Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 412
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    30,008

    2021 NFL Draft Thread - Bears have a first round pick again!

    I have no idea what to expect.

    Would love to get fields somehow. Even if pace does give up a bit too much, at least we'll have a young qb to hang our hat on.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I have no idea what to expect.

    Would love to get fields somehow. Even if pace does give up a bit too much, at least we'll have a young qb to hang our hat on.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    If they stay put at 20, itís either Teven Jenkins or newsome.

    Probably taking one of Mills, mond, or trask in the 2nd round.

    In my humble opinion.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,377
    I'm preparing myself for us not being able to trade down from 20 and taking Mills there. Then selling everybody about how he was a value because of what the cost to trade up would have been.

    Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    21,862
    Just hoping Pace doesn't do something stupid... High probability of that considering his history in the 1st round.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    7,383
    I just want Pace to let the draft come to him. If Fields falls out of the Top 10, the consider trading up. If not, take one of the OTs and looks to the second for your QB.

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    29,390
    30% chance of a trade up..... 50% chance of a trade down (pace loves 4th and 5th rounders we lack currently) 20% chance we stand pat. If we do its most likely Jenkins or a CB.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    10,053
    Ideal scenario:

    Jags take Lawrence
    Jets take Wilson
    9ers take Fields
    Falcons take Pitts
    Bengals take Sewell
    Dolphins take Chase
    Detroit/Carolina/Broncos/Cowboys/Giants/Eagles/Chargers/Vikings all pass on a QB

    That leaves the Pats with a choice of Mac or Trey. I wouldn't expect the Cards/Raiders/Dolphins/Redskins to take a QB. We get the leftovers of Mac or Trey. Personally if it's Trey left, I'm drafting BPA instead of going QB round 1.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    30,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    I'm preparing myself for us not being able to trade down from 20 and taking Mills there. Then selling everybody about how he was a value because of what the cost to trade up would have been.
    May not be the worst thing if he overdrafted a qb at 20.

    Agreed - I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen either

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    19,694
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    May not be the worst thing if he overdrafted a qb at 20.

    Agreed - I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen either

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Yes it would be. I donít want him reaching for a project 2nd round QB when we can potentially get a franchise OT in Jenkins. Need to solidify the trenches first. Then take the best QB available in the 2nd, trade up if needed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    13,434
    Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Yes it would be. I donít want him reaching for a project 2nd round QB when we can potentially get a franchise OT in Jenkins. Need to solidify the trenches first. Then take the best QB available in the 2nd, trade up if needed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with this, but unfortunately I think they will be taking a QB and most likely trading up.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    30,008
    Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Yes it would be. I donít want him reaching for a project 2nd round QB when we can potentially get a franchise OT in Jenkins. Need to solidify the trenches first. Then take the best QB available in the 2nd, trade up if needed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're coming at it from the point of view of this being a competent organization

    My point is if he overdrafts a qb and doesn't trade up, at least we're not mortgaging the future.

    Maybe he'll even get let go after a bad season.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 04-29-2021 at 12:55 PM.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    29,390
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    May not be the worst thing if he overdrafted a qb at 20.

    Agreed - I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen either

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I think it would be because even that teir that will be left there doesnt really deserve to be going until the late 2nd or 3rd. Its highly unlikely they pan out and to use a first with tallent that could start for this team seems like a huge waste.

    I would much rather take a swing. A guy like Farley..... Rousseau.... Jankins could all end up 5-10 year starters. Easily.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    29,390
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    I agree with this, but unfortunately I think they will be taking a QB and most likely trading up.
    Im actually OK with trading up if your getting a top 4 guy (i exclude mac jones myself) as long as your not ponying up 3 first to do it.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    19,694
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    You're coming at it from the point of view of this being a competent organization

    My point is if he overdrafts a qb and doesn't trade up, at least we're not mortgaging the future.

    Maybe he'll even get let go after a bad season.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Yup my approach is what a non-desperate GM would do, which is the right approach. This is why I wish these clowns wouldíve been canned after last season because heís about to mortgage our future for the sole reason of his *** being on the hot seat.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    29,390
    I think this is a silly question because it has less to do with football and more on your opinions of him as a person and the outcome.... But if we could offer #20 for Watson today do u take it or say no because of his issues.

    Half of me say stay away. The other half says you look at guys like Kobe and Big ben. If they win does it matter. Obviously it does..... But there is no doubt adding watson as a player would be huge in terms of getting a QB on field.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •