Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Of course there is pessimism due to Bears history, but they have never had a QB with Field's pedigree. 5 star recruit in h.s. #8 ranked all time recruit actually, 2 year college starter both of which he went to the CFB playoffs and put up insane numbers, runs a 4.44 40, huge arm, photographic memory, perfect QB build, great family, etc. Rarely if ever do you find a college QB that is both a generational physical talent and also put up elite production at the highest level.
    There are definitely parallels to the Bears passing on Watson/Mahomes in favor of Trubisky and the 49ers passing on Fields and taking Lance, even if 49ers fans don't want to believe it.
    Screw sabermetics.

**** Lynch and the 9ers

Solomon Thomas is basically on his way out of the league, just like Ruben Foster. They were so cocky about that draft and the trade and they took 2 clear busts. Just lucky for them they weren't QBs and not as much attention is paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    There are definitely parallels to the Bears passing on Watson/Mahomes in favor of Trubisky and the 49ers passing on Fields and taking Lance, even if 49ers fans don't want to believe it.
    I honestly see that happening. I don't think Lance stands a chance. He started as few games in college as Mitch and against far far worse competition. Then he comes out and lays an egg in his one start this season. SF was foolish for drafting Lance but I'm glad they did. There is no legitimate argument for Lance going before Fields but somehow it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    **** Lynch and the 9ers

Solomon Thomas is basically on his way out of the league, just like Ruben Foster. They were so cocky about that draft and the trade and they took 2 clear busts. Just lucky for them they weren't QBs and not as much attention is paid.
    Their best player from that draft was a day 3 pick, Fred Warner.

I think Lynch gets such favorable media coverage because he was a part of that world, as an okayish/middling broadcaster, before making the unlikely jump to GM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    I honestly see that happening. I don't think Lance stands a chance. He started as few games in college as Mitch and against far far worse competition. Then he comes out and lays an egg in his one start this season. SF was foolish for drafting Lance but I'm glad they did. There is no legitimate argument for Lance going before Fields but somehow it happened.
    The Lance hype was always odd to me. Maybe he's going to be awesome, but he's almost entirely projection coming into the league. That's pretty scary considering the draft capital they gave up to take him 3rd. He's by far the riskiest QB of the group that went in the 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

I think Lynch gets such favorable media coverage because he was a part of that world, as an okayish/middling broadcaster, before making the unlikely jump to GM.
    This. We know damn well if the Bears traded ALL that to move up to 3rd only to draft Trey freaking Lance, we’d be hearing it from every corner of the media universe..hell I’ve heard a few ppl say how we gave up “the farm” to move up for Fields, when it’s only 1 first and couple day 3 picks for a QB with far more pedigree than Lance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

Don't forget one of the picks the 49ers acquire in that trade was sent to New Orleans, who then selected Alvin Kamara. That cannot look good at all.

IMO, 49ers gave up more to move up to #3 to get Lance than the Bears did to get either Trubisky or Fields. I rarely root for a player to bust but should Lance bust and Fields succeed, I am going to be extremely smug with the 49ers, especially one particularly 49ers fan on another site.
    Screw sabermetics.

Don't forget one of the picks the 49ers acquire in that trade was sent to New Orleans, who then selected Alvin Kamara. That cannot look good at all.

IMO, 49ers gave up more to move up to #3 to get Lance than the Bears did to get either Trubisky or Fields. I rarely root for a player to bust but should Lance bust and Fields succeed, I am going to be extremely smug with the 49ers, especially one particularly 49ers fan on another site.
    Shany's Niners have ONE winning season in the last 4 years; that one season just happened to be their SB run.

Dare I say it, I think Shanny is a tad-bit overrated. If they get anything less than a deep playoff run, Lynch and Jed York need to have some conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    Shany's Niners have ONE winning season in the last 4 years; that one season just happened to be their SB run.

Dare I say it, I think Shanny is a tad-bit overrated. If they get anything less than a deep playoff run, Lynch and Jed York need to have some conversations.
    We get annoyed with Matt Nagy BUT he is 28-20 in his three years as Bears HC and the 49ers are 29-35 in four years under Kyle. But yeah media likes continue the "Kyle Shanahan is a genius" narrative, while poopooing Matt Nagy.
    Screw sabermetics.

We get annoyed with Matt Nagy BUT he is 28-20 in his three years as Bears HC and the 49ers are 29-35 in four years under Kyle. But yeah media likes continue the "Kyle Shanahan is a genius" narrative, while poopooing Matt Nagy.
    Different circumstances. Can't really judge either on record IMO.

Been watching a lot of our UDFA Charles Snowden. He has me really excited. Reminds me a lot of Leonard Floyd (as many people have said before me so I can’t claim that comp lol).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Different circumstances. Can't really judge either on record IMO.
    I'm just saying. Kyle is mediocre as a head coach, minus what looks to be a very fluky SB run.
    Screw sabermetics.

I'm just saying. Kyle is mediocre as a head coach, minus what looks to be a very fluky SB run.
    He's definitely overrated. I always hear people say the Bears won in 2018 due to Fangio's defense in 2018, but no one wants to mention SF's defense in 2019. Say what you want about Nagy, but 3 seasons of .500 or better beats 3 out of 4 losing seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    He's definitely overrated. I always hear people say the Bears won in 2018 due to Fangio's defense in 2018, but no one wants to mention SF's defense in 2019. Say what you want about Nagy, but 3 seasons of .500 or better beats 3 out of 4 losing seasons.
    As I said, different circumstances. Dive into why.

hmmmmm 2019 was the only year Jimmy G was healthy the entire season. The only year they didn't play with backup QBs. You wonder why their defense was better? Was it because they had an offense that could stay on the field and score?

**** doesn't happen in a vacuum.

Bears winning in 2018 because of Fangio's defense has nothing to do with SF in 2019. Zero links, no comparison unless you want to dive deeper than a record comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    As I said, different circumstances. Dive into why.

hmmmmm 2019 was the only year Jimmy G was healthy the entire season. The only year they didn't play with backup QBs. You wonder why their defense was better? Was it because they had an offense that could stay on the field and score?

**** doesn't happen in a vacuum.

Bears winning in 2018 because of Fangio's defense has nothing to do with SF in 2019. Zero links, no comparison unless you want to dive deeper than a record comparison.
    I got all that. No situation will be "apples to apples", all I am saying that Nagy and Kyle are both the same kind of mediocre but one gets hammered and the other is given a pass because he coaches in SF.
    Screw sabermetics.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast