. He's a west coast guy, so he wants to go west. I know Colorado isn't that far west, but he is saving some travel time if he intends on spending more time in California as well.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    This, plus he knows Fangio pretty well from their time against one another when Fangio was the DC in Chicago. He's spoken fairly highly of him in the past. Not sure the exact setup in Denver, but I think Rodgers kind of wants some control over the offense as well. Having a defensive minded HC probably helps give him more control over the offense.

Outside of that, from a purely speculative move, his now fiance has a place in Colorado, so she clearly likes the area. And I do believe he's angling to set up his life after football. I don't think he intended on retiring any time too soon but he's also smart enough to know to make any inroads on where he wants to go post football. He's a west coast guy, so he wants to go west. I know Colorado isn't that far west, but he is saving some travel time if he intends on spending more time in California as well.
    if you're going that route, the Broncos GM just came over from years with the Vikings, so Paton would know him well, too.

I hadn't caught that the Broncos also have the cap space without need to purge to fit him in.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

IF ARod leaves for sure Davante Adams will also. Adams is in the final year of his contract.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112