Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

2021 NFL Draft Thread - Bears have a first round pick again!

I have no idea what to expect.

Would love to get fields somehow. Even if pace does give up a bit too much, at least we'll have a young qb to hang our hat on.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I have no idea what to expect.

Would love to get fields somehow. Even if pace does give up a bit too much, at least we'll have a young qb to hang our hat on.

If they stay put at 20, itís either Teven Jenkins or newsome.

Probably taking one of Mills, mond, or trask in the 2nd round.

In my humble opinion.

I'm preparing myself for us not being able to trade down from 20 and taking Mills there. Then selling everybody about how he was a value because of what the cost to trade up would have been.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Just hoping Pace doesn't do something stupid... High probability of that considering his history in the 1st round.

I just want Pace to let the draft come to him. If Fields falls out of the Top 10, the consider trading up. If not, take one of the OTs and looks to the second for your QB.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    30% chance of a trade up..... 50% chance of a trade down (pace loves 4th and 5th rounders we lack currently) 20% chance we stand pat. If we do its most likely Jenkins or a CB.

Ideal scenario:

Jags take Lawrence
    Jets take Wilson
    9ers take Fields
    Falcons take Pitts
    Bengals take Sewell
    Dolphins take Chase
    Detroit/Carolina/Broncos/Cowboys/Giants/Eagles/Chargers/Vikings all pass on a QB

That leaves the Pats with a choice of Mac or Trey. I wouldn't expect the Cards/Raiders/Dolphins/Redskins to take a QB. We get the leftovers of Mac or Trey. Personally if it's Trey left, I'm drafting BPA instead of going QB round 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    I'm preparing myself for us not being able to trade down from 20 and taking Mills there. Then selling everybody about how he was a value because of what the cost to trade up would have been.
    May not be the worst thing if he overdrafted a qb at 20.

Agreed - I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen either

Click here to register!

Yes it would be. I donít want him reaching for a project 2nd round QB when we can potentially get a franchise OT in Jenkins. Need to solidify the trenches first. Then take the best QB available in the 2nd, trade up if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Yes it would be. I donít want him reaching for a project 2nd round QB when we can potentially get a franchise OT in Jenkins. Need to solidify the trenches first. Then take the best QB available in the 2nd, trade up if needed.

I agree with this, but unfortunately I think they will be taking a QB and most likely trading up.

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post

You're coming at it from the point of view of this being a competent organization

My point is if he overdrafts a qb and doesn't trade up, at least we're not mortgaging the future.

Maybe he'll even get let go after a bad season.

Last edited by blams; 04-29-2021 at 12:55 PM.

Click here to register!

I think it would be because even that teir that will be left there doesnt really deserve to be going until the late 2nd or 3rd. Its highly unlikely they pan out and to use a first with tallent that could start for this team seems like a huge waste.

I would much rather take a swing. A guy like Farley..... Rousseau.... Jankins could all end up 5-10 year starters. Easily.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    I agree with this, but unfortunately I think they will be taking a QB and most likely trading up.
    Im actually OK with trading up if your getting a top 4 guy (i exclude mac jones myself) as long as your not ponying up 3 first to do it.

You're coming at it from the point of view of this being a competent organization

My point is if he overdrafts a qb and doesn't trade up, at least we're not mortgaging the future.

Maybe he'll even get let go after a bad season.

Yup my approach is what a non-desperate GM would do, which is the right approach. This is why I wish these clowns wouldíve been canned after last season because heís about to mortgage our future for the sole reason of his *** being on the hot seat.

I think this is a silly question because it has less to do with football and more on your opinions of him as a person and the outcome.... But if we could offer #20 for Watson today do u take it or say no because of his issues.

Half of me say stay away. The other half says you look at guys like Kobe and Big ben. If they win does it matter. Obviously it does..... But there is no doubt adding watson as a player would be huge in terms of getting a QB on field.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast